1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F458 TC levels

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Big Engine, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

I have a question about the tracion control levels of the f458 italia. I just drifted it a little around silverstone whit the street tyres and I tried to play a little bit with the TC. What I notice is that is easier to spin the tyres using the level 4 than with level 1. Untill now I was sure that level 1 was the lower setting of the TC (where it cuts the less power) while the lever 4 was the max setting (the one that in theory you are using in regular street driving). Can someone explain me how the levels are working?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Shift leds F458 GT2 Mar 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Setup help - F458 GT2 - Monza..... Jun 15, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues F458 GT2 shift lights - definitely not right..... Jun 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari f458-gt2 rpm leds limits Nov 24, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues F458 s3 ai brake issue Aug 14, 2015
    Liveries Ferrari f458 s3 - asia pacific challenge - ital auto Jul 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why no gt3 f458? Jun 13, 2015
    Liveries F458 gt2 ferrari team ukraine Jan 26, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues F458 gt2 - abs bug Jan 7, 2015
    Liveries Jmw motorsport ferrari f458 italia gtc lms 2011 paul ricard and spa livery Nov 12, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues F458 gt2 shift lights trouble Nov 7, 2014
    Liveries Looking for help to make f458 italia gt2 2011 season Nov 7, 2014
    Screens & Videos Nordschleife in a ferrari f458 s3 in under 7:00.000 Sep 24, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Wall at nurburgring in f458 s3 Jul 27, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues F458 canned drive-train resonance? Jul 18, 2014

3. vektro

vektro Racer

The levels work exactly opposite to what you thought they would ;)
    Level 4 is the lowest level, i.e. allows for most wheelspin. Level 1 is the most invasive level.

Robin_NL and Big Engine like this.
  4. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Thx a lot. Maybe in the future we will have the real names of the levels like the ones on the ferrari's manettino!

5. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

So with for example the 12c GT3 which has 11 steps IIRC, is that 10% increments of TC?

6. Mmm....no..... 11 x 10 = 110....... more like increments of 9% ;)

7. marlo0081

lol! i meant 9, lordy knows why i typed 10. I didn't know they had that level of TC control, I guess I'd presumed a small amount for launches and the rest down to driver skill.

8. Yeah....TC is a big part of racing nowadays.... SRT spend a big chunk of the 2013 off season developing the traction control for their GTS-R GTE car ;)

9. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

If I'm not wrong the cars with a ton of Tc settings have some levels dedicated to wet racing. In any case as I wrote in my previous post it will be nice in the future to have some more level description that the only level. As much as is would be great to be able to set the Tc and ABS from the setup screen

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

i have read that GT3 cars drive in rain with level 4 from 10.
    Level 10 is for dry track and Level 1 would be for aquaplaning ^^

11. One of the MP4-12C GT3 drivers said that with their setup, they usually use level 5 as a starting point on a dry track.....

12. marlo0081

Seems bizarre to have TC on those big heavy cars, but banned in F1. Not saying F1 should have TC again, quite the opposite, more curious as to the need in GT3

13. Because GT3 is usually a pro-am class..... it reduces the chances of the rich guys crashing ;)

mangal and marlo0081 like this.
  14. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Haha, pretty much true :D
    ~Bailey

15. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

F1 cars dont need TC as they have unbelievable high grip compared to GT3^^
    Even the Exos S1 is a joke compared to the Red Bull 2013.
    The Red Bull had even TC due engine mapping, you could hear it in Singapure 2013 for the first time.

@mclarenf1papa ok maybe i am wrong, just have read something with level 10 for dry track..