1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hello Everyone {^_^}

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dust Devil, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Dust Devil

Dust Devil Rookie

Hello amazing community! I am in my late 20's and I live in Toronto, Canada. I am new to this forum and fairly new to Assetto Corsa and I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself as I am joining the dark side.

This is probably the first Race Car Simulator I played in forever and I always enjoyed racing so I decided to purchase the game together with the main 3 dream packs. I am currently reading all the stickies and learning how to mod the game because I hear from my friend that you can get a lot more race tracks and vehicles in the game for free (some of them).

I don't have much racing experience and I am using the Logitech Momo wheel until I have enough money for my realistic dream setup. I am planning to invest up to $3,500CAD and I want to get the proper adjustable moving buck seat set up with the holder for the wheel and the pedals + 3 Thirty something inch TVs.

I can't decide between the Logitech G29 and the Thrustmaster T500rs. There were a few more set-ups which caught my eye and maybe you can shed some light on what I should get. I think in the end of the day it's more about feel and your driving style but I am sure you can point me in the right direction at least.

I have a very good computer so that is already dealt with :) All I need now is to practice and slowly invest and build the ideal setup for myself. I wish I had money for the BlueTiger Race Full Motion Race&Flight Simulator but that's why I said REALISTIC setup lol.

Anyway, 'nuff said, thanks for keeping this community so pure and go easy on me until I can confidently say "I'll see you in my mirrors" ;)

Epistolarius and bondyboy like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Hello everyone Dec 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Hello everyone! Feb 19, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room First post, saying Hello Oct 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Does anyone have a painfully slow forum experiance? Say hello to Discourage mode. Aug 17, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello Everybody Jul 27, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Hello Jul 15, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello, Assetto Corsa seems to be reading the raw data of my pedals Jun 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello, friends, I require some pedal assistance Jun 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Hello guys ! How to download ? Aug 29, 2018
    General modding discussion Camera transition effect Hello! Is it possible to remove that fade effect in the transition of cam Jan 18, 2018
    General modding discussion Default Pilot Skin Model Hello! Aug 23, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Hello everybody!! Jan 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Hello Jan 9, 2016
    Liveries Attempto racing mclaren 650s gt3 (hello kitty) released Dec 16, 2015

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Hallo and welcome to AC forums. You definitely didn't join the dark side, far from it. :D
    As to your wheel question, I would stay clear off a G29 because of it's price/value ratio. And I think Logitech hasn't sorted out it's driver issues yet. I might eye on a T300. Same price range.
    If you haven't played any racing game before you might look into this to get a hang of what's important: http://www.drivingfast.net/

Have fun.

Dust Devil likes this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Welcome to the community Dust Devil :)

Regarding hardware there is a lot of choice out there! Im sure a lot of people will have different opinions of what is best but I think you might be best off trying to find a stand alone wheel e.g thrustmaster t300 (think you can get that as wheel only) and then buy yourself a decent set of pedals. If the pedals on the G29 are anything like those on the G27 they are probably not very good at all. I use a T500 wheel and Fanatec CSP V2 pedals, i recently tried my Thrustmaster T500 pedals for the first time and i dont like them but i have been using CSP's for quite a while.

I bought a DFGT Pro initially, decided it wasnt really good enough so i bought G27 after that. After a while the pedals annoyed me so i bought the CSP V2's and then upgraded to T500 (paying for the pedals without even needing them... then thrustmaster brought out standalone wheel :mad:) i really wish i had just bought better equipment initially :p it depends on your price range obviously. Be aware you can also mod some pedals and buy aftermarket goodies to improve them. I know people upgrade the T500 pedals with a load cell brake mod for example. I think the pedals are much more important than the wheel, if noise wasnt a problem for me i would be pretty much as happy with my old G27 wheel as i am with my T500 but i dont think i could use the stock T500 pedals having used CSP for so long.

Depending on which cars you like an H shifter could really improve your experience (i couldnt do without one) if you buy a G wheel it will likely come with an H shifter where as Thrustmaster you will probably have to buy one seperately.

Read some reviews and maybe check some youtube reviews as well, good luck!

Dust Devil likes this.
  5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Welcome aboard.
    Some things you might find useful.

Mini guide on installing mods:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-install-mods-guide.13828/

People have different opinions on this, but mine is stay away from ripped mods. Most of them are quick converts from other games without needed attention to physics and/or sounds. Unfortunately mods are no longer on this forum, so it's harder to be sure that the one you are downloading is legit. Look around on racedepartment though. Each to their own of course.

