1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Frustrating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike Simmons, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Rookie

I have seen quite a bit of improvement in the AI over the last few updates, that is, until this last one. FFS! After ten failed attempts at Mugello with nine other Lotus T125's I give up. Each and every time there is a car right up my backside. At one point I stopped driving out of frustration and pulled off onto the curb, and there was still a car behind me, nudging away after all the other cars had gone past.

On another note I find I really enjoy driving open wheel cars something I never gave much thought too before AC. I started with the Tatuus Abrath which really is a fun car to drive and learn the different tracks. Then with another update I had access to the Lotus T125 so I decided to give that a shot and wow, what a fun car to drive! I've finally got around to the S1 which is now my favorite. What a hoot!

osy1950 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Pulling away off grass - VERY frustrating. Dec 21, 2018
    Console Lounge The most frustrating setup for controller Mar 26, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues The lack of controller configuration is really frustrating. Nov 19, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AI difficulty frustrating Aug 26, 2016

3. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

AI at 100%?

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The 125T are easily the worst cars in the hand of the AI. Quite a few other cars shere the AI used to be terrible have got much better so im sure they will be improved to over the next few builds in those cars too.

osy1950 likes this.
  5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

yea they still do the worst stuff in the open wheelers where road cars are pretty darn solid race wise. the lotus 49 ai is awesome, not tried the 312t yet. but the 125 i gave up too much destruction derby ai wise break checking crazy aero moves getting driven through and so on where all the old ai was at. so pretty confident given a update or two they will be much improved.

osy1950 likes this.
  6. Aceking

Aceking Racer

I believe AC is carefully making adjustments since if you lower the AI aggression too much then the AI will maintain too much distance from your car to avoid trouble, thus no longer competitive! This is a difficult task to accomplish for all these different car types/physics to run on all the tracks and this is why some AI cars run so much better on certain tracks than other do.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. brianr121

brianr121 Racer

Try putting them on 100%, seriously. Once you race with them enough you'll figure out where to pass and can start in the back and not have to restart at all. I find racing with the AI very enjoyable when the proper amount of give and take is exercised. ;)

As in any racing, patience... with Kunos and the AI. They're showing us on every update that they're committed to the task.

Dean Ogurek and Cote Dazur like this.
  8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

the fastest cars are still a problem for the AI, yes. But it improved vastly, because they stay atleast on the track :D

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Agree! Many drivers don't exercise enough patience when racing against the AI and will push and shove their way into T1 but being patient will help alot to accomplish your mission/win. :)

10. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Rookie

As a follow up I find if I mix the cars in the race between the T125 and T125 S1 the race is very enjoyable. I had three short races in a row and the AI played fine. If my driving skills weren't so suspect I would post a video of one of them!

What the heck here it is: