1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

encourage drivers to stay in a race.

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by clos2727, Sep 29, 2016.

1. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

We have to come up with a system to encourage drivers who enter the race to want to stay and finish.

Too many times, we start with 10+ cars and end up with just four by the end.

Drivers who do this. Please consider the etiquette of the race.

A system that give you a percentage for races entered vs finished. Maybe labelled "race etiquette."

This will help when we create private lobbies. We can set the percentage as to what drivers are allowed to enter a race.

But that it should not affect new racer.
    IE a new driver would be 0 for 0 his race Etiquette percentage by default would be 100% percent.

Also how about unlockable vehicles for races finished online.
    This would increase online races and encourage drivers to finish.

For example if I have a 100 finished races and my Etiquette percentage is above 60% I would be able to unlock a vehicle of my choice.

Anyway this is just an idea. What do you guys think?

What are your thoughts/ or ideas.
    Their are always problems with new ideas. So please leave you inputs.

Drivers who leave a race.
    Use this time to learn the track. Better your time. Without hindering the quality of the race.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FPR - ACC League Racing -[PC] Sundays 19:00GMT NOVICE DRIVERS ENCOURAGED. Feb 27, 2021
    Chit Chat Room An encouragement for people offering servers, and some questions: Dec 8, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI skills of BWM Drivers Apr 6, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer SA CP server kicking all drivers Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Tools PitSync - The FREE livery sharing platform for ACC Leagues and Drivers Nov 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XSX XSS Drivers can you race GT3 Wednesday's and Sunday's? Nov 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DRIVERS LIMIT ON ONLINE SERVER Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC User Interface How to change the name of the team drivers [mid-race] Jul 17, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers kick all drivers Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers kick all drivers Mar 26, 2022

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I think since the single-player aspect does not have a vehicle unlock system then that would not be a good approach to reward online play. I agree some sort of reward related to a driver rating would be beneficial though. Something like additional liveries for example would be good. Plenty of us like collecting gun camo in Battlefield for example.

clos2727 likes this.
  4. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Thats a great idea, maybe some rim or paint options to pick from, to name a few.

Horus likes this.
  5. FabTor79

FabTor79 Rookie

I'm facing exactly the same behavior. Starting a race with 16 opponents and terminate with half or less than half of them. Most of them left the race after a big crash at first corners. From my point of view, this should be prevent first of all. People that act as "crazy" drivers or simply drive in an unfair mode, should be marked somehow in a negative way. In addition about the Etiquette, for my point of view statistics related to number of race joined and left should be added and prevent access to online race for those people which have an high percentage of "abbandoned race". This percentage can descrease after specific time interval (for example every day or every week) in order to permit people to rejoin online race.

This maybe can encourage drivers to stay in the race and play in a fair way.

6. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I have found that the lack of track change/rotation is one of the biggest causes of player attrition in the lobbies - if you are going to leave the lobby anyway, why not leave when/if, stress on the when, u get hit.... ? I do agree that etiquette should be linked with some sort of player level but at present the format of MP is largely to blame and would corrupt the true statistics - and what about disconns.....?

7. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I think it would be slot harder to penalize, " crazy drivers" their are too many factors that can cause an accident. Lag, lack of knowing the track, or just a mistake. By doing the percentage state over time you will know who the good driver are. And limit the crazy drivers of entering a room.

I do agree though that over time the stat percentage will go down. So maybe a 20% increase every week to give people a chance to get back in a private lobby with set percentage.

Keep in mind, the private lobby rating would be set by the host. From no percentage required to 70% host choice.
    And public libraries would range as well.

But like I said before we need to have some sort incentive to encourage drivers to finish.

Livery option is a great idea.
    Rims package,
    Paint chips. Lol

8. EMW SMILER

You talk about private lobbies as if it's definite we will get them. Do you know something I don't? (We are investigating the options - something like that was the last I heard...)

9. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Lol, it's only a matter of time before they do, else it will get old quickly. The main reason servers are empty is because lack thereof.

EMW SMILER likes this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hey guys,

I own a PS4 too, but play AC on PC.
    It´s the exact same behavior we see on PC public servers, and it´s been so on any sim I can remember. What happens is, that those who want to learn and get better, they will stay. The rest will drop out anytime things doesn´t go their way, and sadly for this kind of game, this is the majority of the gamers out there.
    Is there any other racinggame on PS4 that has better etiquette among players? I think no, but I don´t know for sure. What sometimes works is when games has matchmaking, which usually fails anyway in most competitive online games that I know of. So it´s really down to getting used to how public servers just...are.
    I hope consoles gets private lobbies, maybe even a ranking/grade system like we have as a mod on pc.
    I don´t know how PS4 lobbies work in AC, but if possible, the best way would be starting to add good drivers you find as friends, then invite them anytime you´re online and hope they join.

cheers

Horus and clos2727 like this.
  11. EMW SMILER

Lol, it's only a matter of time before they do, else it will get old quickly. The main reason servers are empty is because lack thereof.
    Going to be a bit longer then .... (patch released on PS4)

clos2727 likes this.
  12. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Patchvwas just released? Really? Lol.

13. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

Wow at a whopping 2+ gb