1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to drift stock cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DubplateJungle, Jun 22, 2019.

1. I want to drift stock cars like the AE86 stock, Spirit R, E92, E30, Supra and basically every car that has not a drift version. Power is not the problem for me, I have trouble with the steering. These cars have too little angle and I often spin out because they feel too "loose" as in, they are on the edge of oversteering & spinning out and they don't stay in the sweet spot like drift cars do such as the Drifty AE86 or Drifty E30. Please guys I'm a weeb who wants to do low angle low smoke low power drifts in the mountain I really need this!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Winter drifting a stock Audi R8 Quattro Jan 16, 2022
    Screens & Videos Yes officer, my civic is stock - Civic drifting Nov 27, 2021
    Screens & Videos Drifting up a parking garage with a stock Porsche 911! Nov 14, 2016
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Physics [1.9] 4 wheel drifts have no FFB Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Drifting Bmw e46 M3 Downhill May 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lock to Horizon Causes Camera Position Drift. May 9, 2022
    Screens & Videos Drift Chevy Impala Apr 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Touge driftin Apr 5, 2022
    Screens & Videos M3's drifting on a rainy day Mar 20, 2022
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - A cinematic Feb 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Z drifting through traffic Feb 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos 5 man tandem - Winter drifting Feb 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos My estonia jump drift Jan 21, 2022
    Screens & Videos Sliding into 2020 | Drifting Cinematic Jan 3, 2022

3. Nao

Nao Alien

AC is really great for low angle drifting when you get a hang of it, so you are on the right track :), but it takes some skills to master.

Firstly lets talk setup, it's not that important but can help you save the car when it would otherwise spin. You want around -1° to -0.5° negative camber rear (live in setup) and as little front camber camber as possible (max positive) - it's not "realistic" but there is solid explanation why this works.
    Then you want optimum tyre pressure front. Rear is more difficult, you want rear tyres to give you the most grip, so don't overpressure them unless car has no power at all like GT86. In general, look at the pressure app and adjust pressures so you are not over pressuring the tyres while drifting. This will vary a lot depending on car, skill, tyre compound track and weather, so it's always something to keep in mind.
    To help the car enter drifts smoothly adjust rear toe toward negative (in live setup). The setup range often isn't big so just throw max negative usually.
    Some cars will be much more difficult to drift than others, for example Spirit R is very hard car to drift smoothly and consistently, while E92 is easy mode. Don't expect setup changes to bring the cars like that in line with each other. Also mountains are unforgiving so for practice you might want to get a hang of a car on drift track.

For other settings: depending on your wheel, crank the FFB up, if you have low strength wheel increase minimum force as well and/or decrease wheel rotation. For example I use 800° (out of 900) for my G27 just to make it more responsive, but you can use even lower values. If you are on pad, then gl can't help you :D.

As for the techniques, normally you'd use handbrake (HB) to help entering drifts but with stock cars there are issues with that, and i'd recommend to practice with no HB usage.
    The two most important things to learn is 1) correct entry speed and 2) accurate countersteer. You want to approach the corner at the fastest speed possible (that you can control), then brake (avoid engaging ABS) and slowly release the pedal and turn in, the car should oversteer into the corner. As the car starts drifting, countersteer - at this point a lot of oversteer comes from brakes while front tyres are starved for grip and unresponsive, so don't be afraid to countersteer a lot, you have to have front wheels pointing in direction of travel as you put the power down to keep the drift.
    It's really important to have enough countersteer to not slide front tyres so when you release the brakes you have full control over the car with just steering. Don't be afraid to do tank-slappers. It's better to bin the car while trying (and learning) to keep front tyres honest, than being slow to turn, have no idea what is happening, but somehow clear the corner.
    Keeping speed high will give you more opportunity to use brakes during entry and that gives more oversteer and earlier countersteer. To be consistent with all that, entry speed is very important. When drifting you have little room to change your line through the corner once you enter it, and that line is completely dependent on entry speed. So likely half the steering issues you will have will come from wrong speed.
    After all Takumi was fast for a reason :). High angle drift might not be quick, but you are not loosing that much grip at low angles, and drifting = being on the limit for the whole corner, which is something some racers can't do properly. So you are basically learning how to race these cars, and it might be good to approach it from that perspective - that is, don't try to "reduce" angles you had while driving Drift spec cars, but "allow more slip" compared to tyring to go as fast as possible. Low angle drifting has more in common with racing than drifting IMHO.

Lastly if you have hard times figuring out what front tyres are doing, you can try finding apps that show tyre slip. Stock dev app, "suspensions" will have it if you wanna try it. (there are other options if you are interested).

gl weeb AYAYA

DubplateJungle and paul_wev like this.