1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

HUGE fps issues

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by JohnSousa, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JohnSousa

JohnSousa Rookie

After coming from Project Cars, and waiting month`s for Assets Corsa, I was expecting to be BLOW AWAY at minimum with this simulator...

Instead, my HONEST first impression was like WTF are this graphics? I mean seriously? DEVS, I was not expecting, the same level graphics on Xbox ONE as PC (by far), but all I can see are jaggies all over the place!

How is that possible? Don`t you guys have quality control?

A LOT MORE worst than that: The FPS for this simulator are horrible. In fact it seems like a joke.

I read a lot of times, that this game was aiming 60 Fps! I`m right or I`m wrong?

In fact, I really don`t care if a racing game/simulator runs at 30 fps.. I really don`t.

But Asseto Corsa in Xbox One really seems that run at 20 fps... maybe 10fps at times!

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, the constant stuttering of the image.... the fps are all over the place!

Who made that decision? Really?

I`m huge fan of Sim Racing games, I come from Rfactor, IRacing and so one... and let me tell you, this was NOT acceptable. Honestly I prefer 25 constant FPS (25 fps!!!!) instead of the thing that this version for Xbox ONE offers.

I hope the Devs, read this message, and take it very seriously, because things like this, can ruin a franchise/brand. Assets Corsa for XBOX ONE, in this precise moment is almost impossible to play. It really hurts the eyes.

Thank you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series X: Huge FPS drops after Patch 1.7 May 1, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fps huge drop in last lap Apr 24, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge FPS Impact w/ PP Filter ON Nov 15, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Huge FPS drops and CPU usage warning Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Huge loss of FPS after hotfix Sep 14, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Launcher doesn't work after quitting a race+huge fps drops. Dec 7, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Huge improvement in FPS Nov 4, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge FPS drops (Rift CV1) Aug 1, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge fps drop in 1.3.3. unplayable. Oct 20, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge loss of fps during replays Oct 19, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fps drops from around 120 to 40-60, with some huge lag Sep 1, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Huge fps drop 0.22 Aug 29, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge FPS (80 to 3) after 6,5 laps May 29, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Huge fps drop with 5 or more AIs. Maximum visible car numbers please.... May 19, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Huge Fps Drops and Stutter May 14, 2014

3. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I don't get this forum.

Someone posts a legitimate problem and long time members jump down their throats abusing them.

The FPS problems on the Xbox version are enough to kill this game off, 5 customer reviews on amazon uk so far: three 1 stars, two 2 stars and a single 5 star.

4. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Yeah, I got that reaction too. Instead they blamed it on the chase can view and called me an arcade fan boy. Fact is, I don't actually race with chase cam.

tommy corsa likes this.
  5. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi - Firstly, we hear you with regards to the FPS on Xbox One. Our team are fully aware that there is an issue here and have been working behind the scenes on a fix, which you can expect early next week.

6. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Well that's good to know , but I find it staggering that this was not noticed prior to release.

It happens after multiplayer and continues onto to single btw.

tommy corsa likes this.
  7. BobTheDog

Nice one, thanks for the info.

tommy corsa likes this.
  8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Not a problem! Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Guido Trampe likes this.
  9. gregack

gregack Racer

This isn't helpful at all.:confused: I'm no consoler but the FPS/tearing-issues seem to be pretty serious, many players complain.
    Maybe the the release-date really was too early...
    It hurts to see, that so many are very unhappy and disappointed with my favourite Sim :(
    Kunos has to do something immediatly! Let's hope the patch next week will fix the main issues.

tommy corsa, WagnumPI and monkiusz like this.
  10. I've read the OP twice and nothing in the post deserved your reaction.

The console version has some serious problems. Some elitist PC players really should get of their high horse.

OP is a customer who spent his hard earned cash to buy the game. He has a right to complain.

@BobTheDog: The behavior in this forum isn't anything special. The official Project Cars, Dirt and Forza forums are not that different.

11. Seb007

Seb007 Gamer

i think on Singelplayer it´s run very smooth, even on Nordschleife with 16 Cars.
    But when i go online on Multiplayer it´s bad und after left a session even the singelplayer runs bad
    when i start the game new then it is good again

plastikman66 likes this.
  12. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

I found only a hard reset fixes it. Very strange issue.

MonK3Y likes this.
  13. ETatWAR

ETatWAR Gamer

The driving is amazing but I can't enjoy it because of the extremely bad lagging frame rate, it's worse then it was as pitstop on my Commodore 64.The handling feels so good, love fxx k but I can't race because of the frame rate even single player with just 4 cars. Don't see them easily fix this in a weekend and I can't believe nobody noticed before release. It's missing lots of stuff and options that I don't care about I love the handling but it's unplayable for now.

tommy corsa likes this.
  14. BobTheDog

The best framerate seems to be with the bonnet cam or the cam with no car in it at all.

15. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Yes its annoying. I cant play multiplayer as slowly but surely it just gets worse and worse. About 10 mins tops and i need to reset.

16. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

dont worry guys, the Kunos team are super passionate about this game and have looked after the PC community for years now so without doubt you'll get the same treatment on console. Please be patient as i expect they'll be working round the clock to get this sorted for you, much smaller dev team than your average game developer...

17. But how could you release a game like this in the first place? Are you pretending that you didn't know it was going to be like this? I think we all want to know your answer to that

18. JohnSousa

JohnSousa Rookie

The problem is not only the low frame rate. I played some sims that runs at 30 fps are are "Ok". The problem with Asseto Corsa (at least for Xbox ONE), is that the frame rate is really strange...it jumps...

You start playing the game,at 50 fps or so.... then in the next second is at 15 fps... then... is 60fps....then comes to 25fps.... that with the stuttering with the jaggies... it`s really really bad.

That is not acceptable. Hope the patch solve this.

ETatWAR and tommy corsa like this.
  19. tommy corsa

tommy corsa Rookie

i hope so too i was waiting for so long

20. IzNoGood_NO

IzNoGood_NO Rookie

Exactly the same problem on PS4, droping frames massively !!! The screen tearing is olways present....
    One of the many examples, try to take the last 3 corners on Catalunya gp ??? The frame rate will kill you...... any contact with grass , sand
    or smoke and frames are falling down to a level where you can not play normally
    We are all hope that problems will be resolved quickly, because it is impossible to play this way. I think that you've made a simulation with excellent pedigree, excellent physics . You are felt the best from the others what real racing driver need,
    but you have to access to a very serious problem and solving it !!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  21. Deckard2028

Deckard2028 Rookie

I can't say I've had any framerate issues on PS4. The screen tearing is awful though.