1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Old 67 Spa = Fake exaggerated physical mesh along with obvious very sensitive dead zone on his setup = thinking its realistic to Spin the car with 2 degrees steering lock @ 150mph.

[​IMG]

liakjim likes this.
  2. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

Then it's only an effect what you feel on rF2, you can totally disable it for example from the controller.ini:
    "Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",

There is the same effect on AC, the street effect. Put it on an high value, take the Lotus 49 and do a run on a bumpy track like Bridgehampton, same result.

3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Grow up you insecure little boy!!

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Cool! Where is it in AC?

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I can see him working the weight transfer here.

marmagas likes this.
  6. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

I see only a lot of understeer, and some little oversteer caused for not doing heel and toe.
    Street effects, in the controls options.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

You're right. He's got some crunchy shifts there but you can clearly see him working with weight transfer even in the corners he's not shifting in. You can see when he brakes before the car has settled straight on all four tires. It thows him off center and he has to steer to get it back.

marmagas likes this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

This happens to AC all the time ( which is kept also in over the slip area while in rf2 tyres collapse into plastic )

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

baronesbc likes this.
  9. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

Yep, and the same you can do on AC ;)

10. SimMan

SimMan Racer

Rfactor 2 has it all

It just needs a good polish ( dx11 etc )

Studio 397 I'm hoping will deliver this polish. ( as well as vr compatibility )

marmagas and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  11. 5hitm4k3r

5hitm4k3r Rookie

Hehe, that story shows exactly why I love rF2, and maybe a few other nerds on this planet. Racing isn't easy and racing doesn't mean to jump in a car and be fast in five minutes. A big part of racing is working on your driving and setup, understanding the car and to get a feel for how the car and track changes. And this is where the word "Racing Simulation" gets a whole different meaning with rF2 compared to other softwares on the market. If you are the type of person, who wants to get initialy hooked and have fun for 30 minutes then rF2 isn't clearly a product for you. And there is nothing wrong to acknoledge it, that some people don't have the time to invest hours to find a good setup with a single car and track combination. It's the same with shooter games: some people want to play a quick TDM in Battlefield and some want to get sucked into ArmA. To explain the whole concept I will tell you a little story:

About two weeks ago I got a new GFX card and I wanted to test, whether I get a better experience in AC. So I spent nearly three hours or more with the Porsche 911 RSR on Black Cat county and it was an immersive experience. The track looked great, the car felt decent and I think, I can just recommend this combination for some quick fun rounds. But I got to a point where I got bored, because the AI at 100 % is pretty weak and there comes a point when there is no challenge anymore. On the opposite side I created my own race weekend in rF2 for my own Bathurst 12 hours - offline at 105% AI difficulty with the Apex GT3 mod and the 3PA Mount Panorama. I set a realsitic race start time at 5:45, time scale at 5x, fuel and tire usage at 5x and the real road scale at 5x too. My race length was 2:24 and I set my weather options to random weather, wich is basicly a rain preset with 50% rain chance. So I started working on my setup throughout the practice session for mixed conditions, to later qualify in the top ten and to get in the race. Qualifiying was a bit of a gamble with the mixed condistions. Throughout the race it was fantastic to see the sun rising and setting, to see rain come and go allways an eye on the trackmap plugin to check the development of the weather and the constant need to stay concentrated and to allways focus on the right desicions, when stuff like safety car or weather changes happened. Do I make a pitstop right now or not under yellow? Do I repair my damage and lose some time in the pits or do I sacrifice some time on track? Do I add additional rear wing for raining conditions and sacrifice my top speed? How long will my rain tyres last in drying conditions? Do I leave the dry line to overtake? Should I cool my tyres on wet parts of the track? You feel the constant grip change as tyre behaviour and the track condition has direct impact on FFB. All this happens while being on track surrounded by competend AI and as much as some people want to deny it: no other sim on the market will give you that experience. In most sims you will get stuck in a fancy looking menu trying to set up that combo. This is not to say, that I don't have fun with other sims. But there are situations when I get back to rF2 because all other softwares fall flat on their face, when it comes to actually simulating racing. The discussion about breaks is another nice example: in rF2 I have to setup my break duct size properly on tracks like Montreal, otherwise they will fail still keeping in mind that I will lose topspeed with bigger break ducts. rF2 is so complete in allmost all aspects, that it doesn't bother me that I have to spend a few minutes of loading while spending hours on track, or that I have a less fancy looking UI, wich is otherwise pretty functional and will hopefully get a few more options with the upgrade. Most of the time I go into the kitchen making a coffee while the track is loading, or I play a tune on my guitar. Does it really tickle me, that my game isn't the best looking when I can have a damn immersive experience for hours otherwise, that brings me as close to living motorsport, as I can get in my living room? I guess not. It's moments like these, that you have to feel on your wheel, see on your screen in motion and hear in your ears to realize that you can allmost smell the rain and oil:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  12. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Yup, I'll happily spend hours getting to grips with a sim :) But mostly I just get the odd half hour of free time here and there :(

