1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Help with my Motec suspension Histogram?

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Rip, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Rip

Rip Gamer

New to Motec but want to learn the suspension setup at the very least, see my Histogram below, what is needed to fix it? I've watched a load of YT vids and can't seem to get the bars to move how I want. Looking at the current chart what should I be doing to bring the peak and overall down a bit in the fronts? (assuming I'm aiming for about 12%) and how do I make the rears a bit more pointy? (Am I aiming for 12% peak again on the rears?)

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Help with flat suspension histograms - MOTEC May 3, 2020
    ACC Tools Motec i2 Pro Math Equations not Working Dec 13, 2023
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Tools Motec i2 pro software - track analysis didn't show up the track map May 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Physics New bumpstop in motec Apr 24, 2022
    ACC General Discussions MoTeC, a Journey: Getting The Most From Data Analysis Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Physics problem geting bumpstops porsche gt4 on motec May 20, 2021
    ACC Physics (SOLVED) Motec log file empty (was, most of it still is though) Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Physics MoTeC Question: adjusting offsets of corner/section of different laps Mar 8, 2021
    ACC Physics Motec behaves strangely Feb 21, 2021
    ACC Physics Motec data file output incorrect Feb 17, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Motec files incorrect lap information Feb 15, 2021
    ACC Physics Would someone be willing to share a Motec file? Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Physics Alien Motec Data? Oct 9, 2020

3. Rip

Rip Gamer

Been having a real hard time trying to nail down exactly how to get the bars to move up and down. I've watched a load of YT videos and some of them contradict eachother.

I've done 200 laps of Imola and one minute I have to lower slow rebound in game to get the slow rebound bars on the graph to go up and the next minute I have to raise slow rebound in game to get the bars on the graph to go up so it seems the rules keep changing. The same goes for wheel rate, one minute when I raise it in game it raises the middle bar of the graph and the next minute it lowers the middle bar. I was trying to put '+' and '-' symbols on the arrows on my graphic below so I knew whether I had to + in game or - in game in order to get the bars to go in the direct of the arrows but as I said it just keeps changing. If anyne can with 100% confidence tell me which arrows should have a plus symbol and which should have minus symbol to make the bars go in the direction of the arrows then I'd greatly appreciate it.

[​IMG]

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Recommend forgetting histograms even exist

Dewald Nel likes this.
  5. Rip

Rip Gamer

lol, that would be ideal but when I accidentally managed to get decent looking bell curves my laptimes did actually get faster and the car most definitely gave me a lot more confidence to put it where I want it without it sliding about.

6. BluuSpydeR

BluuSpydeR Gamer

Try lowering the rear fast bump and fast rebound. then raise the rear slow bump and rebound. Maybe that gets rid of that binomial character. It's an indication of a digressive type curve vs. a progressive type curve.

7. Rip

Rip Gamer

I think I've lost the setup now that creates that particular Histogram but I'll whip up another one tomorrow afternoon so we can work on that.

8. BluuSpydeR

BluuSpydeR Gamer

[​IMG]
    This is a typical graph that indicates too much fast bump.

9. Rip

Rip Gamer

That goes along with what I have learned so far but sometimes I find that +/- fast bump can make that graph better but also sometimes worse. When I get a min this week after work if I do some laps and post a histogram, would you be able to give me a few pointers to fix it which I'll implement and then post the histogram again so we can see the changes. And my God those two top graphs look perfect!

10. BluuSpydeR

BluuSpydeR Gamer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would say just start out with all fast bump and fast rebound at zero (in ACC), then just add them in as needed. And, sometimes just because the histogram looks good, doesn't always mean it will drive the best. Depends a lot on the car and track.

11. Rip

Rip Gamer

I'll give that a go, thanks. And yeah I totally realize that the Histograms are very subjective but I just wanted to get the hang of manipulating them how I want so I can then build on it.

12. Manic_Driver

Manic_Driver Racer

I wrote a big long post about dampers here: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...e-most-from-data-analysis.69903/#post-1202566

If you remove filtering it will lower the graph because it introduces more hi-speed data. If it's still too tall for your tastes and changing damper settings doesn't work, try softening the suspension springs. At the end of the day though, I wouldn't make such a drastic change just to get a nice looking histogram without taking into consideration all the other things that can happen when you soften a suspension.

Also how you look at your histogram matters a lot too. I set mine to 200 mm/s as my max +/- range, which will affect how tall it looks. More important is the distribution numbers up top. I go over all this in my post.

nikolai_grudinin likes this.
  13. Rip

Rip Gamer

Brilliant thank you, I've just got my wheel back from an RMA so I'll take a look at it again.