1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Helmet Visor View

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chargingcar, Dec 5, 2013.

1. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Hi Guy,s
    After Playing on Project CARS , And AC I feel A Little let Down by not Having a Helmet Visor Cam View?
    Or is this Just me .
    This is Supposed to be The best Racing Simulator out There and for me not To Race in this View Had me Looking over the Last Week for a Racing Helmet on Ebay lol.

The Best feature in my Personal opinion on pCars is the Helmet Cam adds real feeling and makes me feel just a Tiny bit Closer to actually Racing on a Track , I can not Understand Some of the python structure to add a App to the Game So Please Guys just make a App for this Game:)
    maxresdefault.jpg

BMASTER likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Hot Virtual Lap Helmet Visor in Interlagos, Circuit, Brazil Nov 7, 2017
    Screens & Videos Virtual Lap Helmet Real Visor - F1 Monza + Screeshots Aug 31, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus 98t cockpit glass overlapping helmet visor Oct 23, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Update: VisorX v2.4 and VisorXForce v1.0.5 - Real helmet / visor app, internal driver view Apr 1, 2014
    Liveries RELEASE v1.0: Real helmet / visor mod - beta, internal driver view Mar 29, 2014
    3D car models Helmet, driver and visor default textures for each decade Nov 19, 2013
    ACC Virtual Reality Helmet cam without G forces? May 20, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Here is a solution to (temporary) remove the helmet in helmet view in VR Jun 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Helmet View Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Virtual mirror in helmet view Mar 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR5 does not work with Helmet & Front views! Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Alpine GT4 Helmet view Nov 10, 2020
    ACC User Interface Who know how the Helmet view behaves? Oct 28, 2020

3. juuppie

juuppie Racer

your are tottaly right charging
    i am always play with helmetview when availebel
    it adds more intense to the game
    too bad i cannot make apps;)

BMASTER likes this.
  4. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I Have the ideas but sometimes can not make things happen hopefully someone can make the app should be simple enough its not reading no data just adding graphics to the game ,
    It would need to have the code for all screen sizes like 1280x720p and so on ;)

5. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

That was Some seriously strange Use of capital Letters...

But yeah it would rock to use a helmet with visor, especially when driving in VR!

6. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

@chargingcar, I've moved this to the suggestion forum.. could be a cool idea.

VenturexGaming likes this.
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Thank You for that Fred,
    I really hope that this gets Brought into the Game even as a Standard App with basic detail,
    This would allow users to easily Create there own Visor for them self Would be awesome Feature that I think that Every one would enjoy ,

I myself have been looking into trying to create the App but have little understanding on the Python structure but learning little bits off Youtube Vids.

But if there was A Visor App created by Kunos I would much prefer to use this as Some Apps I have downloaded from the Forum have crashed the.axe
    I think that this is Due to people using different versions of Python not too sure.

Anyway thanks again for that and really Hope that You Guy,s come through for us Gamers once again:)

8. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

LOL I know just get carried away sometimes:)

9. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

But the screen you showed above is not what you see when you wear an helmet, I can barely see the side of mine when I'm wearing it ;)

10. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

That is just an example to show what I was trying to explain about it and the picture is from Pcars ,
    Obviously it would be nice to have some kind of drivers visor view each player could then make it how they prefer it ,
    But to be honest it feels awesome driving that view and once you have experienced it theres no going back ,
    Would be great just to even have the choice to even use it , On rfactor I have seen different versions where it looks more real compared to Pcars. :)

11. I would like the developers to put a helmet on, and find out exactly what you see and make that helmet move a tad when getting g forces etc. It would be so cool to sit in a helmet view driving around and actually not having to lean in real life hahaha

chargingcar likes this.
  12. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

I've not this problem..I wear a helmet during drive..!!

Fred Joseph likes this.
  13. pclipse

pclipse Racer

you must be a race car driver.

14. fratennis109

fratennis109 Gamer

unfortunally I drive race cars only 2 or 3 weekends per month..! but I usually wear helmet when I drive on my pc too..! my girlfriend believes I'm totally mad

15. pclipse

pclipse Racer

Yea that's weird, but whatever floats your boat right..

VenturexGaming likes this.