1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Enhanced understeer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by gcflora, Oct 11, 2015.

1. gcflora

gcflora Racer

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find an answer. What is the new "Enhanced Understeer Effect" option that can be seen in the controller settings section (in-game)?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Enhanced understeer effect option, please? May 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals V0.7 New enhanced understeer ff effect way too much Apr 6, 2019
    ACC Physics V0.7 New enhanced understeer effect way too much Apr 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Adjust "Enhanced Understeer" Setting Nov 23, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Enhanced understeer effect Nov 9, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Things we would like to see added or enhanced in ACC (not a bug compliant thread) Jun 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Where is Multiplayer (Enhanced)? Jan 16, 2019
    Suggestions Control on Enhanced undeersteer May 15, 2017
    Console Lounge PS4 PRO enhanced? Oct 14, 2016
    General modding discussion Daubster's enhanced graphics. Sep 30, 2014
    Suggestions Enhanced and fully adjustable head movement. Jan 25, 2014
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Understeer Effect Jul 4, 2020
    ACC Physics Fix understeer on Lexus Apr 8, 2020

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

You get a very obvious drop in ffb force when you are under steering to know you are steering too hard, nice feature and should satisfy those who were complaining throughout 1.2 about ffb being worse

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Andrew_WOT, esox71 and gcflora like this.
  4. gcflora

gcflora Racer

@ears1991: I gave it a go but because I was testing quite possibly I was not "at the limit" and didn't notice anything. I'll turn it back on and do some real laps :)

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Maybe varies from car to car but when I tried it in laferrari or 458 it was very communicative, still I disabled it as it feels a bit like cheating and the tyre sound (also tweaked to be less cheating) gives plenty of info

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

Does anyone else like/use this "enhanced under steer effect" feature?

This enhanced under steer effect only seems to work with cars that have the new tyre model, which I don't think all of assetto corsas official cars have? Either way, I'm running this checked, and it's awesome! A big change as this understeer effect wasn't evident in quite a lot of cars pre 1.3.

ears1991 likes this.
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

Love it!

Minolin likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

I kinda enjoyed 1.2 much more then 1.3 FFB wise. I read somewhere that setting 20 slip-effect and enhanced understeer helps and is kinda better.
    Still it doesn't feels as exciting to drive the GT's somehow. :(

9. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

Exactly the opposite. Prior to 1.3 update driving in AC seemed boring to me and right now I really enjoy it - the cars finally feel alive and communicative :), but I wasn't using any additional FFB effects and I'm not using the enhanced understeer.

eXo, Ozcanuck55, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  10. I'd like it, but if it wasn't anything like as strong - if I enable it then my non-understeering FF load goes up too much.

11. Holy shiz. Let me tell you. Yesterday I was driving my E30 to work. It was raining. I came upon the corner I can usually take a bit hard. I went into it and it under steered and the wheel got lighter. I said to myself, "WTF? Why have I not felt this in AC?!!?!?! Oh yes, they recently came out with the 'Enhanced Under steer Effect.' I must try that!"

So I did, and it was fantastic. As others have mentioned it is a bit too much force loss. If it could be adjusted by the user that would be great. I would reduce it by 50%. I believe this is part of the problem I have had when drifting. When I tried to drift I had to fight the wheel to turn into the direction of travel which should not be the case at all. Front wheels should automatically align in direction of travel.

But again, love it!

But, question. WTH is it called "Enhanced"?!?! I don't feel the wheel get ANY LIGHTER in an under steer condition without it enabled. Shouldn't we be getting that feeling without it enabled if it is an "Enhanced" option?

G27 Wheel

Tberg and esox71 like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I tried it and loved it first. Feeling under steer through the wheel at last like I used to in GTR 2 was quit enjoyable.
    Then I realized I lost all information on weight transfer and grip. I cursed update 1.3 for that. Turning off that feature again brought back what I call now the most informative FFB in sim racing.
    I would like a bit of under steer weight loss added to that though. Would be nice. But for now I'd rather go without.

Tberg and marty73 like this.
  13. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Yup. I think it feels great and something you get in real life that you normally don't get in a sim. Not sure why people think it's cheating if you get that feedback in a real car.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's mostly a matter of pneumatic trail (which drops as you go to understeer - actual strength of effect depends on its magnitude vs. mechanical trail) but a little bit loss of grip. I remember feeling it strongly in previous versions of AC but the cars all oversteer so much now that I don't really get into understeer situations. Now that I'm looking for it though, it's definitely gone... strange.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Try the Lotus Elise. It used to be an oversteer pig. Now it's like the journalists described it. You have to flick it to provoke oversteer at corner entry. No natural leaning to the apex behavior like in previous versions. I had a very hard time to relearn my precious Elise post 1.3.

LeDude83, Seria17hri11er and victor86 like this.
  16. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

As it was mentioned, a slider would be nice. I'd go for 50% also.

Seria17hri11er and esox71 like this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You refer to that under steer thingy?

18. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Can´t say I liked it. Had a short go only with this one in the GT86, but it didn´t seem very realistic to me. On the other hand, I rarely get real understeering, when I drive in real life (Mostly do Motorcycles, so that´s not for the worst...)

19. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Since the enhanced understeer effect came out, I've used it since. Love it. Maybe not the most perfect in some cars, but now I'm finding the bite much better and have improved my laptimes by about a second on average.
    A slider for this would be very nice, especially for newer cars. In some cars, even with the option I still feel it's not enough (but only some older cars). Seems like a rework of the global FFB is in order to remedy this, to make it more authentic to each car. It's nice having the option, but it's better when the option enhances each car individually, as to match the dramatic-ness of some cars, while others not.

Dean Ogurek and Seria17hri11er like this.
  20. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

I love these options. We don't have perfect FFB wheels and no game/sim has even near perfect physics and FFB so we need to be able to customize these feelings in my opinion unlike we're able to do on some other games (ahem, RF2).

Seria17hri11er and LeDude83 like this.
  21. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, customization is key to good Sim-design IMO. KS has done a good job satisfying most people with FFB IMO, and that's no small task.

The additional FFB options available with something like SC4 is great to have too; the added adjust-ability in some titles would amaze most people. Of course, the flip-side of that is that it can also confuse the uninitiated into a quivering glob of goo; refer to Pcars FFB settings as an example.:)

Seria17hri11er, ears1991 and Spinelli like this.