1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F5 and F6 camera's: internal/external sound switch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Darkone55, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Darkone55

Darkone55 Gamer

With a recent update the sound on the F5 and F6 cams got changed from internal to external. I'm not a fan of this, since they're basically onboard camera's, so you would expect internal sounds. But I guess some people prefer external sounds.

I often use F5 to make a custom onboard camera, since I can change the FOV that way and I would love to be able to have internal sounds, since they give so much more detail.

Is it possible to make a switch like the bonnet and bumper cams have? Thanks.

Andy-R likes this.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

agree. pretty please Kunos!

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

You can already do that using the audio app.

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

does it work with f5 cam now? I know f6 cam was included in that app but before f5 was external audio only... and as op said it follows the car so is mostly going to be positioned on or in the car.

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ops sorry, yes it is like that because someone said "we need this!". :D
    Will forward this to the devs, but I can't promise it will change.

Darkone55 and Andy-R like this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

7. Darkone55

Darkone55 Gamer

Wait, so I should be able to set the sound to internal for F6 already? This is what it looks like for me: http://i.imgur.com/x6b3LpT.jpg Even with both Bonnet and Bumper set to Internal, I still only hear the external sound for the F6 cam? Am I missing something?

@ACS Support, thanks for forwarding it to the devs. I know how it is, someone screams 'we need this' and you change it and then others will say 'why did you change that?!'.. Ye..

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

wrong app. its called camera editor or something.

regarding people being annoyed it changed... they could still set it to external (so same as now)
    it would be a little odd for a car mounted camera (and the best one at that... its fully customizable) to not have this option.

imo the best way to capture a race in AC with default options is to set 1 f6 cam facing forwards or backwards and f5 facing opposite. often f5 cam is near parcel shelf or passenger seat for me 75% of time inside the car.

fingers crossed for a f5 option in the app

9. Darkone55

Darkone55 Gamer

Ah I found the right app, that's awesome, thanks! The only thing is that even though I clicked 'save cameras' many times, the camera's are not being saved, is this correct? Or is there a way to save the camera settings? Same for the audio app by the way. Each time I quit and load a session the bumper switches back to external..?

EDIT: also, 'set' doesn't seem to do anything?

Andy-R and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

are you using a mod car? from memory, the vanilla cars have it preset as it should be (internal f6 cams have internal sounds, external f6 cams have external sounds) and if i click the external/internal buttons it switches between the 2. i dont know about it saving between sessions, i never checked that. im pretty sure the audio settings are remembered for me though (i could be wrong) if so it could be an issue relating to bumper cam as i use the cockpit cam view.

11. Darkone55

Darkone55 Gamer

I tried with the Formula Abarth, so no mod. F6 uses external sounds by default for me. I'd love to save the camera settings though, even if it's just the FOV settings..

Andy-R likes this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

maybe it is only cars that were added after the feature was released that have sounds preset correctly for each f6 cam

13. Muffin 2

Muffin 2 Gamer

Bump, would love to have a toggle for internal and external sounds for the F5 Camera, like the op, I also used to use the f5 camera for onboard shots and its much better with the internal sounds! Just doesn't work with the external sounds.

Andy-R likes this.