1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Imperial ('Murican) Speedometers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ALB123, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Would it be possible, at some point in the future, to allow the option (maybe an .ini file edit) that would allow our cars to display Miles-Per-Hour (MPH)?

You have to realize that I am a product of the American Catholic Schools System. I'm lucky that we had "Science" classes available, you didn't think those nuns were going to teach me the Metric System, did you? I thought the Metric System was the measuring tool of Satan until I was 15...

Seriously though...What if there was an .ini hack where at least the digital displays showed MPH for slow Americans like myself? I understand it would be a pain in the arse to have to make 2 sets of speedometers and then do conversions for the physics....but just a digital readout visual.....PLEASE!?!?!

Back me up my American brothers and sisters! Help me explain to Kunos how we need this!!

This is me trying to convert Metric while driving the Nordschleife:
    [​IMG]

Just kidding. That's me all the time! :(

Berniyh, Alexandr66, Horus and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room How do i change in-game units from metric to imperial? Apr 8, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Floating values on motec (dk2) - imperial units stays metric Oct 18, 2014

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice read. You have a good sense of humour. Oh, sorry - "humor" :-D

4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

If you have time to look at the speedometer then you are going too slow :D

Berniyh, digitizer, arthur666 and 2 others like this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What is this setting?
    [OPTIONS]
    USE_MPH=0
    I think that might be what youre looking for.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\cfg
    gameplay.ini

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This... also in the launcher options menu if I'm not mistaken. Any cars that are specced with km/h and can't be changed IRL can't be changed in-game though (analogue instruments mainly), you'd have to use digital display then. There's also some exceptions with digital displays if I remember but you can report those to be looked at. Or just learn proper measurements. ;)

7. Horus

Horus Alien

In options there is also KPH/MPH.

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Thank you everybody who has responded. I appreciate all of the help/suggestions/etc..

Yes. There is an option to switch to MPH from KPH "Units". So, if you're using the Kunos app "Essentials" or the other big round one, I think it's called "Gears"...yes, those will switch between KPH or MPH, depending on how you've set it. What I was talking about is when you are driving in cockpit view with no apps enabled. It's just you, your car and the road. So, there is a speedometer (usually) - especially with road cars, where it's always KPH unless it's American (I think I never paid attention to the Vette).

See this dashboard from the Aventador SV below... That 138 is KPH even though I have my game set to use MPH.
    [​IMG]

Or see the F40 speedometer below....That is always KPH:

[​IMG]

Now, with the Ferrari F40 you could say, "Tough cookies, American scum!! This is a European model F40 so suck it!" and that's a reality I might have to life with.... And I understand that it would be a huge pain in the butt for Simone, or the other artists, having to create 2 different speedometer graphics, one MPH the other KPH. I would be ridiculous even suggesting it...but on a car like the Aventador above where it's just a little 3 digit LCD display, couldn't they feed it MPH just as easily as it's fed KPH?

Last example. Look at where the speed readout is on the Huracan GT3 - 46kph and I have Sidekick open to show 29mph which my tiny brain can understand. Would it really be that difficult to make MPH show up in that digital display? Pretty much all GT3s have some type of display like this...or the MoTeC style. In the games main Options section where you can select between kph or mph "units", couldn't it pass along a 0 or 1 to display the appropriate speed readout on these fancy digital displays?
    [​IMG]

I know I can suck it up and just always have Sidekick or something else opened up, but I figured I would ask. There is something very pleasing about turning all apps off and just driving!

Ok, I'm going to check out what Michael recommended - that app...Maybe that will solve all my life's problems! :D Thank you, Michael.

Horus and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

As I said above...

And don't expect analogue instruments to be modelled in mph (unless it was only imperial originally). You'll have to do with imagining that you're driving a digital replica of an European spec car.

10. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

That's why I said it would be ridiculous to even suggest it, let alone expect or hope for it.

11. ALB123, arthur666 and Horus like this.
  12. Horus

Horus Alien

Here in the UK the dials are still MPH (KPH usually in little numbers on the same dial), so I know your frustration. I use that 'Gear' app and place it over the dials, unless they are LCD and they change to the proper way to tell how fast you are going. Funny really I use millimetres/metres for distance, grams/kilograms for weight, yet MPH for speed. Mad Dogs and Englishmen... :)

P.S. Thanks for the MPH app MH, will give that a go later, same with the dials. Do those dials work for all the 458, or just the 458 and s variant? :D

aphidgod and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

In the Aventador it displays both at the same time, the MPH is tiny but it's there. :)

It depends on the display gfx, if it explicitly displays km/h, we need to force it to stay in metric with all settings. But surely it's not hard to use the in-game UI. Or even getting used to it, I don't find it hard to understand the basic imperial units without my brain breaking. ;)

ALB123 and Epistolarius like this.
  14. Metric system = communist

ALB123 likes this.
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, if the sim changes the value in a digital screen to mph as per user setting but doesn't change the text "km/h" because it's in the texture then that's obviously off, unless the real car does the same (not very likely). Other than that though...

16. digitizer

digitizer Hardcore Simmer

I hope to see in the future also ABS, TC e.t.c lamp, right on the gauges, not in apps ;)

17. ??
    [​IMG]

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hm? You realise that the speedo is a digital display? If AC changes the measurement to mph but not the text it's obviously off and should be a digital instrument instead of texture in-game. If AC doesn't change the measurement to mph and you just changed the texture... in either case you shouldn't have to do it.

19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

20. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I just use km/h now otherwise I struggle to compare corner speeds with YouTube videos.