1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is gt racing popular?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Thomas Gocke, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Right now when I see a street car server it is either all cars together i.e. Fiat vs McLaren, or single make. I think having clear classes and good balancing within the class would help.
    But I think beasts like F40 s3 will never be popular.
    Hopefully a gt4 class will fulfill the needs of us people who like to drive the street cars. They should be heavier and have less downforce.

2. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I hear you, I to like to race the road and track day cars more than the pure bred race cars justbfor the feel of them!

3. plaid

plaid Alien

Or they make the physics for GT3's (and E's) better. So its actually possible to spin a Z4 (I find that hard) and you got a better feel of the 1,2 tons of car you actually move.
    While I think its still not as bad as the highly prasied corvette c6r.

Edit: They announced refined physics for 1.0, so maybe the GT's get a bit "meatier".

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Hany likes this.
  4. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

While not actually classification, cars in the game are tagged in the selection menu with things like "Turbo" "Supercar" "Compact" "Trackday", etc. I think those tags are pretty accurate to use for combos.

5. I just find high downforce cars like GT and open wheelers rather boring to drive. They don't have anywhere near as much "feel" as the road cars. I need the cars in AC to be as close to P&G3 style as possible!

6. megaCoffee

megaCoffee Simracer

I prefer the wobbly cars myself (Lotus 49 will soon have the most mileage in my AC garage), but I also enjoy the other extreme (Exos S1) because it's more of a technical drive that demands laser-like precision. GT cars fall somewhere in the middle which I personally find quite boring.

7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I like most of the cars (hate Bimmers except M3 E30) and even if under threat of death I couldn´t possibly decide on 1 car .

Street cars give me the feel and out-of-control crazyness when going bonkers with em, GT´s demand a tender but quick hand to get speedy and the open wheelers are some good ways of having some "how-quick-can-i-think-and-react" training and do some "minimizing necessary driving inputs" and the always necessary "blink and you´re dead" training we all love so much ... so I want, love and need them all, undivided and equally loved ;)

It´s all still cars ... like them for what they are, not what they "should be" .

offcorsa likes this.
  8. "Blink and you're dead" racing is certainly not what I am looking for.

Bailey likes this.
  9. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Now now, let's try to keep it objective as can be peeople.
    Wobblyness and lack of downforce =/= feel. Subjectively you might like wobbly cars more than tight ones and that is fine, it is a preference.
    All openwheelers have plenty of delicious feel, very different feel too. Very different approach to racing in all of them. Objectively speaking.

I have to admit this despite not really liking open wheelers myself for various reasons. All subjective.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Maybe AC doesn't transport this feel from highdownforce-cars in a for some satifying degree. Overall we don't know what the devs think themeselves about the physics etc. in detail and where they are planing to improve it, so it may change.
    I don't like openwheelers and so cant speak about them, but I think the C6R was a letdown regaring "feel" in comparsion to the Kunos cars, felt kinda weightless and floaty, while being as heavy as other GT's. But the cars from Kunos cars, could in theory improved,too.
    And the "its perfect just like it is"-train usually moves sooner or later, if updates/another sim appears.

11. plaid

plaid Alien

Could you suggest sims/the sim, where the GT's are more exciting and the most exciting to drive? Would like to try them.
    I have zero real experience and didn'T play much sims, besides im driving with a pad, but compared to the streetcars and some racecars the GT's feel kinda light and blant for me and kinda floaty, so I have far less feeling what the car/tires do.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you always find that many servers? Im having issues finding servers with people playing, at least more then 4-5 that are filled. Do I need to open some specific ports for AC?

13. Hany

Hany Alien

Rfactor 2 has the best gt cars imo while ac has the best roadcars.

Harvey, Methee and plaid like this.
  14. I had no idea that rf2 even had licensed GT cars.

15. Yeah, I also don#t understand which cars Hany means here except the Corvette and the Nissan^^

16. I forgot about those...guess I need to reinstall rf2 one of these days

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Probably he mean those and maybe the URD-mod or other mods. I had read a few times that they are better in RF2 then AC.

Anyway maybe its possible make the GT's in AC "better" with a setup, sadly thats something I have no clue about, besides some changes in aero and tirepressure.

18. Hany

Hany Alien

gtr, corvette, 370z, clio and megane. lets put it like this; race cars in rf2 feel more real than in ac. default setup is not great in these cars but when u put some time and make a decent setup, the cars will shine.

also urd guys in rf2 are 10x better than in ac.

plaid and dmitrych like this.
  19. arnzzz1

arnzzz1 Gamer

The URD cars in RF2 are some of the best cars ive EVER driven. I own all URD's stuff and always will as they are creating some of the best stuff for both sims. But the cars feel so imdividual in RF2, they have big "personalities" :) And Imho the sounds sound better to.

I also think that RF2 has better race cars, AC has better road cars.

20. plaid

plaid Alien

What would people prefering GTs from other sims suggest to improve them in AC? Or is there a thread for that?
    Im aware of the high downforce, but they feel somehow much lighter then they are.
    In streetcars I got a better feeling for weight and that I roll on tires, instead of a more floaty feeling in the GT's.