1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Does anyone else think that the AI is nigh phenomenal?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, that's something weird, in slow corners they are way too slow, in fast corners they're usually faster than me (which might be just right considering I'm far from being an alien).

2. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I was on a SPRINT RACING WEEKEND in single player, 2x5 min. practice, 2x5 min qualy and 2x10 min race with 20 AI (95/95).
    Right, first race, few laps in, I am in nice battle for 3rd when I hear my race engineer saying: the pits are now open. I thought 'pit stop on 10 min race? you are crazy man' and just kept fighting with one very naughty Ferrari... And then the Ferrari went to the box, and some other guy... all of them... I am like ' oh, there is a mandatory pit stop option, checked somewhere... oh, well I will keep going and see what is the penalty' and I kept going, all alone on the track and then... I won.... :confused::confused::confused: :cool:

Then comes the second race. Nice fight for a couple of laps, then the pits open and... same thing. So two wins... I am getting better :D

Very weird, I have to say. Couldn't find any options for than. Any ideas?

3. Jason N

Jason N Rookie

I have to disagree with that... In the event race the AI had no idea what space awareness meant and combined with AC1's collision physics meant that bumps ended up into me going head first into the wall. Not mentioning them doing blistering laps and then slowing down to crawl pace in the last corner for some reason. They may be fast, but there's a lot that needs to be done

earlyapex likes this.
  4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

You should have been penalised in real blancpain race i think, pit stop is mandatory, for driver swap isn't it ?

5. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I Raced the same race weekend but with 2X15 races. In the first race all the cars pitted with 2:30 to the end so I followed them to have a fair race. For the second race I pitted when the race engineer told me to do but at the end of the race only 4 cars had pitted so we were +1 lap. I think they should be more consistent with that as isn't fun to gain positions just because of an unecessary pit but you can't just pit to keep It fair and than lose a lap on other cars

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Yes, they're awful in that last corner of the last event. Not sure if the wet track is what triggers it because they're better in a random quick race in dry conditions.

fabT likes this.
  7. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I'm so happy of joy! I finally made it through the race event without getting spun by the AI! Finished 11th :D

8. mms

mms Alien

Mission failed, start again :D:D:D

Rehooja likes this.
  9. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

No the AI is not phenomenal, no games is. I'd class them as Good but with plenty of room for improvement.

10. Forseti

Forseti Rookie

When it is considered that this is a very early version, then AI is very good. I drove a race where I fought for the whole race with three drivers and the only collisions were due to my own mistake, even though there was overtaking almost every lap.

BEsnake and Rehooja like this.