1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Female driver

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Leonardo Ratafia, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Hi, I wonder why there's no female driver model, I know the game is not meant to create and use a driver profile (like it should, that you could select your suite, helmet and gloves, but that's why is still have lfs around)

Well that was it, female driver.

Cheers

Sent using Tapatalk

MAUZERIS[LT] and kingdomblues like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Driver Customisation - How to select the female driver model? May 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room This Female Driver Just Made American Racing History Oct 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Men: 28,341 Females: 1 May 4, 2014
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to show the team name in the driver list Dec 31, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Codriver Server is up again. Nov 24, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating - differences between driver statistics and ingame Sep 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Limited tracktime / driver Jul 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX Series X - driver swaps May 24, 2023

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

If there's gotta be women, I rather see grid girls :p

Patcha and grandepunto like this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Thought about it previously too, it would be nice to see - but then again there isn't a lot of visual difference between men and women in race overalls with helmet. I like the idea of creating your own race driver and being able to choose your apparel btw. Not a very high priority feature for a race simulator but it'd be a nice thing to add in the future.

sacredaardvark and Horus like this.
  5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Good idea. There used to be male / female drivers in 1nsane (Invictus).

But no grid girls, please :confused:

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Well there is a bit of a difference.

[​IMG]
    She might be wearing eye liner and she smells nicer (IMHO). :)

P.S. To be honest if there was a female driver model, I would chose it over a male. Always have when in any game that I have the choice. As it stands it makes very little difference once you start driving.

I.R.Brainiac likes this.
  7. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Obvious patriarchy and my-soggy-knee at work here. /s

Never saw the point of a driver model tbh, always turn it off because the animations (in every sim) are more often than not just plain goofy as hell. Maybe in VR it'd make a difference for all them ladies that use AC. Would much rather have driver model whose gear can be fully customizable so that you have drivers wearing period appropriate garb or whatever you desire than another basic female model. Then I'd use it for sure. :p

alex72, PuffTheMagicBelgian and Horus like this.
  8. Even fifa came out with female models (female teams)

Live for speed has it, but no body carew about the game, now that people care about ac they just missed the opportunity. It probably won't get more sales, but if there were no lotus cars sales would be the same I guess. Lol

Sent using Tapatalk

9. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Noooo, having just done a long work on the setbelts for a modded car (that should be updated in the near future), I see potential problems depending on the size of.... (ehemmm you know what I'm referring to :p)
    If a female driver could be used, I think I should totally rework that setabelts or there will be for sure "interference" when setbelts are ON.... and remembering what a pain was to find the right compromise to make that seatbelts look right, I really don't want to start working again on it.... :confused:

Joke apart, as Epistolarius pointed, at the moment you cannot have different driver model for different "skin", so that if modder should choose to model a female driver for his car, every driver with that car will be female.
    The same is for the helmet, if the modder chose an Arai helmet for his car, all drivers with that car will wear an Arai helmet. And I agree with him that visual differencies are really that little when sitting in a car with helmet and racing suits.

As pointed in Horus post, assuming to use clear visor, the main difference is seen in the eyes, but there I think we should be able to do something already now. I didn't tested, but I think that replacing the face texture should work per skin basis. I personally made a "female" driver for my little daughter, but I only personalized his helmet with some Elsa of Frozen pictures :D, didn't tested if changing the face texture was working, mainly because I made for her a Blue iridescent visor..... ;)

Any way, even if I prefer the racing aspect in this kind of simulators, female (but also male) driver without helmet and wearing normal suitswhen driving "normal cars" could be a nice addition for someone , especially if in the future we could be able to choose different driver model "per skin" instead that "per car". :p:D

Horus likes this.
  10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Basically that. I always race with my visor down so don't care about black eyeline.
    Thanks.

11. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

12. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

You made visually evidence of the "probelm" I was describing only in words:

Ahahhahha :D:D:Do_O

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I can see the truly hardcore picking females drivers because in theory they should be 10-20 kilograms lighter.

sacredaardvark, @xel and Jaood like this.