1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game size on disk is becoming an issue: stock game + dlcs is now 28gb

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by zaratul, Dec 4, 2015.

1. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Not many people would care, but @Lord Kunos is there any plans to look into the game size on disk? The stock game with the 2 DLCs and without any mod content takes 28 GB on my disk. With DLC3 coming, the situation is going to get worse. It is by far the biggest game currently installed on my machine. Mostly its the .kn5 files and the .bank files which take the space. Somehow I feel that for console launch, you will have to do some sort of compression. Is there any plans for PC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds In Game Menu Size May 6, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Why is game small on my monitor but in VR it's correct size? Oct 12, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Help! how to resize in-game app boxes? May 20, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can anyone play the game on XBOX now? Thursday at 7:15 PM
    Chit Chat Room Can't find 911 gt3 R in the game(competizione) Apr 21, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Apr 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Loading save game on other device Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Whole Game Image Flipped upside down Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! on version 1.9.8 (the UE4 AC2 Game has crashed...) Mar 9, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is there two versjons of Silverstone in the game? Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

call of duty is 50gb

bf4 is 30gb

fallout 4 is just a lot(cant say exactly due to mods)

hell final fantasy 13 is 56gb

Im sorry but complaining about a game size less then 50gb is not even close to a problem, when consoles have day one patches as big at 18gb sometimes.

Storage in most countries is extremely cheap.

4. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Anno 2015, 28GB isn't all that much for a game really...

Octane, Epistolarius and CamsX like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

28GB! Gez! I better not say ought about the size of Race07 when it hit over 100GB, or having about 4TB just in back up drives. :) 28GB is nothing, it is but a smudge of DATA.

Torcano, CamsX and Brownninja97 like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you have it on a SSD just change it to a regular hard drive. Loading times are fairly quick and its mostly a one time load, and you really dont need it on a SSD for that simple reason.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Don't want to be rude or anything, but this thread should be "Thank you Kunos for providing so much content and still under 30GB!" ;)

8. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

My GTA V install is over 60GB with no mods.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

smaller gamesize means also less details.... so we dont mind the game is bigger and bigger with updates, means we get quality ! just buy an extra hd for gaming or upgrade ssd to a 480 gb model, they are cheap now ! less than 200 euro for gaming editions !

my main game are on a ssd, and the other ones on the second larger hd....

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Ehh, 28 gigs after install is tiny in this day and age. And the last time I did a fresh install the download size was less than 10 gigs, that I feel is the more important thing to keep in check more so than the overall game size and in that regard Kunos is doing a good job given how many people have data caps and stuff like that which is more of a pain in the bum. I just downloaded Just Cause 3, a 39 gig download and 50 gig game, Fallout 4 which is another 20+ gig download, forget those big AAA titles and for comparison just the last R3E update for me was like what 9 gigs or something, same with Dirt rally and its humongous updates and they end up usually being larger than the download size for entire AC game itself. And AC's game size doesn't matter because it varies from person to person, my game is easily over a 60 gigs in size due to all the mods, that's nothing when you consider that just the skin packs for some mods are over 1 gig in size. :)

11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

bf4 with everything is 60+ gb...

AurusCE and Epistolarius like this.
  12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

i cant afford everything

13. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and sadly not worth it anymore :(

AC has pretty standard size for these days ...

14. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I'm getting 28 GB for Dirt Rally and we haven't got all the content yet, let alone DLC
    22Gb for rFactor 2...

I reckon Kunos is doing OK on file size, I just hope I never have to download the whole game again with my 1Mb internet connection :eek: :)

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i dont regret downloading all those skins.

blakescom and Seria17hri11er like this.
  17. :p ROFL

18. blakescom

blakescom Racer

I'm pretty sure Titanfall deluxe installs to a whopping 70Gb or something like that.......

No offense to the OP but if you're having capacity issues then you need more capacity. lol

19. PlayHorizon VFR GenX England/Wales/Scotland/Republic of Ireland photoscenery for Lockheed Martin P3D (flight simulator) - 289GB
    Total installation for the above plus the base flight simulator, and all scenery packages and addons - 394GB

20. AurusCE

AurusCE Racer

My AC Folder has 52GB currently and I'm very happy with that! Just bought a 120GB SSD just to fit BF4 + Assetto Corsa which are the games I play the most. But talking about your concern, I don't think there is anything the devs can do about it right now. Maybe they can come up with a better idea in AC 2, still think there wont be much of a difference...

21. Yay for a fellow P3Der lol