1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it just me ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Hi folks love ac too bits cannot knock it , except for the ai lol. But is it just me or does anyone else think monza is one of the most overrated tracks there is , totally unfun to drive ? The chicanes just kill it for me it like you have to stop and start again kills the flow of the track for me . Now bathurst is a track ;)

2. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Have you already tried the "monza 1966" track?

Anuj likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

You can't compare modern F1 tracks with somewhere like Bathurst. Bathurst is exciting but like the Nordschleife in real life open wheelers haven't been near the place for years.

I find Monza easy to learn but hard to master and it's one of my go-to tracks. Now Silversone, there's somewhere I just can't enjoy :confused:

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Yes, for me Monza has always been a very recognizable track, but I rarely find myself driving there.

5. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

+1

Wrongfire, Anuj, tombax338 and 3 others like this.
  6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Monza got the best highspeed layout IMO.
    Ovals are boring, bathurst cant be compared to it.
    Flow is subjective, i have it on this track.
    On Silverstone i dont get the flow. The new one is ugly, boring.
    The old silverstone layout was the best one. So yea subjective..

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

tombax338 and Rui Santos like this.
  7. Silverstone is a lot more fun to drive for me than monza . I like corners not stupid chicanes lol . :)

barrelbreak likes this.
  8. Yes of course still think its a very basic design . The nurby gp track i think is a great example of a technical track .

9. Delqvs

Delqvs Rookie

I was like you at first, not a fan of the layout, a flat track with a lot of time where you have to wait for the next turn to come...
    But you can look at it this way : Monza is a challenge, you have to setup your car to achieve high speed, and, with the same setup, you have to be able to go fast trough the small chicanes. You have time to prepare yourself for the next turn, so no excuses about your missed apex. I will add that the Parabolica is really unique and unforgettable.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

No. You're not the only one. I dont like many race-circuits and most of the rest not very exciting, cause of higher amounts of slow chicanes and tight turns. However that is maybe only in games without a motion rig, cause the excitement of movement, dynamics, speed and geforces arent there and comes purely through the visuals when goin fast.
    In reality that maybe is more fun and cant be transported.

I love the first half of Vallelunga but hate the last turns. LeMans is Monza in big, endless long straights where just drive - well - straight and then break hard. till you nearly stand still, rince and repeat. So the opposite of a good flow. Like Laguna Seca, I hope Kunos dont choose it to include.
    Examples of good tracks for me are the Nordschleife, even its really too narrow for constant chances for overtakes, inbetween Spa or Joux Plane and some other tracks, some fantasy tracks in games and especially rallyetracks and part of open world games.

Overall real circuits are purpose-build, not to bring the most fun to drivers and they always stay the same no matter how boring and rarely new ones are build.
    Its maybe realistic to include them, but I can think of far more exciting tracks, then things like Monza or Silverstone. I just need to go out of the door or watch on google maps and choose far more exciting layouts. But its illegal to race their. :)

So I have high hopes for great modder-tracks and wait for Spa, NS and Trento to get my fix.

Edit: And its really enoying that game-devs always choose the same stuff. Qhile its understandable cause many of them are known by the most people, while there are far more, most people just never heard of (me included).

Edit: Maybe it helps to understand my point of view: I dont have a fast car and am a mountainbiker. So even the speeds are far lower its really exciting goin down a mountain and you can drive nearly everywhere!
    Try that with a F458 Porsche 911 GT3 or F1 car. :p

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

^^+1 for twisty technical tracks.

I just raced mugello for the first time last week!! Dear god this track is awesome. Aside from being tons of fun, it's modeled the best IMO. Nurb gp was my fav prior to spending time with the e30 mugello race.

Trento will be insane as well :)

12. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Totally agree, I've always thought that Monza is one of the most boring circuit in the world.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The only track I find more boring then Monza is Monza 66 which will only be beaten by Monza historic with oval. Long laps with minimal braking and turning needed just dont do it for me. The chicanes at monza are a little tricky to get right but really not much to the track so I am not a big fan of it. Monza historic is amazingly boring in RF2 in any modern car as you go nearly full throttle for 96% of a 4 minute lap which reminds me of driving interstate in a truck.

Monza is a world famous track and pretty simple for anyone to drive, still not easy to master as you need to nail those chicanes but I get too bored to bother running many laps. And a very fast lap is pretty much close your eyes commit to chicane and hope you make it out the other side, you can be consistent fast there but for the fastest laps you need to over commit.

I prefer magione or any more technicle track, mugello is a great high speed track as its got long fast flowing corners that are near full throttle but still very technicle. At monza apart from the chicanes there is nothing to it at all, any person can drive a straight flatout, kind of like drag racing which is the only thing worse then driving monza for me.

14. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Not just you Mr. Thompson. Monza, IMHO, is a horrible track thanks to the nature of the chicanes - they're just too tight. If the owners could bring themselves to chop a few trees down and replace them with something a bit more open, such as the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight, or even those at Imola, it would transform the place. Odd you should mention Bathurst as The Chase is one of the few speed-control track features that I reckon is genuinely fun to drive.

15. TCLF

TCLF Alien

well, everyone has its own opinions. I compare monza to westhill (LFS). easy to drive, hard to master. I like that. I also like silverstone. The problem for a nordscheiffe for me is that it's fun to drive there, but not fun to race. Having to remember 140 turns is just a no go for me. Mainly because of time

16. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I wasn't much of a fan of Monza until the Ferrari 312T came out. 312T and the 66 track are just made for each other . Something about that engine sound (got the mod) and those long long straights sitting under the wing of another car just float my boat :D

Horus likes this.
  17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I yesterday found out @ Silverstone Int.(one of my favs) racing agains only ONE(1) other 312T (strength 100%, everything off(PRO), penalties and rest ON) , the AI 312T is equipped with some kind of magical traction/stability control. You hear the AI car engine stuttering @ moments where I am having the damn thing sideways so to speak.

AI are cheaters:rolleyes:!

o_O

EDIT and YES , ontopic: Monza is no fun at all except for the bends prior to Parabolica. Dragraces are less boring.LOL.

Cheers
    Robin

18. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

My go-to track is Mugello, I absolutely love that track. I also adore Laguna Seca (please give us Laguna Kunos).

I seem to like the technical tracks with elevation changes.

I did have fun though at 66 Monza with the T-125 as there is only 1 time you touch the brakes on the whole lap lol

19. Horus

Horus Alien

If you don't like it why you driving it? Monza is a difficult track, it might seem easy but it is difficult to master as said previously by Mogster. It's one of those tracks that you think you can race and then you get your arse handed to you and you suddenly find you are slow. We all have track we would not race if it was up to us as individuals, but when they are put into a league you will race and practice to make sure you know the track. I don't like Brands Hatch or any ovals. Actually I refuse to race ovals 99% of the time, but with a good bunch of guys I will race them even though I despise hamster runs.

Tracks & cars are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them. No need to make a thread about it, you could have done much better things with your time like race a track you do like. Silly thread, my apologies OP.

Old Geezer, Mogster and OffAgain like this.
  20. I love laguna seca and of course the nords is amazin possibly the best track in the world , but i fell in love with bathurst after playing it for the first time on shift 2 and then on raceroom . Lemans is another track which i think is overated in terms of thrills just a high speed track . Gotta say i do like some of forzas original tracks be interesting to see if kunos would make a track of their own or maybe be a consortium of people could throw a good idea at them . :)