If you are into MP (once you get used to driving in AC ofc), here are things that should be interesting for you:

Scheduled races "iRacing style" (still relatively fresh):
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sim-racing-system.32360/
    http://www.simracingsystem.com/

My personal favorite (rating system... again "iR style"):
    http://www.minorating.com/
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/minorating-com-drivers-thread.25732/

Great MR guide by Hagen
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...d-unable-to-join-servers-tagged-mr-abc.28370/

Derrellbiffle and Dust Devil like this.
  6. Dust Devil

Dust Devil Rookie

Thank you for the prompt response! Haha I said dark side in a funny way ;)
    I will definitely take what you said into consideration. I hear a lot of controversial comments in regards to the G29. I'm sure it's a fantastic wheel but it's a bit expensive and too colorful for my taste.
    I am currently trying to buy the G27 off of someone I know and it's only $150 so I would say that is an amazing find. I know it doesn't support PS4 (Gran Turismo) but I can use a converter until I buy a proper Thrustmaster wheel or Logitech wheel with built in PS4 support. I definitely need those trays which you set your wheel and pedals on because I have a keyboard tray and when I setup my wheel I can't type because the keyboard tray is stuck behind it. so I use the On-Screen keyboard or try to blindly type around the wheel underneath the desk lol. I think with 3.5 thousand dollars (CAD) I can have a proper setup. I just can't invest this much right now so I will start from the wheel (up to $600) I can pay more if it's worth it but generally I want to stay within that range. I was also thinking of customizing everything (buying a separate preferred wheel and pedals + shifters all from different brands but I don't know if that's possible/recommended. I know you can replace the wheel itself on some setups but other than that not too sure about customizing everything, will it work well together?

Thanks again!

Ace Pumpkin and Andy-R like this.
  7. Dust Devil

Dust Devil Rookie

Thank you andy-riches!!! It looks like I have a long way to gain your experience with pc racing related hardware; you've tried so many. It's like guitars. I bought a fairly expensive guitar for my first one but when I was trying even more expensive guitars which had more "features" I didn't like their feel as much. Over the years I learned more and could concentrate on the more pure details of purchasing a guitar. I am sure it's the same for everything else. It will be a while until I feel comfortable modding hardware but I will think about that as a future plan. The H shifter is something I actually put my eye on :)

Ace Pumpkin and Andy-R like this.
  8. Dust Devil

Dust Devil Rookie

There's so much to go over, it's pretty overwhelming but thank you for providing these great links.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

probably some cases where you cant use seperate (do your research before buying for sure) but a lot of hardware is standalone. the G27 and T500 pedals plug into the wheel hub but you can buy standalone pedals and plug them directly into usb on your pc. i think the G27 is a good starter wheel and its great that it comes with an h shifter. the pedals are the weakest point of that package imo but you can always buy a brake spring from GTEye or others for cheap until you can afford to upgrade.

Dust Devil likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

T500 and G25/27 pedals can be used with an adapter as an usb standalone.
    If you plan to purchase the T500 ( a good wheel for its price with descent pedals ) you should by this mod also. http://www.basherboards.com/T500RS-BMK
    Puts the pedals in the holy load cell range. I use them, and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Dust Devil likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Welcome aboard!

Tiago Lima likes this.
  13. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Hi amigo and welcome!

Fun tims in front of you :)

Enjoy! :)

14. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to you!

I am still pretty new to the forum but I think it's nice.

About the material question, all I can say is to give you my own experience : I have a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GT3 and I am very happy with it.
    The only issue is his pedals (2 pedals pretty cheap and with a basic feeling) ... But I have order on the Thrustmaster website the T3pa Pro add-on and it much much better (with the conical rubber mode personnaly, which is not among the T500 box)

15. Welcome to the wonderful world of Assetto Corsa, Dust Devil. I just have one comment to make.......the Japanese Pack is well worth the ridiculously low number of pennies required for a purchase ;)

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Dust Devil welcome to the dark side fellow Canadian, there is a lot to learn and enjoy, one important aspect for me , that raised my enjoyment in using driving/racing simulator is paying attention to proper FOV and positioning myself in relation to the screen.
    This site: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/
    Has a lot of good information.

bgil66 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Welcome to the forum. As long as you dont critize anything most people will treat you good. See you on the track!

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  18. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to this great community, enjoy your stay here!:)

19. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

I too once dreamed about owning said Crazy Insane Motion Simulator.

Then i got down to earth and realized the commercial units are CRAZY expensive with quite the profit margin for said mfg.

So DIY it is. 1200$ later i Had 3dof motion Rig with the third Axis being Traction loss.

Your not at this stage yet, but dont let the Sheer dollar amount of commercial stuff scare you away.

When you are ready, come find me and the boys over @ http://www.xsimulator.net/community/ we can take it from there.

Link to Rig Build

Ace Pumpkin and Cote Dazur like this.
  20. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Get an oculus rift over triple screens. It's the biggest improvement in sim racing since the steering wheel and pedals.

21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I say, go your own way. Make yourself comfortable, then decide.
    Did I get it right, you are totally new to racing on computers? If so, don't let you push too far. Get acquainted first. Then look at the community.
    Most of it: have fun