1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Driving guide

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by szydl0, Aug 30, 2015.

1. szydl0

szydl0 Rookie

Hi all!

Assetto Corsa is aiming broad audience as a simulator.There is a lot of newcomers who just want something more from CG driving than Gran Turismo. Even if AC is quite friendly for them, everyone has to learn how to drive.

There are many things to do: fast starting from the grid, threshold braking, cornering techniques, manual gearbox, drifting, heel-and-toe etc. You can learn of course all of this by experimenting on the track, but there is a big chance that you will end up with bad habits.

I thought it might be a good idea to add a proper driving guide or encyclopedia into AC. Each topic described by a short video presenting the technique and a short exercise on the track with i.e. traffic cones. I would love to see something similar to factory driving missions from old NFS Porsche 2000:

Assetto Corsa already have HTML based interface, so adding new content like videos, explanations etc. should be quite easy. The more consuming would be creation of that content. Maybe some of pro-drivers from this forum would like to create a series of lessons and make an appearance in AC?

I don't know however the flexibility of the game engine to configure the environment for exercises, i.e. is it possible to set different start and finish lines, add "checkpoints" to small, restricted area(like in slalom) or evaluate the data from telemetry.

What do you think, do you like it?

Cuthere, kofotsjanne and claudiopolez like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room New ac set-up and driving guides Jul 14, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues A guide to driving the e30 gr.a / dtm properly Mar 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A guide to driving the e30 gr.a / dtm properly Mar 3, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Guide for configuring the Driving Force GT (might go well for G25/G27) Dec 27, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds cant get my standard Interior driving view Nov 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Tools Your personal Driving Coach Oct 6, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Kyalami 100%: AI over-driving Leeukop May 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Zero / extremely light FFB when driving straight ACC v1.9.0 Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Hotlap Session - start driving and TC and ABS changes Mar 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting screen microfreezing while driving Dec 19, 2022

3. HelplessDeer

HelplessDeer Simracer

4. RennPanda

RennPanda Rookie

Sounds like a great idea! If adding cones as "checkpoints" works, then we might even see some proper autocross tracks - but oh well, I'm derailing this thread already. So BTT, then. :D I want to throw in two (IMHO) important points:
    • While something like "learning how to use the heel-toe technique" is quite neat, it's restricted to the few people who have the hardware to do it, therefore it's hard to teach it through the game. Something like drifting should be doable, though.
    • One should learn from these, let's call them "tests" - I still remember the accelerating and braking licence tests on GT: You didn't learn anything as coming to a standstill isn't necessarily something that will be of use while racing - especially not, when you try to slide in order to improve your best time. What, e.g., might be very useful is learning difficult sections of certain tracks.

5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Its allways good to have things that makes a player a better simdriver. Its all about organisation.
    The advantage to have such things directly inside AC would be to access the broad audience, because I doubt that all AC useres are following the forums.

On the other hand it could be to resource consuming for kunos to make such thing by them selfs. sooo...

Setting and saving custom start and endpoints in training sessions for a track would be a great helper for all, for beginners and pros to train specific sections. This could be the a very good inprovement.

6. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien