1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I got bored

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by survivor91, Nov 27, 2015.

1. survivor91

survivor91 Gamer

ITALIANO:

Fin da quando è uscito Assetto Corsa, sono stato uno dei più attivi a giocare in multiplayer e lo dimostrano le quasi 800 ore passate esclusivamente online. Assetto Corsa mi ha regalato fin dal primo giorno sensazioni di guida stupende come non lo sa fare nessun altro simulatore in circolazione, al massimo uno o due ci vanno vicino. Tutti quelli che fino ad ora hanno giocato esclusivamente online come me, sapranno senza ombra di dubbio che con Assetto Corsa, 6 volte su 10, non si riesce a terminare una gara, o svolgerla in maniera normale, per tanti motivi che non sto qui ad elencare. Questa situazione l'ho sopportata per tutti questi mesi sperando sempre che prima o poi avrebbero aggiustato i problemi. Giunti al giorno 27/11/2015 ho deciso definitivamente di abbandonare Assetto Corsa e passare su iRacing perché penso che ormai la Kunos Simulazioni non è in grado di risolvere i tanti punti deboli del gioco, e personalmente mi sono stufato di giocare agli autoscontri o a chi lagga di più. Sono consapevole che con iRacing dovrò sborsare un sacco di soldi ma siccome sono un giocatore che ama gareggiare in un certo modo, non c'è alternativa migliore.

ENGLISH:

Ever since I came out Assetto Corsa, I have been one of the busiest in play multiplayer and is demonstrated by the nearly 800 hours spent exclusively online. Assetto Corsa gave me from day driving sensations wonderful as it can do no other simulator in circulation, at most one or two of us go by.All those who until now have played exclusively online like me, will know without a doubt that with Assetto Corsa, 6 out of 10 times, you can not finish a race, or carry it out in a normal way, for so many reasons that I'm here to list. This situation I endured for all these months always hoping that sooner or later would have adjusted the problems. Joints a day 27.11.2015 I finally decided to abandon Assetto Corsa and pass on iRacing because I think now the Kunos Simulations is not able to solve the many weak points of the game, and personally I'm tired of playing bumper cars or who lags more.I am aware that I will have to shell out iRacing with a lot of money but since I'm a player who likes to compete in a certain way, there is no better alternative.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What have you got Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ps4 pro players..forgotten ? Feb 21, 2022
    General modding discussion General questions,just got started with modding Nov 1, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Error I got in Assetto Corsa Sep 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface not every setup property has got a help description afais Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Three cars in a row got DT penalty Jun 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Finally Got A XSX Jun 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I raced in Competition Server and got 0 CP Mar 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Got update but quick question. Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DD1 oscilates Wheel like mad on straights [RESOLVED - Forgotten custom LUT file messing about] Jan 23, 2021
    Screens & Videos The GTX 1050ti still got it in 2021? Jan 15, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Hi can someone can help? When i wanna click on "Assetto Corsa" then i got an error of "Asseto Corsa" Dec 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Entrylist-Bug (Driverswap) after a driver got crash/disconnect Aug 8, 2020

3. Koppel

Koppel Gamer

I agree that Kunos should start adding exitement to the online gameplay. Some global ranking system, servers with no access to lower score players, events.
    Maybe they are just counting on people to create some mods to take care of all this.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

That mino app (that name may be wrong) basically does ranking.

The bottom line is we're not going to get iRacing services for what we paid. If Kunos wanted to bring out a rated system with a monthly fee I'd have no problem with it. I don't think I'd go for it though.

The thing about AC is that anyone can add these features. AC is open and modifiable to be whatever people want it to be. We can't really expect Kunos to have game content that matches games that have been around for decades and built up some great mods. That takes time. We can't expect them to match iRacing, who charge a monthly fee to cover the costs of such a service.

Kunos have given us the platform to add the features we want without lumping a load of features onto people that will never use them.

I'll say it again, I always race through racedepartment and I've never experienced wreckers and everyone takes it seriously with respect to other drivers.

Mogster and Horus like this.
  5. P Gora

P Gora Gamer

i did the same. if simracing is one of your biggest hobbys than there is no alternative at the moment but iR. im over 7 years into online racing and have given a try every title on the market. iR costs but there is nothing better if we talk about online racing... but still waiting. maybe someday ac or another game catch it up.

Wysłane z tapatalk

Patrik Marek likes this.
  6. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Unfurtunatelly I must agree with you when you say that it looks like kunos can't fix the baseline problems with AC (see netcode or AI). If this huge things are not getting sorted out it's pointless to add other needed features (and I'm talking about big things like first gear at start or split time in multiplayer)

7. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not a matter of catching up. iRacing have chosen a particular business model. One that's very niche, last I heard they had 60,000 users, which is small and shows why their costs are so high and that's why other companies aren't following iRacings leed.

