1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Excellent AC Guide Here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by C3PO, Jan 3, 2014.

1. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Collisions are now excellent! Mar 21, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Driver University - excellent resource Jun 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room found some excellent race driving tutorials (Youtube) Apr 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Take a Look at Every Le Mans-Winning Porsche in One Excellent GIF Jun 17, 2016
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Kyalami | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Leo Sousa - Hotlaps, Setups, Track Guide, Prime Skins, Coaching and Tips Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Paul Ricard | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Nov 4, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How to gain good rep in ACC (Beginners Guide) Nov 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Where can I find a guide to the multiplayer server listings? Aug 1, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 11, 2021

3. Good stuff. Would save some time for devs in the forums to Sticky that guide.

4. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

It boosted my triple screen FPS from 40 to 60 :)

5. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Chris, I had a single GTX680 before my 780, and could maintain 60 fps no problem with most settings high and triples. I'll message you.

6. Bean0

Bean0 Gamer

Just wondering about the reference to the FOV calculator.

Doesn't AC use vertical FOV and pCARS horizontal ?

remingtonh likes this.
  7. HackMac

HackMac Racer

Its a good Guide indeed.
    And yes the only issue is that they think AC uses horizontal FOV like pCARS.
    As I learned a whole ago this is not true, it's vertical like rFactor.
    This tool can be used for the correct calculation.
    http://mrpix.org/rF2/fov/index.php?m=1

Lawndart and MrPix like this.
  8. There is somewhere an official note about vertical or horizontal fov? I rly need to know...:confused:
    With my 27" monitor is impossible to play with 27°fov(rF2)...with 43°(pCars)its drivable...sry for bad english

9. Jacka

Jacka Simracer

Excellent guide, thanks for the heads up.

10. Petercheese

Petercheese Gamer

Same thing with me, with a single monitor, it just doesn't seem right, maybe with a triple set up.

Same size monitor, I'm usually between 26-36 inches away which gives me(28.6 to 20.8 fov) which just feels impossible to drive.

11. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

Thanks for pointing this out, very handy guide :)

12. HackMac

HackMac Racer

I have no official source. But we are sure that it is vertical.
    I did some exact measurement/comparison to pCARS to make sure.

I find the best setup is with a projector, since there are no bezels and more to see vertically with the correct FOV and everything is sized and distanced as in real life.
    In this thread is my superFOV setup and a more professional one.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...v-immersive-display-settings.3331/#post-31192

abc.d, rayan210 and Kristaps like this.
  13. With a single monitor and using what is supposed to be the "correct" FOV it feels like I am driving with my nose against the windshield...Not immersive, not realistic, and not going to happen. For me 55 to 65 feels and works fine.
    Very nice having all that info in one place with the guide.

14. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Very useful guide... Thanks

15. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

I also use a 55 to 65 degree FOV for single screen. Just looks more natural.

stone7752 likes this.
  16. great! looking forward to part 2!

17. antz360

antz360 Gamer

Yeah you have to factor in that while a 1:1 fov might be more realistic, it'll be like driving a car looking at a single screen monitor akak tunnel vission, which is why a wider fov is nicer.

stone7752 likes this.
  18. mohrxe

mohrxe Rookie

Excellent guide ! Perfect for my first tests.

19. remingtonh

remingtonh Rookie

I completely agree with this. I play a 21.5" monitor about 24" and using the pcars 43 FOV and am getting my best lap times. I tried at the rFactor 24.8 (and upped it by 5 to 30, per the article suggestion) and couldn't play it either way. I would need to see an official statement that it's vertical, otherwise I'm going to trust the article that it's horizontal.

Regardless, like you said, 24.8 degrees is not going to happen.

edit: to anyone who insists it's vertical, I've scoured the internet and the only sources indicating it's vertical are random forum posts like the ones in here.

stone7752 likes this.
  20. remingtonh

remingtonh Rookie

A follow up to my previous post, I didn't see an edit button.

Damn. I gave 30 degrees FOV another shot, but this time I took it slow and acclimated to the new perspective, and I achieved a new personal best lap time, and it actually feels OK. I also continued to consistently hit or exceed my previous best time.

I don't know what to believe anymore, but I'll continue with 30 degrees and see how it goes.

21. I have a 29" ultra wide 21:9 monitor; I got used to 30 FOV and now it's the only setting I can drive with.