1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

i7 2600K Fine Tuning Overclock questions (speedstep,offset,etc..)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michele Papis, May 20, 2017.

1. Hi overclockers,
    I've bought an i7 2600k an year go and got it constantly overclocked without any trouble or crash for about a year @4,4GHz.

MY SETTINGS ->
    Multi: 44X
    Offset Mode -0.020mV
    Add. Turbo Voltage: +0.008mV
    LLC: level 2
    C1E State: Enabled (not the others C3/C6)
    SpeedStep: Enabled
    SpreadSprectum: Disabled

I'm quite happy with that but also with heavy stress cpu benchark Vcore peak at 1.368mV. A bit too high for lower temps! (Im using a Noctua U14S, single fan, which is good), and my temps reach 74°C max at those settings, where ingame less than 70°C but over 65°C usually.
    I want really to lower down the voltage, but keeping the SpeedStep function enabled, because my pc is working 24/7, and I prefer to not use fixed voltage (even if lower) constanly.
    What's your suggestion about it?
    I know there are also two other way to go: 1) fixed vcore with speedstep but at 1.6GHz cpu is feeded with too high vcore and 2) fixed vcore without speedstep to give more stable performance an maybe lower vcore a bit (so I have lower vcore at full load but higher vcore at idle than offset mode).

My intention is to keep power saving functions and use less voltage under load, but offset mode can't allow it because undervolt also at idle :)
    And except for the power saving I'm worried about cpu life by keeping a fixed voltage on idle (around 300mV higher than usual).

Last edited: May 20, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room [VR] Samsung Odyssey + GTX 980 + i7 2600k? Jul 13, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashes with and without UE4-AC2 error undefined Jan 5, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cannot Join A Specific Server, All Others Work Fine May 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windowed mode works fine, full screen doesn't Oct 29, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Practice mode is fine but quickrace becomes a 1 fps slideshow. Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nurburgring - very poor performance - other tracks fine Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting too many AI = slideshow. was fine prior to 0.6 Mar 6, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Secondary control functionality needs some refinement Nov 24, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tires and Displays dancing/jittering on TAA Epic (fine on TAA High or lower) Nov 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Replay FPS Drop but the game fine Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals PS2 Dualshock working fine using JoyToKey Sep 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS. Calibrates fine, doesn’t work in game! Apr 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Undefined? Jan 30, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Camber fine tuning with the stock apps? Jan 20, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No ferrari DLC link in AC store page (dlc page works fine) Sep 20, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Have you checked in bios what kind of fancurve your cpu fan uses? Maybe its not even utilized to its fullest and that might be a way to get the temps down a little bit.

4. I set it to full settings and target at 45°C

5. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Increasing the uncore voltage would allow you to decrease the vcore voltage but it is not guaranteed, and the PC could crash at higher performance demands. Do small changes and test each time.

6. What do you mean with uncore?

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

Your temps are extremely high for your hz and vcore, are you using a good thermal paste?

I also have an i7 2600k, I have it since 2011, and in 2015 I bought a Rainjintek Themis, single 120mm cooler, and since then I'm using 4,6ghz @ 1.404v on summer and 4.7ghz @ 1.42v on winter, and even then my temps don't get even close to 74ºC

I tested a similar configuration that you're using and this was the results:

Idle:
    1600mhz
    Vcore: 1.008v
    Temp: 20~24ºC
    Fan Speed: 650~700rpm

10 Minutes Stress test:
    4413mhz
    Vcore: 1.380v
    Max Temp: 49ºC
    Fan Speed: 1300rpm
    [​IMG]

The weather in my city says it's 21ºC, so I believe my room is about 21~25ºC

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Michele Papis likes this.
  8. Yes of course, I've assembled computer for years as main job .. Two times I've reinstalled the noctua with the thermal premium paste :) and the radiator getting hot, if I stop the fan in fact it dissipates. In some Intel and other socket I noticed problem on voltage out of the box and crazy high temp even with good cooling solution.. Don't know maybe if fan is not working well according to bios settings.
    Case is a Cm haf922 with 20mm fans..

Specht77 likes this.
  9. Yours solution is AIO water cooler? That Temps are related usually to that solution and not to air cooler.
    But..you're around 60 degrees on the table list as temperature, not 49.
    Also power consumption is around 65W when I reach 95W with stress program. Try Intel burn test V2 at maximum..

10. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

I don't feel the need to use a more demanding stress test since my temps on games are even lower than on this stress test

I'm not using watercooler, I'm using the Raijintek Themis as I said

11. Just wondering, never heard about that brand :D

12. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

I also never heard of it before I bought, but as it was the cheapest 120mm I found, I decided to give a try, and loved it :D

13. After little adjustments now that I hit around 70/73 °C using prime95o and Intel Burn test V2. I've also disabled pll overvoltage, need for heavy overclocking and useless in my case. (around 1.350 Vcore + 0.008v boost sometimes)
    Btw I'm asking what's the best way to go: :)
    1) offset + Speedstep (mine)
    2) fixed voltage + SpeedStep
    3) fixed voltage without SpeedStep (don't know if the fixed cpu freq can help to reduce vcore, due to clock stability without SpeedStep)

Which works better, even for cpu lifespan? Considering pc works 24/7 mostly.

14. fr13del

fr13del Racer