1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FFB clipping early!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tommi karsikas, May 29, 2014.

1. Many of the cars have a problem that FFB feels really light and increasing overall gain is not an option because of imminent clipping issue.
    Using dampening from drivers/ingame numbs the fine details in FFB, so thats out of the question for extra wheel weight.

What is the particular reason that the FFB clips so early in relation to the FFB overall strenght?

Is there going to be more indepth FFB settings within the controller.ini files that would for example effect the steering torque output (min and max values).

Backmarker likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G25 FFB showing Red on HUD, clipping? Oct 19, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche Macan Turbo ffb clipping too much Dec 20, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues How to use current ffb clipping app? Aug 11, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G25 ffb less strong before clipping relative to nkp,r3e,rf2,lfs,iracing,gsc May 22, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Driving force gt, ffb clipping Sep 3, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues FFB clipping before gain is applied? Feb 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room FFB and clipping questions Nov 15, 2013
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues BMW E30 FFB clipping wrong? Nov 9, 2013
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec CSL DD FFB May 12, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023

3. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Jeez I just want default wheel specific FFB setting...Like if you have G27 your FFB will be so on and so forth for each car appropriate FFB...Different setting for different wheels, would make like easy...Otherwise I don't know...It's annoying that you have to adjust every single setting in game to make it feel right for you...I just want it to feel real. :D

4. Do you mean car specific FFB multiplier? Cause I'm all for that.
    Unless you mean that the wheel profiles should get adjustments to them selves to accommodate the specific wheels better?
    I dont see why that wouldnt happen when the AC physics/FFB gets fine tuned over time.

Backmarker likes this.
  5. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Kunos is making the best FFB in the business, period !

A real car feels pretty light at the steering wheel ( Power steering ) but you can feel the details of the road just fine. Kunos has got it very good and realistic with this IMO.

IMO it's awesome and every car feels different and not the same in every car like in other sims.

Driving the F40 ( Or any other "non power steering" cars ) for example, feels much heavier than if you're driving a car with power steering.

A slight clipping in corners is normal as long as it isn't constantly showing red in the pedal App.

Kunos has wisely avoided car specific FFB and the reason is probably because they want the cars to actually feel different from each other.

IMO -The global FFB settings is working great and I'm loving every bit of it.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  6. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Sure the effects is far and beyond any other sim I have played...But you need muscles to for example exit a drift. and there is more than one place where the FF is generaly too strong. and if you dum the settings down it don't feel that great anymore...

7. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Maybe it's time to book a session at the local workout center :D

For drifting I just set the drift parameter on +1 on my CSW and it works superbly :D

Emin likes this.
  8. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I'm pretty beef guy. :D Probably the difference is in the wheels, I got logitech, you got money. :D

9. So no actual info, or even slightest idea what I'm talking about... o_O

Next!

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Same problem here.
    With wheel settings on my signature , i have strong and good FFB with great control and feedback from tarmac and physics BUT , when oversteering , you need to apply huge force in order to return quickly the wheel to center position.

When i lower FFB , this force is much lower but i loose information and feeling.

I simply cannot find a perfect combination between those situations.

Any suggestions?

11. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Sure ! How much you want ? :D

I used the GT3 RS V2 before ( Still have it ! ) and it is still pretty good but the CSW is just about the same feel as my real car.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  12. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Just buy a Fanatec CSW and a couple of rims and everything will start to make sense :D

13. I think there is a "Min. force" setting coming for AC too. Pretty sure I've seen Aris speaking about it. Also it would be great if we would have an option to set gain separately for every car. Not a big thing for Fanatec users (like me) because its easy to change the strenght of FFB from the wheel but would be a lot easier for others.

14. Yeah T500 not having profiler in driver side is annoing, depending on game obviously.
    The car spesific gain would make life little easier, and having more indepth FFB parameters in the controller file would help fine tune it per wheel.
    Obviously that kind of piddling isnt for everyone.

I am not unhappy with the FFB in AC, I think its great. All I wish is that I would get to use more torque out of the wheel before clipping starts to happen.

15. You need a wheel that can produce more torque then.....or if you really want the wheel to produce more torque before clipping then you will have to find profiler settings that give a more saturated non-linear FFB response, but this will bring other issues with it.

16. I know, and I know.

I've been testing rF2 FFB alot lately since it has quite extensive parameters that can be adjusted.
    The amount of torque that this wheel can produce (T500RS 1.38kg * 0.45m = 6.0Nm, Overall Strenght set at 60%, anything after that doesnt effect the maximum torque.) is not the problem, rF2, GameStockCar2013, rF1, allows quite more power to be used before any kind of clipping becomes an issue, than AC.

I know alot of this has to do with cars that have potential power steering in AC, and how they have been modeled might be the answer, I dont know, but even with power steering, the steering is too light in many of them with the gain set to the borderline of clipping.
    What I do know is that there is alot more that T500 can give before it becomes a hardware side issue (motor running out of power).

17. That's because it's a frame rate displayer and nothing to do with FFB.

18. Oops wrong link...

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ffb-graph-my-first-app.319/

FFB displayer versus Pedals app, which one is actually correct, cause they dont match in all occasions?

PS. After some testing I think the Pedals app is not sensitive enough, you can actually feel lack of feedback before it starts to show clipping. I know that devs have tested this FFB Displayer app them selves, would be nice to know is it just the way they have been made that makes the difference (encrypted data?), or is the Pedals app actually giving false info?

Last edited: May 31, 2014