1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Increase friction between tires and grass

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JoelTGM, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JoelTGM

JoelTGM Rookie

Grass is not ice. I know this is not a grass driving simulator, but damn it is hard to practice on the drift track because whenever I leave the road, even at low speed, my car just slides about like friction was almost nothing. It's like a real concentrated effort to get the car back onto the road in the direction I meant it to go. Just my 2 cents. I'm guessing the developers must have had some experience if they've made it their passion to make this game, so come on when you go off the track are you floating around like a hockey puck bumping into things? do you ever roll your window down, and wave to everyone as you float by? no you get rocked about until the car comes to a sudden stop in some awkward position, then you turn the car trying not to kick up any rocks and dump it back onto the track. friction please.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech price increase Oct 30, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards no RC increase on our private server Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake bias increase bug on ps5 May 16, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards ELO rating increases from 1604 to 1614, CP rating is falling ? Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CP rating doesnot increase (sticks at zero) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Spa CC increases to 100 "easily" with Ferrari F488 EVO despite showing more "overdrive" in details Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating slow increase Feb 2, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards TC doesn't increase with Gt4 cars Dec 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DIY Arduino Button Boxes for XBox (from thread: keyboard shortcut for TC-cut increase/decrease) Nov 22, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA stuck at 60. Do I need to do anything to increase? Nov 12, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards rating does not increase to silver Jul 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Track Competence - How do you increase the rating? Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Possible performance increase for Oculus Rift with OpenComposite Feb 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface increase Helicam view distance Feb 19, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Performance increase? Feb 18, 2020

3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

^^ ^^ o_O:confused:

Nice post, for your 1st one in the forum. ;)

Anyhow... hi and welcome to AC forums Joel. :)

If you've ever driven on grass, then you'll know that grass doesn't have much friction.
    Add to that... rear wheel drive, tyres, and a fair amount of power at speed no less, there's isn't any wonder it can be difficult to control.

What other sims do you race, that let you drive on grass with loads of friction.??
    Toca touring cars way back in 1997 had near zero friction on grass.

One wheel on it was more often than not, the end of the race and that wasn't a sim by todays standards.
    But at that time it was pretty much all there was,(touring cars) in an advanced sort of way.

GPL 1998... again one wheel on it and more often than not - end of race.
    Some regard this as one of the best sims ever.

I would've thought someone's 1st post would've been to say thankyou, instead of... i don't like... i want. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    alex72 and mclarenf1papa like this.
  4. You know that grass is the green stuff right?

In all seriousness, while grass can *sometimes* have almost as much friction as asphalt when the dirt is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY dry, when it's in good condition, it's actually very slippery.
    Just my .02 ;)

alex72 and paulieGTR like this.
  5. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yep... good point and totally agree on the vvvvvvery dry dirt. :)

Tyres heat up real quick on that stuff. :D

6. I think vvvvvvery should be officially added to the dictionary..... Just my opinion :p

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

If you use throttle with ease you have no problems. However you will have lost vvvvvvery valuable seconds though if you were racing.

Stay off the grass man.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  8. TOO MANY V's THERE SHOULD ONLY BE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay.... a mod can close this thread whenever.... It's kind of pointless now. And half of the text in it is v's :D

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

OK 6 now. :D

10. :p

11. Bailey

Bailey Alien

If you look at the surface files you may be surprised how much friction there actually is on grass.
    ~Bailey

12. Well, friction and grip can mean two different things.... friction may mean abrasiveness, rather than overall grip.... I'm sure if the friction level's high then there must be something else going on behind the scenes.... remember, Kunos = Magic (most of the time)

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Tyres... grass burns anyone.?? :)

14. JoelTGM

JoelTGM Rookie

Okay yeah actually now that I think of it the "grass" I'm bouncing off of at our track is more brown than green, and the only grass I kicked up was a hay bail, so I'm gonna go ahead and say driving on a fresh green field probably feels like it does in the game. Just kind of annoying that the devs are putting so much fertilizer out there because in a 400 hp car you kind of give up sometimes. Good thing I'm getting better at this and I don't end up in the grass much now, but still it sucks and if I was a developer I'd have used green coloured hard-packed gravel or something, I dunno. anything but.

15. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I'm glad you are not...

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  16. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! rofl.gif