1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game server hosts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TERRA21, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Hi guys can anyone give some info/recommendations for good paid server hosts to use for AC.I know rackservice is there and seems pretty good and might be the go. But they do not support MR as of yet unfortunately.Any information for good alternatives would be appreciated thanks

2. norbs

norbs Alien

AWS? Amazon Web Services. Works ok for me and you get 12 months free.

cooknn and TERRA21 like this.
  3. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello

We do not support it since its not a stable plugin such as sTracker. If we would support it our servers would be a mess , therefore we prefer to choose for quality which is what we provide and want to keep providing.

Once the plugin becomes really stable and not in a beta / test phase we will provide it without any problem. Another option is one of our Dedicated Servers which many people here are using, there you have your own hardware and run as many servers as you want. In a dedicated server you can surely run such plugins as Minorating.

Regards
    Kevin

TERRA21 likes this.
  4. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

Totally agree. Servers just can't add plugins and stuff that are only working half way. You're not going to find a rented server that has MR installed. Myself, I won't touch it until it works as advertised, which may mean "never".

5. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

I totally get where kevin is coming from. Yes MR is young atm but its already ground breaking in terms of better public racing and overall mp experience. So to quote the words "never" is just naive

TCLF, mms and norbs like this.
  6. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Is MR even enabled again? It was, the it wasn't, ... and the difference on the server was close to none, no admin no blacklist = mess no matter what rating system is there.
    Rackservice works most of the time if you want just an AC server, or any other server hosting will do where you setup the server yourself might be including OS. Or run one from home.

7. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

Run one from home yes would luv too but when your in new Zealand cups and a string type telephone companies don't help.It's better than it used to be i guess .used to get 2mb down 0.5 up lol.Now is a bit better 60mb down and 10 up works well for australasia but think would struggle to eu/us with a decent grid but I wouldn't know I'm new to this hosting stuff

8. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Well it doesn't matter how far it is in terms of speed, what will kill it is the big ping of 300ms+ since you're going all the way around the globe. That's where EU is from NZ. You will need clients from south east asia, AU/NZ, ... anyway to have any reasonable ping. 60/10mbps is fine if it's not aggregated when used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.