1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT2/3 lap times (AC vs RL), Online leagues

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by NFS76, Aug 30, 2016.

1. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

I was wondering the other day, that if I'm starting to be fast enough for some online racing, but I don't have any clue how fast should I be, to get good battle with others. I'm not saying, that I can't race if I can't win, but I certainly don't want to be last :cool: So can you give me some examples, how fast others are going? What would be the best place to start?

And...what cars and tracks are available in AC, what you can race in real life (GT2/GT3)? How does lap times compare (qualify/race)?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC iFormula / F1 2014 / GP2 / GT2/3 Leagues May 24, 2014
    ACC Gameplay AI Blue Flag Behaviour - Final Lap (and in general) Wednesday at 7:40 PM
    ACC Gameplay Short Formation lap not working Nords Apr 10, 2024
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Formation lap counts as race lap Jan 27, 2024
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay No penalties when invalid laps > valid laps? Oct 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023

3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

4. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

5. If you can keep your car pointed the correct direction for most of the race you will finish in the top half of the field more often than not. Join some lobbies and have some fun, just stay on your toes at all times, here is what happened to me when I let my guard down:

NFS76 likes this.
  6. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

i think the most important is to drive constant laps, a good basic to race others, doesnt matter that you have good laptimes, in real life guys that start in pole position loose their place to even or make mistakes.... i started to drive online when i noticed my times are even after 10 laps in the same range , and talk about 0.5 sec difference max....after 10 laps you will see that laptimes "are" slower to tyre wear etc... at rsr live timing i end mostly in the top 50 , some tracks or cars top 100, so for me thats more than enough to have fun and to race, and to try different setups, my sim rig is crappy has hell and still manage good times :)

NFS76 likes this.
  7. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

I have heard this before...and this was one reason, I never liked to race online with Gran Turismo 6. Tried few times, but there was always some idiots ruin the fun out of it. Is there good clean lobbies for novices, who just want's to race, and how do I join them?

And to my other question. I found this blancpain-site. Are these times comparable to AC lap times, and what settings you need to use to get best accuracy:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/..._id=6&filter_meeting_id=64&filter_race_id=458

8. I am banned from the ALOOG servers (don't ask LOL) but from I hear they have some of the cleanest public lobby racing with many of the guys that you see posting in these forums taking part. SRS (sim racing system) is a service that you have to sign up for and provides scheduled races with a rating system. Marty's servers are rule a an iron fist and quick boot key when he is online in them.
    And luck of the draw plays into it also; sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug. Go have fun.

NFS76 likes this.
  9. Just looked into one big Finnish league practise server stats with GT3's @ Mugello and the fastest guys have done 1.46.0xx but those guys are really quick. I mean REALLY quick. You should be fine with constant 1.48 - 1.50 hotlap pace for that combo I believe.

Edit: What I actually wanted to say was that don't worry about your pace, there are always people miles faster than you and me. Much more important is to focus for clean and fair racing.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  10. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

Ok, have to try that :) So, all optimum settings, and constantly between 1:48-1:50 is good? Mugello is just the track I hate...can't drive it at all :(

11. Yup. That kind of pace should be more than enough for nice races.

12. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

Btw, what are optimum settings for hotlapping? I have used 29°C and mid clear.

13. That depends of the track but default optimum values has always been 26C, clear, 12:00.

Lower temperature is better for engine power but you may have issues with the tyre temperatures. Higher temperature is the opposite of course.

NFS76 likes this.
  14. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I'd say: As long as you can fulfill the 107% rule which says you can be 7% slower than the leader and you are able to race cleanly there's no point in not participating.

NFS76 likes this.
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If you can do a 1:49.xxx at Monza with a GT3 I'd say you're wasting time if you're waiting to be faster to join a league. If you can keep that pace with consistency and are able to race cleanly there's no reason not to start league racing.

NFS76 likes this.
  16. Kurt Verlin

Kurt Verlin Gamer

17. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Just click on his link?

18. Kurt Verlin

Kurt Verlin Gamer

Woops I didn't see it was a link. But I made another mistake anyway - I thought he meant the GT-R GT3 but it seems his lap time is in the road car.

19. NFS76

NFS76 Gamer

No racing for me yet. I can't get even one lap under 1:50 at Mugello. That track seems to be very hard, and I always "melt" my rear tyres at the end of middle section. My times are not where they should be, except maybe on Monza. And Huracan seems to be the only GT3 car I can drive. I guess quite a lot of this gap can be explained because of car adjustment, which I can't do properly. For example camber angles. I try to adjust those by looking a tyre temperatures, but somehow inner temperature seems to be always higher. Then I get to the point, where I really notice that I lose lateral grip, but why won't it get better on any setting before that. Downforce is another pain in the butt. Should I use more or less wing. On Monza I have zero wings in my Huracan settings. I have also soften some rear springs and ARB, to get more grip to the rear wheels. So my driving school continues, and I need to start experiment more with adjustments.

20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The pace isn't that important to have fun in MP, the most important things are if you are consistent, if your moves are predictable (I've already been in situations when I was alongside under braking and dude just went back to racing line like I wasn't there), and most important is how do you deal with close driving to others.

If you don't feel too confident driving with others around you, you can start with Nords BTG sessions and ask someone to go for a lap with you and try to stay close enough to have time to react and not crash into him.

Minorating is great tool, but to really use it you have to be AB driver and use AB only servers (*cough* like ALOOG1, or other ALOOG servers if you are into GT's *cough* shameless plug sorry). Of course accidents will still happen but it's not the same as on any open public server.
    Marty servers are also good (especially if you are in Australia).
    SRS, I did some races when it was in beta and they were mostly OK but there were also some wtf T1 situations. Since they came out of beta I did 2 races I think and they were OK.

That's what I think / my 0.02$. Have fun.

NFS76 likes this.
  21. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Dude, it sounds like you're doing more harm than good with your setups.
    If you're trying to adjust camber to get equal temperatures between the inside and the outside you'll lose a ton of grip. The inside is always gonna have higher temps. I suggest not to fiddle too much with alignment until you know exactly what you're doing (I still don't).
    Also, I've never driven the Huracan, so I can't say for sure, but I don't know any GT car that works on 0 rear wing, even at Monza I believe that's too low.
    Basically, before you fiddle with setups, drive on the stock setup until you get a consistent good-ish time, then fiddle with one setting at a time and see if it improves your times and the feel of the car. If it doesn't, go back to where you were.
    Mugello can be tricky on tyre temperatures. If you're overheating your tyres, start by using a harder compound. A medium tyre on the optimal temp range is better than a soft that's overheating.
    If the Huracan is the only car you can drive, there's no problem with that. Usually front engine cars are better for begginers, but it may not be your case. Anyway, it's better to be good on a single car than to be bad in all of them.

_Fulgore_ and NFS76 like this.