1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Help with ergonomics

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by oik01, Feb 19, 2017.

1. oik01

oik01 Rookie

So I got back to sim racing after having to stop because of severe knee pain. 2 days into trying this again, my knee is acting up again. I had stopped for 3 months and was fine even playing basketball twice weekly without problems. I have the g29 which has unrealistically hard brakes so this time around I switched out the springs and put the clutch springs on my brake to make it easier to press. I still get severe left knee pain if I play for more than 30 minutes or so. Any one with a similar problem? Im now thinking it might be my actual setup. I sit on a very low couch in front of the tv. The wheel is mounted on a simple plastic table and my pedals rest below that with my knees having a slightest bend.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Position and Ergonomics Feb 20, 2022

3. Not an expert, but I guess the lower your seat, the more you shoud lean your pedals plate towards you. If you cant lean the pedals, sit on something higher. This should allow your ankle to do a good part of the work now done by your knee. Good luck!

4. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

Have you taken out that little rubber piece in the brake pedal?

5. oik01

oik01 Rookie

Will try it tonight sitting on a cushion I guess and let you know ... this is how my setup looks now ... the pedal is already slightly inclined towards me but I see how my ankle isn't doing most of the work 20170219_174401.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

6. oik01

oik01 Rookie

Yes, rubber piece is out and the brake spring is replaced w the softer clutch spring ...

7. oik01

oik01 Rookie

So I'm experimenting now and noticed that when pressing down on the throttle, I can do so easily with my ankle. For the brake, the radius of rotation seems to be bigger than my foot so that I can't press down with my ankle but actually have to extend my knee/ leg... is that normal? ( also the brake is closer to me than the throttle) Does anyone else have the same issue? Any fixes?

8. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

At a guess I would say, raise the pedals or lower your seating position. Tilt pedals back to reduce the ankle rotation. This will help to push forward on the brake, instead of down. Good luck.

9. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Use your right foot for brake and throttle

10. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

This is what I'm also thinking perhaps with a racing seat it would be a better position .

Kembro likes this.
  11. Sohail_16

Sohail_16 Gamer

Unless you're in a open wheel car or rally car....

12. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Or if you're playing a video game and can possibly cause further injury to yourself after already missing 3 months. Theres no guarantee that changing his play position or buying an expensive playseat is going to help his particular situation. Obviously he has a problem, luckily its not affecting his everyday life but something is definitely wrong and i would see a doctor before i would continue to do anything that could make it worse.

Sohail_16 likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

edit: Saw that my answer was pretty much the exact same as a previous suggestion.

Cant u use tape and put some piece of wood or something to get the brake pedal closer to you, so you get the same final position when pushing that as your throttle?

14. oik01

oik01 Rookie

Thanks for the help everyone. I followed your advise and tried the lower seats and different pedal positions but it still hurt. Saw a sports medicine doctor yesterday who told me I have IT band syndrome and PFPS. Will need rehab and to strengther my gluteus, quads, and to stretch my IT band ... Im trying those exercises and will see how it goes. Will keep you updated in case someone else had the same issue

Nwg likes this.