1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Doubt brake temperature

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBoss, May 14, 2017.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I have doubts about which are the cars that have brake heating, I think that since version 1.7 we have not received updates in this regard. Is it working on the heating of brakes in all vehicles? Will we have more vehicles with this characteristic in the new update?

Thank you

Last edited: May 15, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - Doubts Dec 7, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues doubt creating a remote server Dec 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Doubts about tire physics Mar 3, 2017
    Console Lounge MODDED TRACKS IN CONSOLES? (A doubt) Oct 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Another REAL car kunos will no doubt ignore ... Jul 5, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues DNF DOUBT IN RACE Jan 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Doubt about the extremly brightness in cockpit camera Apr 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Noob doubts Oct 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Noob with a doubt (wheel and other games) May 13, 2014
    ACC Gameplay KTM GT2 brake lights are not rendering correctly Today at 3:27 AM
    Chit Chat Room KTM GT2 has no brake lights compared to IRL Today at 3:25 AM
    General modding discussion Overwrite the Brake Torque on wheels Sunday at 4:34 PM
    ACC Physics AI Brakes always cold? May 8, 2024
    ACC Physics Mustang GT3 Brake Bias Telemetry May 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not all cars have brake temperature simulation, no. You can check with enabled dev apps in the Telemetry app, there's a brake disk temp preset. Some mod apps read that out too I believe.

4. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

It is the one thing I probably wait for the most ! To me it looks like that this comes very late in the sim development.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sure we have. e.g. Cobra and F40 do now have brake temp simulation, very pronounced on both as well. Especially the Cobra can be more twitchy at the corner entry due to brake fading.

Also a couple of Porsche (917K, 917/30, 908, 935, 911 3.0 RSR) and iirc a couple of other classics.
    There aren't really that many modern race cars that feature brake temp simulation, but on those it's not that big of a deal anyway.

Schnipp likes this.
  6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

We have a whole bunch of road cars where brake temps is a consideration. It also change the braking characteristics of certain cars, like the F40 that cools the brakes a lot on every straight, and the initial brake bite feels weak as a consequence. Other cars would have massive fading if they had brake temp simulation.

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Pretty sure that Stefano either stated or alluded to the inclusion of brake temps/fade/wear was more for the modders than anything else.

Mogster and Atle Dreier like this.
  8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yeah. Still, I'd love to have it on the cars where it makes a difference. The big, fast SUVs and road cars can't take track abuse for any extended period of time, for instance.

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

If you think the Cobra is bad, start a hotlap session (so you start before the last turn) with the F40 S3 at Mugello and watch how T1 goes...

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

What ?! That would be a terribly sad new ! Braking dynamics are very part from racing, whatever the car, more or less. Brake temps/fade/wear has to be in the sim. It's not a modders' thing. I'd be hugely disappointed if it's not officially in the game eventually.

11. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It is officially in the game, a lot of the older cars have working brake temps.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Have to admit a bit disappointing if this is the case. I was thinking after Tyre 10 on all cars, they switch focus to Brake temps (as I don't feel new Tyre models are needed for AC1)

Solmyr likes this.
  13. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I guess Stefano would say: what else more do you want from a 40$ software??? :D
    While I agree that the brake temps play a big factor in a racing simulation, I remember that when I was doing league racing in rfactor 1, I was concerned about the brake temps nonetheless than the tyre temps and wear, because they were also overheating if not set correctly and so on, but if this is not the case with AC 1, then I can live with that...
    At least we have a simulation with better handling than others, and I think it's also not fair to ask too much from a game for such a low price.

I mean its not even commercial profitable, why would they spend hours on doing something for a game which is already 3 years old? Better save it for the next title and make and sell it as a new feature, and the work will not be spent for free...

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    BrandonW77 likes this.
  14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Or if you don't want a massive telemetry app open whilst racing you can try the Sidekick app - the section of the display normally dedicated to tyre psi / wear / temperature switches to showing brake temps during braking. This will tell you instantly if a car has simulated temps as soon as you brake for the first time :)

Solmyr and AmorFati like this.
  15. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Anyone able to elaborate the current brake temps, still haven't noticed fading brakes so far.. This is not implemented?

I wanna recreate my Nordschleife Aremberg PTSD :D

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

935 Moby Dick at Monza, have 'fun'.

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I didn't think we had brake fade due to overheating or wear. I though we just had less efficient brakes till they heat up.

AmorFati likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

As I said, some mod apps have it. No intention of using the Sidekick app so I didn't mention anything specifically.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Arent they also less efficient if they overheat? I dont think there if fade from wear of pads/discs but likely there is an optimum window for temps and above or below will give less brake performance. I cant say I have really noticed it but some cars I needed to adjust bias as the brakes gain temps, I haven't really noticed them get overheated and lose anything plus its mostly just the older race cars with brake temps atm. Not sure if too many street cars have had it added yet.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That would be fade wouldn't it? No I don't think that's modelled or you'd be feeling it in the road cars after a few minutes of heavy use.

I think it's a "be careful what you ask for" situation. I suspect brake fade would severely limit the road cars performance in AC and maybe make them less fun for many. I imagine that's why it's not included so far. Brake performance is already beefed up a bit over real iirc, maybe that was just the historic cars though.

21. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion the whole brake temp implementation is quite annoying (on some cars) since it's just partially done and we don't have brake ducts or other cooling options. Basically they implemented the real life problems but not the tools they use to solve those problems. With modern brakes the temps haven't been a "problem" for a while now. It's quite automatic process of opening the ducts more for heavy braking tracks. It's more about WHERE to direct the heat. Do we heat up the rims to rise tyre temps? Heat transfer from brakes to tyres we don't have at all. Now for the cars that hit the optimum range of cooling by default, the driving experience didn't change at all.

Schnipp likes this.