1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Evora owner feedback

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Frank Herfjord, Dec 6, 2013.

1. The simulated version of the Evora is excellent! Just amazing that it feels very close to driving my real car. Mine is a modified NA and not an S so they can't be compared 1:1 but I do have some thoughts.

1: It seems the simulated car can hit the rev limiter in 5th gear. That is not possible in the real car, you hit top speed before you hit the rev limiter. 6th gear is overdrive only.

2: the centre of gravity seems very slightly too far back. I may be wrong but the sim car seems just a little bit more unstable than my real one if I brake too late into maggots for instance.

3: The rearview mirror gives too good a view. You have to sit at the absolute perfect angle to have the rear window fill the rearview mirror and you have a very low FOV. So when a car is close to you, you see only a small section of the following car.

4: There should be more "stuff going on" in the cockpit at very high speeds. At 230km/h and above, there is obvious wind noise and the cabin starts shaking a little bit. It's too calm in the sim.

5: the red display on the right side of the steering wheel should show alternative speed, not the same speed as the regular speedometer. So for a metric speedometer such as the one modeled in the sim, the red display should show mph.

6: the data overview for the car has incorrect figures. 0-100 is 4,6 seconds and weight is 1437kg for the S version.

7: the setup screen gives an option for semi slicks. But the evora uses 19" rear wheels that have no available semi slick tyres. So if you do offer semi slicks in the sim I think you should also model the 18" forged wheels from Lotus Racing to go with them (since it's not possible to put semi slicks on the rims you have modeled in the real world right now)

Nitpicking for sure but hey, your version is almost perfect already so there's not much to put the finger on!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge WHL 181 Evora Ever After May 30, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE Strange Behaviour Mar 1, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evora S shift lights Feb 22, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Evora GTE + Carbon different sounds levels Oct 27, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions BUG - Lotus Evora GTC Upshifting Sep 4, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evora S - coloured "artifacts" in headlights Aug 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE side windows are darker than windscreen Aug 14, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora S Rim Logo LF mirrored Aug 10, 2016
    General modding discussion Evora S blurred rim template Aug 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTE (carbon) stitching on seat + no shading on interior + rim colouring Aug 10, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Lotus Evora GTC external sounds too low Aug 5, 2016
    Suggestions ~GT4 Step version for the Evora GX Jul 18, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues minor error Lotus Evora GX Jun 7, 2016
    Screens & Videos Lotus Evora GX Cup May 17, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus evora tire temperature May 17, 2016

3. Thank you for your input :)

4. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

By far it seems the best lotus if the game, much more neutral than the others especially in corner exit.. or at least it fits better my driving style. I like it

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

5. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Very nice feedback!
    Maybe guys put 0-60mph (4.4s) instead of 0-100 (4.6s) result? TBH the data section should be corrected at one point - I found there many mistakes (or differences - especially in weights of the cars - sometimes it's almost dry, sometimes it looks like fully loaded+driver etc.)
    Btw. do you have naturaly aspired or turbocharged engine? Maybe that has something to do with the rev limiter?

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Maybe your model has the "standard" gearbox that is discontinued from 2012 and not available anymore in the Evora S model that has the "close ratio" one.
    More info here: http://wiki.seloc.org/a/2GR-FE_Gearboxes#Gear_Ratios

Could be because of a various of reasons. We put the data Lotus give us for sure. Also consider the weight of the supercharger, the inertia of the bigger wheels, the fact that silverstone overheat tyres particularly easy because of the fast bends etc etc... I'll have a look for sure.

Game graphics performance, gameplay (less visual range in a monitor) choice for multi and AI later compromises, etc.

There's always room for improvement, but I think we did a pretty cool job with the Evora engine sound :)

Interesting info, not sure how it works on euro vs uk cars, I'll double check and see.

The 0-100 is a typo, my bad, I'll correct it. But the car does properly 4.6 in the sim if you measure it. Regarding the weight, again the official data arrive from the manufacturer... we might go a bit higher or lower if we have certain data about a car ;) , but officially we need to write the official licensor data.

Well we can't change graphically the tyres and rims on the car. Physically though we can do whatever we want. If we wanted to put semislick tyres on the evora, there are solutions in both 19" and 20". The fronts can be equal, the rears might need a bit different size or go down to 19". We simulate it properly in terms of physics values with a 295/30/19 semislick tyre.

7. You're right I don't have the sports ratio gearbox!

And you're probably right about the balance as well. The S is 70kg heavier which translates to almost 5% more weight on the rear axles.

If you go to www.lotuscars.com you will see that Lotus does in deed list it as 1437kg. The numbers you have in sim look like they must be the 0-100 and weight listings of the NA automatic.

Another thing that's been talked about here and there is the throttle response. This summer, I had an ECU problem that limited me to 15% throttle input. I was still able to get up to 110km/h on the freeway after loooong acceleration, but this is impossible in the sim. Since the S has more torque, I'd expect it to be able to do at least 130.

Not sure about the sound because I have a different intake and exhaust so there's much more of a roar in mine. But judging from excellent the sound in the Exige Scura, I have no problem believing the Evora S is accurate as well. But there's seems to be a bit too little wind noise at high speed.

Fantastic job!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Cote Dazur and xystof like this.
  8. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Excellent to hear personal reviews/comparisons like this! :)

9. That would not work in the real car. There is danger of rubbing with more than 245 in front with the stock suspension. You should model 245 front and 275 rear.

10. Aristotelis

11. Right we're on the same page then. Advan AD08s is what I was planning to order myself next so we're definitely on the same page :p They're not proper semislicks as in R compound though. The treadwear is somewhere between stock Pirellis and A048s.

12. Aristotelis

well yeah the truth is that the line is getting more and more blurred between actual "once upon a time" semislicks and superhigh performance street tyres
    Also on the superior category of hypercars, their "street" tyres are almost hard slicks tyres with some tread...

it's getting blurry...poor me :D

Frank Herfjord likes this.
  13. Well it sure sounds like you guys have great attention to detail!

Now somebody tell me how I can mod the damned thing to take away 29lbs torque, 45hp, 54kg off the back and change the 4th and 5th gears to match mine :p

Cote Dazur likes this.
  14. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

you sadly can't. The cars made by Kunos are locked and not availabe for modding, due too licencing.

15. booo... but understandable I guess. But, I swear I saw someone at least change the colours of the interiors? It'd be nice to edit it to match the colours of my car.