I'd agree though, if you want a ranked online racing sim, iRacing seems to have an excellent service. If that's what you want, use iRacing. It doesn't particularly appeal to me, while I wouldn't be opposed to something like this being introduced it's not a make or break feature for me.

8. Horus

Horus Alien

No need to choose, use them all.

edit: If you want clean racing join an ALOOG server we take it personally if a wrecker joins the servers and with Minorating installed you are assured wreckers will not be around long.

p.s. 800 hours is like a walk in the park, some here have over 2000 hours.

www.aloog.net

9. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Assetto Corsa will never get better public servers than other racing sims do .... as it's always been so in all sims for years. !
    AC is not responsible for unfair drivers, wreckers, irresponsible drivers on track ... and so on .... it's just the mentality of some drivers online for who everything is good to win and if they know they cannot win ... prefer and get pleasure by ruining the other driver's race !

It's been years since I ever joined a public server .... much more fair-play and racing pleasure in leagues or racing clubs ( as at RD for example ).

It's not a publicity but well a pure observation of what's regurlarly ( even mostly ) happening.
    Only public servers with Minorating working may offer a better online experience.

baloche, RedLoto, Horus and 3 others like this.
  10. kevje

kevje Racer

800 hours is not a walk in the park, thats a good amount of time spent. 2000 hours played is practically addict level, theres a difference :D

Yeah I get what you are saying, but you have to remember Kunos has not put much effort at all in helping streamline the multiplayer. Driving door to door is very dodgy to say the least, drivers cannot get black flagged automatically for misbehaving, Minorating doesnt do much for new griefers aiming just to annoy people.
    Everything comes down to the community to handle this, and this 'issue' is whats keeping AC's public MP smaller than it potentially could be.

esox71 and TCLF like this.
  11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Well, I got bored of AC too. Even in racing leagues. The racing is just so static and the driving is just too easy. Not enough features to have good league racing (ACRL did a very, very good job though) and definitely not suited for endurance team racing. Went over to rF2 because of all that.

mrk1001 likes this.
  12. survivor91

survivor91 Gamer

Portals that organize leagues and servers such as ALOOG improve the situation, but unfortunately the game suffers often of LAG, contact between the cars are not true (just a slight touch to send you to the moon) and the absence of rules does not allow to do anyway a race as it should

mrk1001 and SidewayzShuffle// like this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

That just seems untrue. Every update has had efforts to improve multiplayer. You could argue they haven't fixed it yet, but it's unfair to say they have done nothing.

And what would? If someone new shows up and just starts wreaking, I don't see what you can do about that? Other than using psychics or making new players go through some sort of sensitively course before they're allowed to go online.

I want all these feature too, I just understand they take time.

Horus and victor86 like this.
  14. baboon

baboon Alien

I got bored with iRacing, good competition in the popular series but I'm not the biggest fan of driving the GT3 or GTE cars. My most favourite cars were never much popular there and I didn't like some of iRacing's design decisions.

Then AC got released and I did a lot driving since multiplayer was introduced. Was great new content to enjoy and popular enough to have fun online. MR, moderated servers and league racing have taken it to a much better level in the last month. It's enjoyable for sure but I'll get bored of that too eventually. I'm not there yet entirely, still do a few races sometimes. But it's hard to find good competition and the experience on track feels static and lacks immersion because some features are missing which I find important. I don't see how that will ever change, AC development will come to an end someday and it's probably not too far away.

Exploring new features, new content and competition will be fun again, so I'll be back at iRacing soon. And I can always do some short races in AC when I get bored of iRacing which will happen inevitably. Or I'll do something else, simracing is not my life :)

manthey likes this.
  15. 9b5.jpg

Seriously though, buy all the games to support the genre and play whatever makes you happiest.

Vel, LeDude83, jc1993 and 3 others like this.
  16. kevje

kevje Racer

But Turk, the game is a year old already... Just this week it had its biggest MP feature introduced: Anti lag netcode.

There is a point where you can no longer say 'things take time to develop'. More and more games are getting released as 1.0 while they are in an alpha or beta state, and this bad habbit is changing the norm as to what a full release should be like.

Dont get me wrong, I have spent 770 hours on AC, that alone should say enough about me hating or loving the game. But a racing simulator thats missing multiplayer features that hinder the racing... I'm just being realistic here.