My point was more that rF2 demands a lot of time and I've no option but to put a few hours into it before it starts to repay me for my time. With AC in particular, I can get stuck in really quickly and enjoy my free half hour driving, more driving and racing. Although I'll happily spend hours shaving a few tenths of a second off my laptimes in any sim, I just wish I could do it more often!

I'm sure rF2 would be more popular if it was more accessible, but that must not be at the expense of depth of simulation.

13. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I can't find 'street effects' in the ini files.

14. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

In the controls options in the game, where there is curb effect ecc.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think baronebc means "road" effects, road or street whatever... same thing :D

vegaguy 5555 and baronesbc like this.
  16. 5hitm4k3r

5hitm4k3r Rookie

I am not sure if rF2 was more popular if it was more accesible. To put it simple, the visuals and sounds aren't the best in rF2, so it has to rely on it's strong parts wich are to a big degree it's complexity and a huge range of functionality. And this allways comes at the cost of accesibility, atleast from my experience. All the simulations I played, from ArmA or OPF, Flightsims to Racing sims, the really complex ones have allways been a nightmare to get into and if you accept this as a natural aspect of complexity, then you will just embrace the strong aspects of a product and see stuff like an overwhelming amount of control options as your freedom of choice. We recently got fuel mixture settings, so you need to implement that in the UI and end up with even more control options. Sure you can streamline stuff or make some detail adjustments, but the UI in ArmA III is still a remnant from OpF, and that for good reasons.

Tbh, I allways find myself in more accesible racings sims while staring at fancy looking UIs and asking myself: "Why is this or that missing or why can't I do that?". Maybe I am just used to the UI and it feels like a second home, but for me it is in some areas easier to use than let's say AC. My experience has allways been a plug'n'play experience with rF2 where I could set up my controls while being in the garage or on track or just removing AI incase I got performance problems or wanted to test on my own where I didn't need to fiddle with ini files or anything to get me driving. Managing mods has never been easier with rF2 - compared to any moddable game I've ever played that I would call it even ground breaking. To switch off the HUD completely I don't have to leave the game and edit an ini or stop my car to arange some HUD elements. I can assign everything to keys on my wheel or a button box or a keyboard and completely up to my taste and preferences. Same goes for using plugins.

In that regard I am really looking forward how Studio 397 keeps the balance of functionaliy vs. accesiblity with their new UI, because that's a huge challenge. Maybe I've just been lucky with rF2, don't know.

Regarding popularity of sims: it's pretty interesting that GPL gets mentioned pretty often, because in terms of popularity and sales it was a big flop. Will be interesting to see how rF2 will be percieved in 20 years? Will it be the sim that had bad visuals or will it be the sim, that had real road, dynamic weather and great functionality to support allmost any kind of racing? Let's see, because in 20 years we will most likely percieve every current sim as ugly looking :)

Fat Rich likes this.
  17. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Ok. Thanks guys.

I tried that but I still don't get the twist and load as the car is flexing over bumps or braking in a corner. Traction values on each tire as the car is leaning do not change but stays flat for me in AC.

I'm still at a "50/50" for I must have something wrong here because you guys don't feel this do you?

I noticed I can drift everything very easily compared to rF2. I can drift the F1 49 very nicely which the car is not designed to at all.
    I can feel the F1 Spark in rF2 twisting and grabbing to go straight, is what an F1 is supposed to do.

Also I am always setting the brakes closer to 50/50 in AC which tells me something is off with weight transfer here.

Sorry for being a bother. I do appreciate everyone's help.:)

18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Sorry for yelling at you! I can appreciate your frustration!

19. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I guess it's familiarity, I still play GPL when I get the chance and if something's not right I'll get stuck in and fix it because I'm familiar with all the modding tools.... I just need to used to rF2's quirks I guess :)

5hitm4k3r likes this.
  20. liakjim

liakjim Alien

After 1.2, there is no hope.

mms and Psit like this.