1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Inside Sim Racing - Consultant service

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Dec 6, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues CTRL and ALT hotkeys not working inside sim Apr 20, 2016
    Chit Chat Room This week inside sim racing august 12th 2015 - live Aug 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Insidesimracing first look at the new ui wip (also spotted silverstone 1967 track in the video!) Jul 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A Glimpse Inside The Offices At Kunos Simulazioni [maybe] May 6, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Mustang GT3 windshield banner not visible from inside May 8, 2024
    Bug reports Inside car super bright dashboard is eye killing Oct 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cheater (video evidence inside) Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Minimum brake pressure is ~5% when inside the car. Aug 17, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 488 GT3 Evo - Rinaldi Racing #95, upside down ACC logo on inside of rear wing end plate Jul 8, 2021
    ACC Physics [FIXED in 1.6.2] Tire / suspension stuck inside the car after hitting curb Nov 21, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Inside the SRO BoP system Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Contact well inside the pitlane in Nurburgring Oct 14, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Track Limit Warning Although Inside the Limits Oct 7, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX insider performance Sep 10, 2020

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

For the record, you can talk to me on the phone for 2 hours for 99 dollars. I can tell you how to spend your money in all walks of life not just sim racing.

... this reminds me of a Blue Jam sketch!

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

mister dog and Seria17hri11er like this.
  5. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

They totally lost their minds on that one.

[​IMG]

But let's face it, their YT channel is absolutely horrendous, just a bunch of sponsored pretentious bullsh*t.

Also, charging 50 dollar an hour for same lame skype consultancy (what an absolute joke......) shows how f*cking presumptuous they are...

nivadepi, Buggi, Alexandr66 and 2 others like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They could have a disclmaimer below contact us. "We get alot of mail with new people to simracing that wants help. Unfortunately we cant answer every mail but you can go to our forum and our community will help you with everything from PC's to motionsimulators". If its one thing the sim racing community is good at, its helping other sim racers with advise of what to buy and what to not buy - free of charge.

vilivili, Quffy and AmorFati like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

ops. wrong

AmorFati likes this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

This kind of service might work in the states, especially if you land deals with companies that want to set up simrigs. You know, local bowling, karting and other business centers. It will never work in Denmark, just too small a country to make profit on something like that, though you could still run the service for fun, to the 1 or 2 customer pr. year.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I personally dislike ISR simply due to the hosts - I just can't stand these guys.
    So you'd have to pay me for talking to them.
    And as for the service offer: it's a fairly smart move I must confess and they have the reputation to gain an extra buck with it.
    But it's a rip-off, no doubt about that. It shows that the guys are purely money-driven.
    Luckily, noone has to use that rubbish service because all the information and even individual support is available.

Nick Moxley and AmorFati like this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Might also make new people scared about getting into sim racing when its so complex that it cost $50 an hour to get advise. I bought my DFGT for half their base price and then I was a sim racer.

11. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Yep, spot on. That's 30% the reason I'm still engaged to Sim Racing.

That's what are Account Managers are for, you don't make money on the consultancy before the sale, you make the money on the sale and aftersales.

ISRTV started really great back than, lots of useful stuff and tips. Now it's just a cringeworthy infomercial channel that tries to push sponsored content so hard it gives you autism. Just like every other ''Gaming'' related channel and sites out their, people like this are the cancer of the community and making sure there won't be any good authentic channels and sites anymore, it's all about a few lousy pathetic bucks these days.

deci and Brownninja97 like this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

OMG reading that i was like. "GTFO".. All you have to do is search google or visit one of these sim friendly sites.. as long not ISI/s397 otherwise you get assoc and hex ramming rf2 up ya a$$..

But serisouly ISRTV i like you - I've lost a little respect for you now.

13. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Instead of paying these chaps to help you find gear, get free advice from the forums and use that money to buy better pedals. Duh. o_O

mister dog, AmorFati and MsportDAN like this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I agree, that any private customer wanting to use this service is upright stupid. But be assured that companies would buy this kindda service rather than have an employee check out sim forums.

15. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

How were those multiple Darin Gangi online meltdowns were not the end of it? Thats just ridiculous...

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and AmorFati like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Elaborate please, I suspect a good laugh :-D

AmorFati likes this.
  17. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

edit

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  19. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

First:

But the best one time where he went beserk over some guy after he crashed out of an endurance race at Daytona. I cant find the footage, but he did basically recorded himself during the whole race and after crashing, turned over the camera and repeated 'F*** you [name of the guy(Duval if I remember correctly)]', F*** you!!!!' :D

That was pretty hilarious. He also did an apology segment for him as well during one of there shows, pretty pathetic really.

20. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Starting around 13 min ;)

21. Turk

Turk Alien

"There’s so many variables to consider. What PC or console". Those aren't variables, it's the thing you need, or utter madness.

Meh, there's nothing wrong with them offering the service. Would much rather put the money towards gear, all the advice you need is out there, the only thing really missing for most people is try before you buy.

schmron likes this.