1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I need some help with GTR Evolution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Hi guys,
    I bought GTR Evo yesterday to pass the time until some new content in AC, and offcourse Nordschleife. I am sure most of you have played a lot of that game and was hoping for some assistance.
    First question for now-is there a FFB plugin like realfeel for RF? Stock FF is pretty dull.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries Need For Speed MW M3 e46GTR GT2 skin Apr 21, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer [ALG] Server startup (need staff/interested persons) Apr 27, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Need help? Can't post. Oct 11, 2022

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

4. Horus

Horus Alien

No, but there are loads of manipulations that you can do. First off DON'T have your AA settings above 3 in the language and video settings, and then enhance them with your GPU software.

Now if you make your way to my docs, simbin, race07, user then the name you use in game you can find a PLR file, in that file you can make it prettier, data harvest and many other things. I have a set of files HERE. You can also play with the controlset files and change the FFB to your own desires.

Another nice one, if you do some wet racing, is this Stunning rain FX, loads of other stuff but that is a good start. :)

alex bonner and paulieGTR like this.
  5. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Thanks.
    Why, does it have sometghing to do with input lag? I have a lot of input lag. Any idea how to reduce it?

Also, I've been trying to run sweetfx with gtr evo, but no luck so far. Any ideas? Any other beauty mods you would recommend.

It's like entering a new universe, there are so many things to check out and try, so much information and it is really hard to go through everything.

6. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

AFAIK realfeel was based on the gtr evo dll in the first place.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

No Snoopy, it just breaks the AA and AS in game. Try it and you will see, set your GPU software to 8x and the language and video settings to 6x and you will have a Minecraft looking Race07, then turn the language and video settings to 3x and you have a nice looking game. :)

As for input lag, that will be a different ball game altogether.

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Thanx for the mentioning my "Stunning rain FX" mod Horus . :cool:
    I'm glad you and others like it.

I uploaded that to nogrip many years ago. :eek::)
    I've still got my original v1.0

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  9. Cartman

Cartman Gamer

Nope, realfeel was a rFactor plugin made by TechAde. Nothing to do with Evo :)

10. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Ok, what about the input lag then? I know my Tv is kinda slow, but are there any tricks to reducing that? I've set the max pre-rendered frames to 1. I'm using G25.

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ehmm... guys, this is AC forum.
    Don't get me wrong, but googling it you can find plenty of dedicated forums about gtr series. Thank for understanding.

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I was looking for a provisory way to race the Nord myself, until AC features it in autumn. I tried gtr evolution, and so know its Nordschleife and car handling. You have a better alternative. Get Game Stock Car 2013, and find a mod for it, a conversion of a Nordschleife mod for rFactor from several years ago. It looks better, drives better, has day-night cycle, and a much better physics model than simBin. A provisory solution until autumn...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  13. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Thanks.

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't have GSC but it's Nordschleife does look nice. The GTR Evo version doesn't include any of the surrounding terrain when you should be able to see it, it's like driving in a trench

Both feel too smooth and wide.

15. Horus

Horus Alien

I'm sure Simbin where there for quite a while and it does not look out of place in comparison with a real run of Nord, as this video demonstrates. :)

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Okay, make this another Nordschleife track or melt it with the other ones, to not stress the moderator's patience too much.

The conversion from the rF mod has five track versions, one of which is the 24H Zurich-ADAC race. This one looks best, imo, because it looks alive, it has plenty of trackside details, visitor crowds, camping trucks and parked cars along the track, camping fires, light-chains, LED adverts. All that is missing in the other four track versions (2x VLAN, 2x visitr), also many graffittis on the track. On the Nordschleife, I think such eye candy is important, because the track is not only defined by its design, but the general atmosphere, it is special, and I hope that Kunos manage to catch that up a bit - thus in another thread I said that I hope they also pay good attention to get the looks of the surrounding landscape at greater distance. The rF to GSC conversion does a pretty good job in that regard. Try it in GSC at dusk or dawn, say 1600 or 1630, and you see that the trackside and the lights of the cars and the sunset in the sky all melt together nicely. As i said in the Nürburgring feedback thread, I like that track very much, it is a great track to race on with the most detailed representation of the track's design I have ever virutally raced on - but the surrounding environment looks a bit sterile, and lifeless, and just so many trackside objects are missing. I hope that it gets adressed by modders later, and that Kunos does it differently with the Nordschleife.

Also note that the mentioned two Nordschleife tracks also try to mimic typical individual treelines along the track. This adds great recognition potential for given parts of a track, you just cannot do it with composing such treelines or woods by just two or three generic standard forms of trees.

17. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

nobody cares about AC Support's answer and still post here, great guys :D:D:p

18. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

I'm sorry if this thread is violating the forum's rules, but I don't see how it's doing any bad. I didn't go to a GTR forum because so far it is a pretty nice place here with many helpful people and I knew I'd get help.

Can anyone give me a link to the best Nord in GSC? I got this:
    http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4434
    But I am still not sure that's the track everyone is talking about.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

This is no general public forum, and simBin is a direct rival to Kunos' own economic interest. Why should they allow a rivalling product to be endlessly discussed and avertised in their very own forum?

Clearer now? ;)

Let's keep this thread focussed on the Nordschleife , or melt that content with the other Nordschleife threads. It seems that - also in the past- they tolerate hints at provisory Nordschleife solutions until AC get its own Nordschleife, and I think that is already somewhat generous by them. But giving general support beyond that in here, and to rivalling products that are not theirs, leads too far.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

BTW, that is the correct file you found there.

21. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

This is the only room where you can discuss everything (AC related) that can't find place in bugs/issues subforums. USE CLEAN, POLITE, RESPECTFUL LANGUAGE. Otherwise: Immediate Ban.

Snoopy, please stop asking for help with other racing sims. I am sure your intentions were good, but the site rules are clear and like all things internet once one person starts doing it then thousands will start doing it.
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.