1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I bought a new system for AC...and it was worth it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Apr 11, 2014.

1. BTW Barry, forgot to add. Congrats on the new rig! The 4770k has treated me good as well. Its amazing the difference a quality machine makes in terms of smoothness and immersion of the game

2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that's wasn't my intention,
    but it's funny that's it's coming from you, who started this " hey look how big my .. .is ... " you know? what irony

I'm glad you're enjoying your upgrade, I'm not trying to take it away from you, but your OP statement to me sounds incorrect,

3. matt1314

matt1314 Rookie

Congrats on the new rig, I upgraded mine as well a few months ago. Got my GTX 680 sold for a new GTX 780 Ti.

4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Thanks, guys.

Patrik, if you think that was my intention in starting this thread, you are even more tone-deaf than you appear. And you are in a minority of one so do yourself a big favour and leave before you say anything else stupid.

petesky likes this.
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

sigh, whatever ,

not sure why you can't accept the statement "state of the art" is wrong, but sure, enjoy your pc

if it wasn't your intention to show off, then I'm sorry, but don't call me stupid , or saying stupid things (there isn't a single one thing I said that is stupid , if you can't take it that's not my problem) , that just shows your true colors/intentions with this thread
    you were simply wrong, but if you can't accept that that's fine,
    doesn't matter to me

Shaddix likes this.
  6. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

this definitely wouldve been a system seller for me, luckily i built a new pc right after this came out.
    you should put you ac settings in your signiture, it helps devs and the community help you better if you run into problems, and i think the recommended cube map is about 4 your pc should handle it, pretty sure. welcome and have fun!!!

ps. and with that rig you definitely want to get a wheel :)

7. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

i bet its the cpu, i noticed everybody having issues have older cpus, im running 4th gen i5 and its solid even with a 650 ti

the ops just exited about his new rig like i was(we all were), and his system is nothing to sneeze at...i always wanted to say that:D

8. ApocalypseZA

ApocalypseZA Racer

Can someone explain to me what "face per frame" mean if 6 is what it should be because I can't go above 1 or I get like 10FPS.

9. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Congrats on the new PC bud I've done the same just for AC,only a gtx770 to add ..
    ;)

10. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Congrats on your new PC Strummer, May she last you 10 years of enjoyment.

acs 200fps.jpg
    ^^^^ FOV=74, Converted all the car(s) and Cloud textures from 32bit,24bit to DXT5, saves on average 500Mb of vram.
    which is good if I ever want to down sample 2560X1600 to my native res.

42"LG Plasma TV 1360X768

Here`s my edited settings,

F:\My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini

Code:
    [VIDEO]
    FULLSCREEN=1
    ANISOTROPIC=16
    AASAMPLES=8
    VSYNC=0
    AAQUALITY=2
    SHADOW_MAP_SIZE=1024
    DISABLE_HDR=0
    FPS_CAP=0
    WIDTH=1360
    HEIGHT=768
    INDEX=87
    REFRESH=59

[CAMERA]
    MODE=DEFAULT

[EFFECTS]
    MOTION_BLUR=0
    FXAA=6
    SMOKE=3
    RENDER_SMOKE_IN_MIRROR=1

[CUBEMAP]
    SIZE=512
    FACES_PER_FRAME=3
    FARPLANE=50

[MIRROR]
    SIZE=512
    HQ=1

[ASSETTOCORSA]
    HIDE_ARMS=0
    LOCK_STEER=0
    WORLD_DETAIL=5
    HIDE_STEER=0

[SATURATION]
    LEVEL=75

[CENTER_SCREEN]
    LEFT_POINT=-0.5,1
    RIGHT_POINT=0.5,1
    Anyhoo, Enjoy:)

Charlie Simpson

11. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Pretty low graphics settings you got there with that beefy rig, no wonder the fps are so high, I suggest to crank up those settings, 200fps it's just a wasted horsepower.

12. How much stronger of a card is the GTX770 4GB than my 6950 2GB?

I'm only using single monitor and want ultra smooth 60 fps with as much as possible turned on.

I have the ultra smooth 60 fps now but barely have anything on (and it still looks beautiful)

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Michael how much fps you get with V-sync off in hotlap mode?

14. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

single 42" 120Htz monitor
    You must be running on pretty high resolution:rolleyes:

15. I need to change that because now I am back on my 27"......both of them are 1920x1080 though.

16. mr_loczek

mr_loczek Rookie

I want change my rig soon so I've got question for you Strummer. How many FPS do you have in race with 24 opponents?

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

In this comparison there is 6970 but the difference is still big. Depends on the title though.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1061?vs=1037

18. Somebody somewhere is about to get a heck of a deal on two 6950's....If crossfire worked I would be fine but as it stands right now one 6950 is barely cutting it and this is the second update in a row I've had to lower settings to stay smooth.

Does the 4GB 770 have Shadowplay?

19. dangerscouse

dangerscouse Gamer

Congrats on the new pc op..am in a similar position in upgrading just for AC but holding off until mp gets underway. Atm am getting upto 170fps hotlapping, granted res is only 1366x768 but it still looks pretty. Am optimistic mp wont add to much load and with 4 kids to feed..gotta be frugal..sigh. egg and chips for a month though if it comes to it

FishforRent likes this.