1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

(for dev) x360 controller - issue/suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tactical_Force, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Dear Developers,

This probably has been mentioned before as the controllers in game goes more then 90 degrees to left/right which is making it difficult for controller/keyboard users to really play the game. What I suggest is simple, create something in assists to help controller/keyboard users have better control over the vehicle by simply making a dynamic steering assist in what this does should limit how much the steering wheel can turn when the controller user tries to take a corner. It's easy for people who uses a wheel because they have full control of their movement, as for controller users such as myself it's difficult to try to even give the right amount of movement through a corner and your thumb is a-lot faster compared to players that use the proper wheel & pedals set-up and would be pretty ignorant to suggest that they buy wheel & pedals as most of us don't have that kind of money to buy that.

I really suggest that developers take their time to read through this and think of a way to help us controller/keyboard users have a better play experience in Assetto Corsa. I think otherwise you may lose most of your player base because they can't simply play the game without getting aggravated and end up feeling that they wasn't care for when the game was developed. The main reason why these users that came over to play Assetto corsa are usually players that have played Gran Turismo or Forza and was hoping they can get the same experience in Assetto Corsa. You should really think about this problem/suggestion through developers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge A little better graphics (For Dev) Sep 28, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions CP Calendar (for PS4) Mar 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze problem solved (for me) - Solution inside Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW 2.5 McLaren Wheel - 12 way multiposition switch (for traction control) not working Oct 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for clarification (for DEVELOPERS) Jun 16, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Record gameplay using VR fixed (For windows mixed Reality and openvr) May 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer 0.6+ Multiplayer server configuration (for server admins) Feb 5, 2019
    Suggestions Limit plus/minus control (for ERS, TC, etc) at their maximum value Jul 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room I've got to do a test for my confidence? (for making video's) May 13, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound v1.5 (Ford Mustang) Apr 2, 2016
    Suggestions Smaller driver size (for open wheel) Jan 24, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Alternative keybind for the gear (for the wheels!) Oct 19, 2015
    Sounds modding Lamborghini aventador sound (for murcielago) Sep 27, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server suggestions (for racing on) Sep 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room F40 vs ruf: which is faster (for you)? May 13, 2015

3. friiky2

friiky2 Gamer

Basically what Forza does is a good Speed Sensitivity + A relatively slow steering speed + a fixed value for gamma.

Give the gamepad settings in my signature a try... I played a lot of forza and I am able to get good laptimes with this settings. I set the steering speed a bit faster then i remembered from forza, because this way I am able to get a better feeling for countersteering.

4. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Forza really does have it's controller steering done properly, but there's one thing that has always annoyed me about it. It feels perfect until you hit like 70% and then suddenly adds a load more lock. It's progressive until that point and then I have to choose max available lock or like 70% of available lock.

5. I'll give your guide a shot to see if I can manage to get the right settings for it. I think there should be a way to lock it to where it doesn't turn no more then what it should when you're in a race. Hopefully your guide will help me get some good lap times lol, I hate it when somebody passes me up and I can't keep up to give them a run for it.

Edit Start:
    I finally got some controller settings dialed in and it almost gives me the exact feel of forza I reckon a few more tweaks it'll be exactly like forza. Here are my controller settings and I did find something in options > views > virtual steering wheel rotation limit > I set mine at 90 degrees.

Options > Video > Views:
    Virtual Steering Wheel Rotation Limit @ 90 Degrees

Options > Controls > Main Controls & Advanced
    X360 Controller Settings (Near Forza 3 & 4):
    Main Controls
    ==================
    Speed Sensitivity: 10%
    ==================

Advanced
    ==================
    Steering Speed: 17%
    Gamma: 2.8 (Kept frinky2's settings)
    Filter: 0.65 (Kept Frinky2's settings)
    Deadzone: 0.15
    Rumble @ 10% Intensity.
    ===================

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    friiky2 likes this.
  6. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Hmm, Forza 3 have something like an assist when i tested a few minutes after Assetto.
    Its so slow and indirectly when driving i cant even describe really.
    Dont wanna attack you guys, but Assetto is direct like you need it to be fast.
    This is a simulation, so it will be harder than on a simcade. Thats for sure so.
    I hope you made changes to the default setting and you just need a feeling for corners by practicing more.

and i am xbox pad user :)

friiky2 likes this.
  7. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I agree with you to some extent. Forza is definitely slow, but you can get used to it. I was really good on rFactor with a 360 controller and liked the way it was so fast, but the speed sensitivity if set up correctly felt good which I couldn't get on AC. When I tried AC it was either really slow and limiting meaning I'd just go straight off the corner or really fast using full lock and understeering through the corners. For me a controller needs to limit the available steering lock. So if you have a 900 degree wheel and beyond 90 degrees it starts to understeer, pushing the stick all the way to the left should equal 90 degrees not 900. This is what happens on Forza, GT, and rFactor but I couldn't get it working on AC. Next time I go on my laptop I'll try the above and see what it's like.

8. friiky2

friiky2 Gamer

That's what the speed sensitivity is for. It locks the degree of the wheel dependent on the speed of your car. The problem is, the needed value depends on the car and even the setup...

For the GT3 cars you need a value < 75%.

Deatroy likes this.
  9. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

And want to add every pad is little different.
    I have 2 pads and both steer, brake and gas different.
    So everyone need to tweak little bit on his own to drive with it^^

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

friiky2 likes this.
  10. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Yeah it's really really hard to get right though. I had a go with the 458 S3 before and my 360 controller and it was not enough steering at top speed and too much steering at low speed :confused:

11. friiky2

friiky2 Gamer

Other games GT / Forza calculate that on the fly. I hope AC is also planning something like this...

Matty28 likes this.
  12. ahhyeaa

ahhyeaa Rookie

RRE has set the standard in gamepad controls. The Dev's really need to check them out. 2 main things from RRE I would like to see in AC...

1- You can adjust the wheel centering speed. (This already exists in AC for keyboard users) This adjusts how fast or slow your wheels return to center when you give steering input and then stop.

2- You can assign the L & R triggers as an individual axis.(This would enable clutch use)