1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Graphics need improving slightly

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fahim, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Message to Assetto Corsa team,

Game needs more blur in further distance to simulate a more real graphics feel. PCARS feels more real. They have a slightly more blur and much more shadows, reflections and sun glaze to try and make the game feel REAL and not cartoony like previous generation pc games.

When you do runs at 18.00 time because it is less dark sun is setting it looks more realer, because of reflections.

But during afternoon sessions on some tracks it even started looking like iracing. The colours looks very low bit where as real life it's more of a grainy colours.

Pcars have great colors, and more blur and more dx11 detail. These little trickery can make a game look real. F1 2010 even did it well.

The graphics engine is fine but subtle changes to colours, motion blue abit more in the distance required.
    Little trickery needed to make use of the dx11 engine.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Need help setting up graphics Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Need help with graphics settings !! Mar 30, 2020
    General modding discussion Need a graphics designer for an almost finished App! Jan 31, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error - Problem with AMD Graphics Card? - Solved May 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions graphics old assetto corsa Mar 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions horrible graphics. Jan 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting (1.8.19) UE4-AC2 crashes every time after I bought new graphics card. Dec 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Graphics/lag on race updates Sep 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Compeotizione - G923 - turning steering wheel freezes graphics but sound still plays Mar 27, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Terrible shadow rendering no matter what graphics used Jan 25, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get sharpest/crispiest graphics after V1.8? Jan 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Graphics Dec 22, 2021

3. winet

winet Gamer

No mention of your hardware but AC looks much better on my system than Pcars. Shadows still a major problem for Pcars

GTX780 Intel I5-3570K here

4. baloche

baloche sorry for my english

go play pcars...
    i found assetto corsa mooooooore beautiful than pcars , with his blur and awfull shiny colors... the only good thing in pCars is , the 3D model , i don't like the tracks , the colors ...
    assetto is perfect , for my eyes :)

5. MBanzo

MBanzo Rookie

I really don´t care about graphics, I have GSC13, Formula truck 13, PCars, Asseto, NKPro and iRacing and iRacing and Assetto are my favourites ones in graphics.

But at the end of the day each one of us have a different opinion :)

6. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I'm genuinely surprised that you guys feel PCARS does not look as real as AC.

If you go through spa in PCARS through the long straight after le rouge, you can compare it to straight in Monza in AC.

AC might be more crisp in AI but PCARS has that real look and not cartoony.

I think the trick is to shoot more shadows and lighting effect. This way you see less of the SAME tarmac over and over again. Same with grass.

It needs to feel more alive to give it a realer look. More atmosphere! A little haze effect/blur in the distance.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  7. Horus

Horus Alien

Sounds like you want to play Grid. Assetto Corsa looks just fine, maybe because not much in the way of weather has been offered yet, I would wait till rain, fog, mist etc. etc. is implemented in the future. I have never played pCars, but I know it is a lot further ahead in development than AC and so those things should show up. I hope to race in pCars and AC in the future if they both play well why not. :)

magicaldog likes this.
  8. Fahim

Fahim Racer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you look at images. The game might not be crisp and clear but it is the effects that can make it real.

You needs lots of blur, slightly washed out colors but with high texture backdrops. And most of all look at the grass.

There is depth to the grass. It's called DX11!!! It's alive and growing :)

Assetto Corsa better in car details but track detail need slight improvement.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Blur gives me headaches, so no thanks.

P.S. It does look very nice other than that. :)

r3ck0n likes this.
  10. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

you must not wear glasses

I HATE BLUR, makes me think my glasses need cleaning

To be perfectly honest I don't care if a guardrail has shine on it when I'm going past it at a virtual 150mph, and looking ahead to my next braking point.

AC looks really good to me: the pearlescent mica particles in the MP4-12C "Mclaren Papaya Orange" paint, sparkle just like it does on the real car - you don't need gimmicks like blur to make things look cool

Robilon, magicaldog and Horus like this.
  11. Fahim

Fahim Racer

I am not talking about cars. Track detail in game. Please see pictures above. See grass detail, road color, light affect, shadows on road and tree detail.

Akis Kev likes this.
  12. MBanzo

MBanzo Rookie

Agree with other users, I hate blur :(

magicaldog likes this.
  13. Horus

Horus Alien

Never forget the TREES! The Treants, will find you. :eek:

P.S. Should I be looking at the blurry trees in picture one or two. JOKING!!! Only Joking.

magicaldog likes this.
  14. MBanzo

MBanzo Rookie

Trees are not as detailed as you think, if you look closely you will see it´s a plain tree in and X shape. The ones in front in the first capture are 2d trees but because of the blur it seems good.

15. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Hence the little tricks can make the game look real-life.
    Hope they improve it slightly.

MBanzo likes this.
  16. winet

winet Gamer

To me if your looking for a benchmark in PC graphics F1 2013 would be my choice

17. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

I think the good pCars graphics is a result of all well coded shaders working together rather the blur thing (I think blur doesn't help at all). I agree to Fahim, pCars has better graphics than AC in general, but the cost is too high in my opinion.

I have a decent GPU hardware (2x770gtx oc) and I struggle to run pCars, no way to run everything maxed. And, decreasing the graphics settings, the visuals become not so nice as was. I'd say GFX part of pCars is already (or almost) finished while AC it's not, so we have to wait. There's much more room to improve in AC than in pCars but I beg they find clever solutions that not bog FPS down too much.

It's important to remember AC has not night yet, so I don't know if light system is a placeholder.

18. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I'm not going to get into an AC vs PCars debate, but you can't deny PCars' graphics are pretty great in certain places. Here's an overcast lap. The ambience and general aesthetic is nothing short of stunning.

However, AC is at an early stage right now, and already looks quite stunning in its own right, so I don't doubt that the 3D department will take it to the next level further on down the line. I somewhat agree with your point about AC looking better in dusk/dawn scenarios as opposed to daytime (this also happens in a different graphics engine I work in), however, again, AC's at an early stage and for all I know the lighting system could be completely placeholder.

MsportDAN and Asilo_Driver like this.
  19. emilblixt

emilblixt Gamer

IMO what needs improvement is lighting. I'm no fan of fancy GFX but it's nice that Kunos cater for all.

20. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

The video above is really insane. It's a real shame such graphics and cars driving so bad.

21. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Awesome video indeed !!

Guys, please no fighting between AC and pCars.. they both deserve to live :p

(moving this post to the suggestion thread).