1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GPU for 5120*2160 with i10700K ?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Aclo, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Aclo

Aclo Rookie

Hi all, I’ll replace my monitor with a 32:9 and expect to run at max resolution and frame rate. I do not expect to change my cpu i10700k’, so based on your experience, what must be the minimum graphic card for good performances , and the best graphic card that could be exploited by my cpu.
    I do not want to purchase a very expensive gpu if my cpu cannot follow .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting D3D Error, GPU failing to catch up Mar 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU full load and fans at full speed Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error and cant launch game with GPU upgrade [audio device] Feb 1, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. Jun 22, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error on startup with no message [amdxx64.dll crash - gpu driver reinstallation] Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close, text: Fatal error! [audio crash + 1 gpu driver crash] Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU 100% in VR on menu screens - since downloading American tracks Sep 7, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACC GPU usage 100% on initial menu Sep 7, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Why is my GPU underused Aug 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Fatal Errors [GPU overclock] Jul 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash Game [GPU times out and hangs] Jul 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game runs on iGPU Jun 6, 2022

3. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Cpu will limit your max fps but the better the GPU the better you can make the game look. Get the best one you can afford, none on the market at the moment will be "too powerful".

Your resolution is probably 5120x1440 btw.

4. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

How exactly is a 10th generation i7 which Intel says is it's best gaming processor running at over 4 ghz going to limit his FPS? After all, it only gives up about 20 FPS to the i9.

5. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Well he's not going to be running 200+fps or anything like that with big grid of cars, no matter what the GPU or graphics settings. Cpu will be able to push something like 100-150fps and that's it. With a good GPU he can make it look good and crisp too but the fps won't be any better.

6. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Even at just 3.8 ghz it averages 120 fps with a simple 1080 Ti video card. Depending on the game it can get up to 300 fps.

Mine is running at 4.8 ghz on an old EVGA SSC 960 GTX 4GB and I run ACC maxed out with a full grid and never balk a bit. Ran a full grid race online last night and never glitched a single time.

I do have a crappy monitor though, so there's that. It's a 27 inch 80 hz., so it does me no good to turn out 120 fps. I have no doubt I could with realitive ease. I upgrade the video and I'm going WAY past that.

What's more, if you call 120 fps "limited" then, wow.

7. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

I'm running a 9700k/rtx 3080 with 5120x1440 240hz monitor and my fps on big grid online races is about 100-130. So I pretty much know from experience what kind of framerates he'll be able to achieve with that cpu, mine is a bit worse but should't be a huge difference.

High fps is pretty subjective, some are satisfied with 60 and some say anything below 200 is unplayable etc. And yeah of course many other games/sims will run at 200-300fps easily but acc especially with high resolution just doesn't run with super high fps no matter what the hardware.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Dewald Nel likes this.
  8. dr_meszrum

dr_meszrum Rookie

Running 10900F and 3080 (factory oc'ed to 1815) @32:9 (5120x1440) with everything set to epic (with no motion blur) and HDR enabled I am getting rock solid 75fps (capped at this number, g-sync enabled with v-sync disabled) with 30 cars grid. However due to the strange relation of ACC and G-sync 75fps is not very smooth (running the same settings with 32' Philips @4k and capping it to 60fps is butter smooth), the image processing becomes really smooth in the regions of 105fps and above. So I managed to achieve stable 105fps with full grid - I capped fps at 116, and lower materials to high, foliage and foliage lod to high. This gave me 105fps at the beginnig of races with me being last one in the grid and as the race progresses and grid becomes loose the fps come to 116 and stay in this region for most of the time. This way the image is perfectly smooth. The CPU load is surprisingly low and no way it can be bottleneck in my system (30% at best).
    The other titles are perfectly smooth with AMS2 and PC2 being the benchmark of smoothness @ capped 116fps (I suppose it is game engine related).

I hope the DLSS improves the performance of ACC.

Answering your question - buy the best gpu you can afford if you want the ACC perform well @5120x1440. There is nothing right now on the market what can be considered as 'too powerful' regarding ACC.

cooknn likes this.
  9. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I run an i9-9900k w/ RTX 2080 Ti at 5120 x 1440 and with my ACC graphics settings on Epic I average 60-70 fps with a 25 car field. Using G-Sync is a must. This way you get the smooth experience without having to push 100+ fps.

dr_meszrum likes this.
  10. dr_meszrum

dr_meszrum Rookie

cooknn,
    do you happen to see improvement in subjective feeling of smoothness (especially world elements like high fences and any kind of antennas or towers) when going from 60-70fps using G-sync to regions of 110's using the same G-sync?

11. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I've never seen the 100's :eek: I love Epic and I'm good with 60-70 using G-Sync so using that data I determined how many cars I could have in the field which is 24 + me. I'm sure the increase would be visible and very nice. If I could upgrade to a 3080 I would, but my Corsair PC is what it is. Pretty sure that G-Sync will only work up to your monitors refresh rate, so you'd need 120Hz to see those numbers.

I love G-Sync. Been using it since the early days when I had to hack my video card to make it work. It's amazing for a racing simulation.

Brezza and dr_meszrum like this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Whoa. Looks like we might get a nice FPS boost in a couple days. That’s totally me on the left. Can’t wait to see the numbers on the right. Sweet :D

dr_meszrum likes this.
  13. dr_meszrum

dr_meszrum Rookie

Yup, exactly.
    I've got home office this week :D

cooknn likes this.