1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gte/gt3 balance of performance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by KingKenny04, Oct 2, 2014.

1. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

Hello! Was curious about BoP in the stock AC GT3 and GTE cars. Are the physics on these cars modeled on the base car as it comes from the manufacturer? Or is some kind of FIA/ACO/SRO BoP figure incorporated into the physics modeling? Just idle curiosity, thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics GT4 balance Oct 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Audio Cockpit sounds off balanced Oct 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Aero balance bug in 720s Aug 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Aero Balance on GT4 cars Mar 30, 2021
    ACC Physics Ferrari ride height aero balance anomalies Dec 21, 2020
    ACC Physics Car Weight Balance Oct 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Dry to wet tyres transition, and aero balance changes Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Physics GT4 Setup menu - missing aero balance Jul 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A little balance maybe... Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.3.11] No animation on Bentley brake balance changes Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Audio Engine Loudness Balance Mar 12, 2020
    ACC User Interface Aero Balance changing after driving Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Weird changes in Porsche aero balance Nov 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI pace totally imbalanced dry vs. wet 1.0.9 Sep 17, 2019

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

GTE/GT2 and GT3 have a totally different ruleset, so they are not BoP'd towards eachother. What would be the point of that, ... defeats of the purpose of multi-class racing :)

4. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

That's not at all what I was asking, I have no clue how you could have misinterpreted that. I know they are completely different rulesets.

When a manufacturer builds a car for a given set of regulations, invariably the car that comes out of the shop will NOT have the same performance as it does when it hits the track on its first race weekend. This is because the sanctioning body will impose certain balance of performance adjustments to bring it in line with the rest of its given class.

My question, again: Are the physics of the GTE and GT3 cars in Assetto Corsa modeled based on their baseline performance without BoP adjustments? Or are these cars modeled with their respective real-world BoP adjustments incorporated?

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I think they first make the with the real data from the manufacturers and then tweak them a bit so you'll get that BoP effect. They have done that for the Z4 & 12c gt3's.

6. Yup, that sounds the most likely indeed.
    But also remember that the game isn't final yet, so tweaks are probably still being made to have the cars on comparable levels.

7. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Balance of Performance.
    You hear most about it in the current blancpain series. They balance cars out by restricting the amount of HP, fuel or aero. OR they can also increase it for a specific car, depending on the other cars.

8. KingKenny04

KingKenny04 Simracer

I'm curious to know, though, if these tweaks are based on actual Blancpain/FIA BoP figures or Kunos' own Balance of Performance. I'd imagine its Kunos' own figures as the real-world BoP changes so often.

9. BoP changes are usually being made by each series in relevance to the current situation.
    So yeah, final balancing is most likely based on Kunos' tweaks.

10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi there.
    We start from the baseline car manufacturer data. Then we usually apply the BoP on the engine, fuel tanks and aero ( for example the height of the rear wing). We do not modify the weight with ballast penalties because we would like to offer that option individually for every car in the server at some future update... Not sure we will make it and when but that's the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. You certainly know how to get every league racer to start dreaming :D

12. Skazz

Skazz Racer

For a laugh it's worth reading up on ELMS 2013/2014: they have ACO GTE and FIA GT3 classes, but BoP the GT3 cars to be slowest of any GT3 series.

They manage 2s difference around tracks like Silverstone during qualifying. But they could clearly just as easily BoP the two classes to very closely matched lap times. BoP is an integral part of GT racing everywhere....