1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Grinding gears, rustling jimmies

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Akheteru, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

On console ghost's do exist ;) but only in > drive > hotlap mode...They are a bit hit and miss at times, maybe a theoretical best lap based on sector times...

You. An clearly see the ghost at the end of this clip, why they aren't implemented in other modes I do not know.

EMW SMILER and SlimCharles like this.
  2. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Maybe that's the issue, they could be programming on Apple Mac 128's hahahaha, sad but kinda rings true looking at the state of this compared to every other car game on console regardless of it's audience. When you stop and think about all the telemetry missing, the lack of modes, the weak graphics in comparison to other titles, this game really holds nothing but the feel of it on a wheel, but even that is deceiving and not completely unique.

Confused a bit too OP, you say you don't care why people are only in the drift and Nurburgring track day lobbys then you answer it with your very next sentence: disgusting online lobbies. Can only drift the same track so many times before it becomes stale no matter what cars you have.

People ain't going to trickle down buddy, most will never pick it up, it will end up in the 5 dollar pile with that old gem ferrari sim, as another potential genre defining game that suffered from no logical structure.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    Larryf1951 likes this.
  3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Seriously? Thats being negative just because. Assetto offers the best sensations by a long distance on consoles (if the distance between Driveclub and Pcars is like between the earth and the moon, Assetto would be neptune).

I just dont understand why the absence of some important features, negates everything good in the game. What about the AI? the sounds? the laser scaned tracks? the list of cars? No, that is **** also because we dont have private lobbies.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah maybe on PS4/XB1 and that seems to be what all are comparing it with. To me honestly GT5 and 6 though both varied hugely in physics were both hot on the heels of AC, even did some things better like natural oversteer and traction loss.....There is no long distance, like someone agreed the other day, this game ain't all that much more than GTR2 and the likes..... 10 years ago.

gregOr1971 likes this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Stopped reading when I realised you were actually comparing GT and AC physics. That just simply trolling.

Roble likes this.
  6. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Dismissing a comment because the person invoked the name of GT is pure arrogance. At one point in time GT was leading the field in realistic driving games. They essentially helped create the market that AC is entering. So comparison between the games is natural. Is GT still great? Not really. But, neither is AC. And I really like AC. I just think that some of the easy, simple features that got left out are being mentioned.
    And, in all honesty, the game may end up being scrapped by many gamers because it does not contain the features that they want. That's how the marketplace works.

7. Akheteru

Akheteru Rookie

No, those things are excellent, very well implemented. But you need more than a graphics engine, a physics engine and some pretty tracks to make a game worth the money we're paying for it.

I bought this game because I have a competitive nature and I haven't played a non-arcade racing game in over ten years. My competitive nature is not served by running endless laps against AI with no manner of tracking my improvements or even the simplest metrics by which to compare myself against other players. I gave PCars a pass all this time because I was waiting for GT:S, because they promised they were taking GT back toward the sim direction that gave them their start. When GT:S got infinitely delayed and they refunded the pre-orders (which told me to stop holding my breath), I gave PCars a pass because AC was the new kid on the block and looked quite promising.

Then I found that there was nobody to compete against, no means of tracking anything even if there were, and the final nail is that there won't likely be anyone to compete against now that it's not going to be on shelves anymore anyway. Enjoying PCars, now. The trade-in value of AC brought the price of PCars down to $1.61... so, thanks for that Kunos. I guess.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Are you following the conversation? I dont think so. I agree completely with your comment, but he was saying AC is not so far from GT in physics.

For me simply the physics and force feedback worth the payment. There is nothing like Assetto on consoles. And Im very confident with the future of the game. 2 months and they are gonna release 3 patches already.

GTS is not going to be the new standard in sim racing, and it wont be. Yamuchi himself said it. It is a game meant to be sold to the big public. Maybe they are improving, like they say, but it will never reach the sim realm of Assetto, Iracing or Rfactor. And like other person said in other thread, if you want to enjoy Assetto, you are gonna to find the way to do it. I play online and knowing that is frustrating to be pushed off the track, i enjoy many races. Also the kicking system is no solution to the private lobbies, but it works good enough to enjoy races.

9. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I agree that GT has plateaued in the realm if simulation. They are trying to appeal to the largest market. I find no fault in that.
    And I also agree that AC requires more from the player and the effort is worth it.
    I truly enjoy the game, which is a surprise to me since I was a tad disappointed on day one. I had to put the game back in the drawer until 1.03 was released. So, I have no intention to argue or be disagreeable.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Neither I do. I like all types of racing game, from Driveclub to Assetto. But must give to Caesar what is Caesar's'. Assetto is the best physics simulator ever on consoles.

The thing with Assetto is that now is in that moment where there are a lot of lacks and so on. And immediately for some people all become rubish. I agree that there are some important features that must be added as soon as possible. But that doesnt negate all the goods of the game and neither impede from enjoying it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Akheteru

Akheteru Rookie

What races? There's nobody to race lol

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I always find people to race.

13. Akheteru

Akheteru Rookie

In nearly 2 weeks, I found a total of 4 races. If there were 10 people online during prime time, 6 were in the drift track, 3 were in endless practice laps at Nordschleife and 1, if I was lucky, was actually waiting for a race. I even took an Abarth AC race because I was thrilled to find an actual human being to compete against - I have no interest in racing the slowest class of car in the game, but there I was with a $50 coaster occupying my console's disc drive and bored to death.

I even joined three different PSN community pages in hopes of finding active players... if I hadn't traded the game in, I'd ask to borrow some of your luck.

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It is a problem of the servers itself, not of the number of people playing. Dont know the solution (some people said to open the region restriction).

Akheteru likes this.
  15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Just shut your trap and talk Sh*t on another forum.

16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The largest market/franchise is Gran Turismo, has been for a long time. If they're aiming for more sales, the only way to do that is go more realistic, that's why people bought it in the first place. Playing on a controller is no judge of realism full stop. Nobody drives a real car with a controller so it's a non-issue. Between the magical laws of physics that AC breaks and the broken tuning system trusting this 'game' as a 'sim' is very hard for the logical minded. Can't say as much for many other games, one thing I can say for many others though: A car can do many things, you don't have to be a champion race car driver to kick a car out sideways and hold it, but AC seems to think you do....for every car but the drift specs.... I miss the days before the internet when you couldn't just become a pro racer reading websites like most, you actually had to learn things in cars...

Larryf1951 likes this.
  17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

[​IMG]

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

That was the exact look I gave the guy in store the other day when I returned AC and the G29 I got with it on release date, he gave the same look back, was awkward for a moment. Thank god I live in a country where faulty or unfinished goods are liable for a refund and reasonable time is given to confirm as such. Shame about the G29 though. Guess i'll wait until GT:S and it's official FIA partnership to get another wheel. When is AC getting an FIA partnership? Since they're so lifelike and all, wonder what FIA would think of my efforts on Flugplatz but I guess the ones that reply will know better than them, unless i've silenced them once and for all, mics on you.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  19. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

Last time i checked assetto doesn´t have diferent physics for drifting or racing, unlike other titles you sugest...
    I can drift/slide all cars, no diference in physics.

Ps: Maybe the F40 i cannot!.... Lmao ;-)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Show us some videos of you on console drifting some normal cars with the same angle and aggressive style as the drift specs, can't wait to see them, surely an E92 M3 could light it's rear and drift exactly like the drift spec in the hands of a capable driver(not a stig). I could bring up numerous youtube videos of average public citizens getting ridiculous angle in them if you need. Heck I can show you videos of the F40 getting sideways all day, it's kinda all it does unless you are a stig.

But I rest my case on your comment, on any other game ie: GT/forza/GTR2/Rfactor/anything else remotely sim I use the exact same car for racing and drifting ie: the same TOM's Supra or the same 1995 Nissan Silvia K's bar maybe some tuning to adjust....Why do you need a totally different version of the same car on AC to do something the normal car does in videos all over the internet in the hands of learners even? Your response was completely backwards.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016