1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Huayra - AC vs Pcars vs GT6 video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lucas - Xtremepsionic, Mar 19, 2014.

1. http://www.virtualr.net/pagani-huayra-three-way-comparison

I hope Kunos have a look at the video, especially the sound. AC's sounds are very accurate, but it sounds almost mono compared to Pcar's stereoness. I really feel like I'm IN the car listening to Pcars, but more like watching a gopro video listening to AC. This is one of the more lackluster part of AC right now. Kunos, you're so close to greatness, hopefully there will be time soon for you to work on the sounds a little bit!

Of course AC's version drives the best of the 3, good job Kunos!

dkwuan and Sputnik like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Pagani Huayra BC & Laguna Seca - Sexy Combo Feb 18, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Huayra BC gear ratios Dec 25, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Pagani Huayra BC DRL not working Dec 23, 2017
    Console Lounge The new pagani huayra BC (sound comparison) Dec 21, 2017
    Console Lounge New Pagani Huayra BC Dec 19, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Bug on Special Event - Pagani Huayra Highland Race Mar 31, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Pagani Huayra Wheel Rim glitch Oct 17, 2016
    Console Lounge pagani huayra not changing gear quickly Sep 9, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Bug - Pagani Huayra Upshift Speed Sep 4, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Pagani Huayra original sound Jun 30, 2016
    Sounds modding Pagani Huayra Sound Mod v0.5 Apr 20, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Huayra multiplayer vs practice/hotlap offline session Apr 4, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Pagani Huayra - Top Gear tyres + Understeer Feb 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus' (and huayra) cars skin colours are washed Nov 19, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Pagani huayra paint "glitch" Nov 6, 2015

3. plaid

plaid Alien

I know what you mean.

But its allready stated, that they on the audio like reimplentation of the reverb. But its no top priority at the moment, as far as I understood.

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Racer

I completely agree, audio is at very low quality at the moment!

P.S. GT6 is a tire squeal simulator!!! lol

using Tapatalk

5. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Also AC sounds a million times better than GT6, but I dont see any mentions of that!

Anuj and dkwuan like this.
  6. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Going to start with a big thank you to Kunos, and then mock both WMD and Polyphonic.. as stated above, GT6 is a tyre squeal simulator, sounds bloody awful.. like a fat american taxi squealing about. Polyphonics you should be ashamed! PCars sounds like a naturally aspirated V6.. with no real definition or character. How do so many professionals get something so wrong, yet a small team manages to capture almost perfectly the essence of the huayras sounds, deep rumbling v12, the descant of the transmission whine topped with the whoosh of those turbos. Really looking forward to the return of reverb to finish it off, but only when you're ready guys.

7. In the change log it did say that the sound was still work in progress

Anuj, dkwuan, Mogster and 1 other person like this.
  8. marlo0081

And it still sounds better than GT6 and PCars. Have to admit that I run an old technics 12 band EQ between pc and amplifier so on the fly tweaks are easy, even so a simple eq just for AC makes a lot of difference.

9. Turk

Turk Alien

The sound is very clean at the moment, it seems technically accurate in that it's representing the revs properly but it needs a bit of dirty rock and roll thrown in for flavour. Reverb, feedback, things rattling, the real cars are almost too much for your ears to take in. The lotus cars still sound like hair dryers to me.

10. marlo0081

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the scura, but without reverb the supercharger stands out too much. But again, good things will come tho those who wait.. patiently

Joao Alves, Anuj and dkwuan like this.
  11. AC has great sounds, more so in some cars than others, its just missing few elements to make them complete. GT6, vacuum cleaners sound annoying, real and virtual.
    pCars... Shift2 had really good sounds and they are just continuing that tradition, their samples come from one of the best in the business as well.

xtremepsionic likes this.
  12. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

Imo interior sounds in AC are great, especially as you turn them up. It's exterior sounds that need the most TLC.

13. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

GT's tire squeal gives me nightmares... That sounds has annoyed me since GT1 and they STILL USE IT!!!.
    the wah-wah effect is the worst part about it....

Its been said before that the audio engine is far from complete.. my impression is that its currently just for noise..

14. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I came here directly from 2 months of playing GT6.
    When I made the jump to AC it was like going from night to day the diference in every aspect of the game, except completness because obviously AC is not finished yet.

The sounds in GT were and still are some of the worst sounds I ever heard in car games I played over the years. And the unrealistic tire squeal must be the most iritating idea they had when they made the sounds in GT. The default AC sounds are miles better that GT, but then I found out I can mod them and that made things even better since then.

P.S. I already made an improvement sound mod for the Huayra internal sounds. No drasting changes, but enough to compensate for the missing parts. Anyway, even though they admit the sounds for this car are not finished yet, they pretty much nailed it.
    I should probabaly upload them tomorrow, after I do more tests.

dkwuan likes this.
  15. Juutas

Juutas Racer

Assetto Corsa's Huayra has windscreen wiper in different position than Pcars or GT6. Which one is correct?

16. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

GT6 one was correct but it has already been fixed in AC.

Something different: can somebody explain to me, what those reverb effects are everybody is talking about? I really dont know :/

17. RobB

RobB Rookie

Its not a competition , its about trying to get AC to be the best it can be , until some areas are shown to be lacking you cant make it the best it can be , criticism is a good thing when developing something .

18. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

Very much looking forward to the reverb, and doppler effects being added back into the game. That will make the car/engine sounds come to life. I need some tracks with very long tunnels so I can wide open throttle my car and have an eargasm. Sex to my ears! :)

19. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

I can see your point of view, but I do not agree!
    If we want to make AC (or any other sim) the best it can be, we can only compare it to real life.

Any other comparison, between competitors, is only a competition of who has gone the furthest!
    In that view, even though AC sound is not at its full potential yet, it still is above average.

Nahkamarakatti and Enzo Martin like this.
  20. TAnker737

TAnker737 Rookie

Before anything Kunos your the best and thank you for making such a insanely amazing sim.
    Ok now the criticism :)
    I feel like the high frequencies are being rolled off, it seem very muddy to me.
    Everything is clipping so it feels condensed with no dynamic range at all, so if I want to turn up the volume it feels like white noise (without the highs).
    To be honest I feel like most sims are way behind on the audio front. I heard really good things about RRR but I haven't really tried it.

EDIT: oh this is just interior BTW.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  21. plaid

plaid Alien

This. Somehow it seems almost impossible to get this right. However, if i see the small sizes of audio-files in videogames it should be no wonder, while it doesnt sound so bad in other genres/kind of sounds. Some FLAC? :D