1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Incident points system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JoseL231, Jan 18, 2017.

1. JoseL231

JoseL231 Gamer

It would be nice some incident points system like the one iRacing has. You go off the track, you get x points. You crash, you get other x points, and so on until you reach an amount of points enough to get disqualified.

I think it would make public servers much cleaner, along with slow downs, minorating and SRS that we already have, although of course it could be optional to chose.

It may have been discussed already, but I didn't find any thread. What do you think? Would it be difficult to implement on the game?

GhostMan and kofotsjanne like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC-Server incident logging possible? Nov 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8 Workaround Fix Save Incidents Xbox PS5 Nov 4, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Incidents/track limits warnings from logs?? Feb 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Screen freezes and stutter during slight contacts and incidents Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Losing SA without incidents Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost 3 SA on a CP race with 0 incidents May 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Same incident between two drivers: different result? Nov 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Incident & Collection Of Other Issues Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI failures and incidents (but whoa do like this game) Jun 17, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Incidents at the end of the race Jun 14, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server replay and incident log Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer How report incidents on multiplayer? Jun 7, 2019
    Console Lounge Racing incidents - a matter of perspective Jun 11, 2017

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That would be great! I dont think its osmething they will implement now but maybe if they do AC2.

I wonder if something like this would be possible to make for a modder. :)

JoseL231 likes this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Minorating, that's what it is there for.

edit: Going off track is a little difficult as you could be avoiding an incident/knocked off track. Even though I have knocked MR a few times, it has become more than acceptable if not necessary.

5. JoseL231

JoseL231 Gamer

I know minorating and SRS (which recently came back to live!) have made things cleaner, as I mentioned. However, I mean a system within a race which counts the incidents you have and can disqualify you. And I also know that a system like this has some cons, like give you incident points when you are just hit by someone else and it's not your fault or, as you said, going off the track for safety reasons, but I think that the pros that it has would make it worth it. Because the system works. And, anyway, it wouldn't have to be for a server obligatory to run it.

6. tabis

tabis Simracer

Autokick is there.
    Admins can set "MAX CONTACTS PER KM" in the server config

silicijevadolina, Minolin and Quffy like this.
  7. JoseL231

JoseL231 Gamer

I saw it was implement in one of the last updates, and it is really a great step forward, but I don't think it is enough, as people don't see it so they cannot say 'hm, I gotta be careful if I wanna stay in this race". Also, it restarts each km, and don't count on off tracks etc.

Perhaps somethin like that but MAX CONTACT PER RACE and MAX OFF THE TRACK PER RACE and showing it on a message on the top of the screen, could be a great improvement.

8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

What does Minorating miss in your opinion? Sure, the "off the track" part is not (yet) implemented, and I can tell it's hard in the details. But all the other aspects of iRating are in, especially that the result is persisted in a central database. Actually the math is more advanced and the result of thousands of hours thinking, developing and testing.

Jadonyx and Andrea Lojelo like this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Rating-wise MR does as good as it can. Implementing it directly and not as a plugin would have a couple of advantages as more access to data that is not shared which would allow for better analyzes of data possibly even at better performance. Basically less bottlenecks.

However, it's not strictly necessary. Public racing – at least AB – is mostly clean enough although it (in my opinion, as you know) be improved by doing some adjustments.
    An implementation in AC directly wouldn't necessarily improve things, especially since I'm pretty sure that the AC devs would be even more conservative about the approach then Minolin already is (kicking people, excluding people etc.).
    It's just that they are your customer and you have to be very careful about who you exclude from what and how.

10. JoseL231

JoseL231 Gamer

I agree. However, I don't mean a general safety rating (which is minorating, which is awesome) but a limited number of incidents only and exclusively within a race before the disqualification (it's probably my fault as I didn't express my ideas correctly in English).

These ideas, anyway, aren't exclusive, but can work together and combine. The max contact per km is a great step forward, but I don't think that it awares people to drive carefully nor isn't enough, as it is per km and not the full race. This is just a suggestion to develop that feature in a way I think that works.