1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 FoV settings

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Snoeipaard, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Hi,

While trying to set the right FoV on my PS4, I discovered these setting can be found in 2 places. One can be found from the main menu and the other from the cockpit view.

I know setting the FoV from the cockpit view works, and also changes the other view options. The FoV option in the main menu however, does not seem to do anything. Also the minimum setting here is 50 degrees, whilest from the cockpit view it goes way lower than that (I have it at 44).

Does anybody have a good explenation for this? What does the FoV option in the main menu do? And how should it be set?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface fov settings available ? Aug 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface FOV Settings - Dependend on perspective? And your Settings Sep 7, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard & FOV settings Jul 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FoV Settings? Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge FOV Settings ACC / Xbox Jun 23, 2020
    Chit Chat Room FoV settings on curved screen Jan 29, 2020
    ACC User Interface Optimum Camera / FOV settings? Sep 14, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions FOV real settings Aug 28, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Correct FOV/POV settings Apr 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Feature request: more FoV option and seat position settings Dec 10, 2016
    Suggestions FOV settings on console Oct 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Fov settings for 21:9 display Dec 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Save both FOV and seat position settings to individual cars Mar 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Correct FOV settings Mar 28, 2014
    Chit Chat Room SuperFOV & Immersive Display Settings? Dec 4, 2013

3. Hi Snoiepaard

I would also like to know how the FOV in the main menu should be set.

A very kind person sent me this link (which I bet was designed for PCers) which tells you how you should set your FOV, dependent on how far you are from the screen and the size of the screen:

https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

Enter your measurements and it will give you the optimum cockpit FOV

I have recently moved from around 55-60deg to 35 deg and it is transformational. I should be at 30deg, but I'm working towards it. I've also shifted my seat much closer to the screen.
    It takes getting used to.
    I've found the track appears wider and you seem to have more time to brake and turn in. The difficulty initially, is then seeing the line through the exit. I found I wasn't turning the wheel enough.

I hope someone can tell us about the Main Menu FOV.

However I expect we need to go and try out a range of various settings and be the ones to report back!:D

Hope the link helps.

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Thanks for the link Wrytoff.

I accually already know how to calculate FoV. 44 degrees is the correct vFoV for me. I would just like to know what the FoV option in the main menu is about. It does not seem to have any effect, but maybe I'm missing something here?