1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it just me that doesn't see the point in the drift setups?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrewc2102, May 8, 2014.

1. Andrewc2102

Andrewc2102 Rookie

I never use them I can't see the point? I find it much more satisfying learning to powerslide the stock e92M3 and pretending I'm Chris Harris, in my opinion it takes much more skill and using the drift setups is just unrealistic and well...cheating?

Am I alone on this?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Custom Championship doesn't assign any points Jun 7, 2019
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Right after 1.9.1 update game doesn't run. It gives an error. [Verify Steam integrity] Apr 25, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Camera Pitch doesn't work anymore Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions patch v 1.8.7.1 bad , doesn't work Dec 8, 2022
    ACC User Interface When using the FocusPlayerCar Hotkey whilst not driving in team races, hotkey doesn't work Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA doesn't get saved and reverts to 49 Jul 1, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AI doesn't start on wets Apr 28, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues ACC doesn't work at night Feb 4, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

Im sure there are both out there. I do see the point with a car setup for drifting yes. Thats what you do in real life when doing serious drifting.

But sure i drift with stock setups too. :)

4. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Drift setups are there for people who just want to drift.
    There are guys who don`t care about racing, they want to drift and they take it verry seriously.In real life if you go to a drift show you will see only modified cars specialy for drifting.
    Still there is nothing wrong sliding around the cars with stock setups like Chris Harris does but that is called having fun not seriously drifting.

5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Race cars have race setups.
    Street cars have street setups.
    Drift cars have drift setups.
    The setup depends on the application.
    ~Bailey

Ethan Dean likes this.
  6. Tal.S

Tal.S Racer

When I try to pull long drifts and showing off with extreme angles, etc, I choose the E30 drift.
    When I try to slide around a track in a fun car, I go with the Huayra on semislicks and quite some toe reduced, to give it that oversteering character.

Surprisingly easy and forgiving, and stable! Throttle management!

It's also very rewerding putting on Street tires or even Semi Slicks on the E30 drift and taking it around the track, getting fast times.

7. I fail to see the point of this thread.

8. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Dat e46 m3 engine..i know.I wish they made a track setup with that engine on the e30 not only a drift version.

9. roufles

roufles Racer

there we go with the "skill". what about rewarding knowledge on how the mechanics of the car work and taking advantage of it? you would agree that it takes more "skill" to play with just one hand and you dont play like that, do you?

10. tombax338

tombax338 Racer

The drift setup for the M3 E30 makes a lot of sense in my opinion. I find that the stock engine isn't powerful enough for drifting. And I don't get why drift setups are unrealistic/cheating.

11. Powerslide alone doesnt make drifting all that exiting. When learning all the techiniques that are involved in drifting, that makes it really rewarding when you can drift all kinds of corners with all kinds of vehicles.
    You can start applying those techiques to softer stock cars, and dont need to powerslide anymore to drift, but there is a reason to have a drift setup/vehicle for the sport.
    Like Keiichi Tsuchiya said "Learn the techniques and you can drift with any car out there."

Personally I like to practise with all kinds of cars that its even remotely possible. FWD, RWD, 4WD, low power, high power... they all need different techniques to get it to drift.

12. denizen

denizen Racer

You've been Hornbuckled!

TCLF likes this.
  13. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

There is certainly a pretty big difference between doing a power slide and drifting a car around a circuit ... imho, you will not be able to drift the BMW E30 race car around the track in the same manner that you can with the Drift upgrade car. There is a pretty big difference and I completely disagree with with the end part of your statement ... if you want to go fast you tweak the car to go fast, if you want to drift then you tweak the car to drift, its a setup ... how is that cheating? LOL

I would be very impressed if you were able to drift either of the stock BMW's the same as this for example

14. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

The E30 D is my main drift car. It's just a lot easier to keep sideways due to the increased steering lock. The drift-set cars, as mentioned, are angled towards the serious drifters, as opposed to those who just like a bit of a powerslide every now and then.

And also, pop on the semislicks and it becomes a fantastic RWD rally car :D

^Pretty much 1:1 with this. Too much fun

15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Wait till we get proper drift car, 343hp is nothing:)

tombax338 and Ethan Dean like this.
  16. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

i can drift well only with the e30 drift upgrade. yes it's low on power, but it's also light. with the z4 drift and the e92 drift i usually put them sideways and crash in the wall in front of me, they weight just too much.

can we have a 4\500 hp ~1000 kg drift car please? pleeeaseeee? :D