For me iRacing is past its prime. Granted its method of handling MP are great, really great. But at this point in time I'm not going to spend large amounts of money on it. Maybe with an iRacing2 I would give it a go right away.
    rFactor2 has the issue of 1) Paying for the game plus paying to play online without any MP services. 2) Looking incredibly outdated (this wont bother everyone). 3) The only MP activity is with racing leagues, you would need to know where to go after buying it. And the steep learning curve (that I do love) will scare away new people, its not a sim that will last much longer.

Its purely this point in time right now that makes me stay with AC. I've spent a year and a half on it but there are no other serious sim racing games that compel me to change over or buying them all. This might be an easier choice for those that have money to throw around whenever they feel like it. To me iRacing is not worth it, and rF2 I still feel unsure about due to its age and small community (despite being arguably the best sim for physics)

So I might think critically about AC, but this comes purely from the fact that I love the game. I want Kunos to succeed and I want to see AC grow, and I believe the way this is done is by improving the MP a great deal. This way the game can actually compete with other sims -MP wise- while already having its good looks and good FFB etc. For increasing sales the SP is also very important, and a console release could help with the income to make AC grow even further. But that console release wont be any good if the average console gamer will get bored of 'just driving'. They will want to see SP/MP up to par with other popular titles, its really quite simple.

Anyway, big wall of text. TLDR; I love AC, but I want it to improve to be a true complete racing simulator ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

Yes, but we don't know how long these things take. I remember when a simulator was a simulator and that's all it did. The job of a simulator was to simulate a thing. It's become a lot more than that now, but it's happened relatively quickly, there has been a bit of a simulator boom which has raised the bar considerably.

But you have to take into account Kunos set out with a plan, considering their size and the constraints they would be under because of budget, they would have had to stick to that plan. If they didn't they would be working on a thousand different things going nowhere. I think things changed on them, they far exceeded their targets and ended up with a load of customers with different expectations than they expected.

I'm fairly sure they've taken on board what's been said on social media, there's obviously a market for all these features, but often a business can be like a large cargo ship, they can't turn on a dime, considerations have to be made and the turn can't hold up the progress of ongoing work.

If they had always planned to make an iRacing killer with managed races and ranking systems then yeah, I'd say they're falling behind, but these things were only brought up by the community when the game was mostly finished. If they are going to introduce these things they could only be a few months into the development, and considering all the other concerns they couldn't have been able to dedicate any serious time to it yet. Changing the game like this takes planning, research, testing, betas, that's years of work, not months.

chooligan1994 likes this.
  18. kevje

kevje Racer

Well I never expected AC to be an iRacing killer, and I do know a game takes time to develop. But I also know as does everyone else in the community, that communication is limited making it difficult to tell where AC is going. That in itself can be frustrating for some people. But, one thing that is clear development wise, is that there is a console version coming. While this does make me feel like a PC guinea pig(yes, that bad habit of releasing an unfinished game), it also means the SP and MP will be more complete for it to be a success. I do like the more frequent updates recently so we can tell the Kunos team has increased in size, but even so, AC still has that 'its almost done, if only...' feel its had for a long time.

I'm not really sure what else there is to say after my previous post. Just that a good MP+SP experience is important if you want a game to stay alive. No dev wants to keep working on a game that people have lost interest in. I feel that Kunos is on a thin line in keeping people interested versus implementing features that make AC a more complete racing simulation. Who would of thought a console release is whats keeping me interested... :p

Snooky likes this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

So, what's OP´s purpose with this thread, bashing AC for something it never promised or iRacing propaganda?

That was me being rhetorical. I would feel pretty dumb spending 800+ hours in a game, then rant about why I left it. So, obviously this is yet another wishthread to a game that is superior in many ways, but lacks some core features we all know what are.
    I hope that KS will not go the iRacing-way ever, just do what they do, and if a more feature complete game means a sequel, by all means go ahead and take my money.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    xystof, marlo0081, mms and 1 other person like this.
  20. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello

I just wanted to say that the current warping / lagging issues are being looked into and surely fixed quite soon, so before taking any decision I would wait, however, we wont force anyone to play the game, some are better or not, it all depends on your personal taste and opinion at the end but please lets not make a war thread of this okay? We got the message and I think thats enough.

21. kevje

kevje Racer

If nobody brings in constructive criticism aka feedback then how will the devs know what the people want?

But AC wont ever turn into another iRacing. The game would have to be locked down (no modding) and increased prices for various things to keep the MP services afloat.

I agree there is a point where criticism becomes whining, but even that is feedback. Seriously though, please dont start flaming, that wont lead anywhere.

I'll leave it up to Kevin to decide what to do with this thread :cool: