1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is my PC ready for a full grid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Apr 14, 2014.

1. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

What about your smoke settings? That can cause a lot of stutter with AI burning them tires on start.

2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Me too, like shown in my signature...

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Hello, I tried the ini-hack and changed maximum frame latency from 0 to 2.
    Now I can run 12 AI cars instead of 11 with fluid framerate. But if I try 13 or more the stuttering starts again...
    Perhaps 12 AI cars is the maximum for me or should I try even higher values? How high can I set the frame latency that it makes sense? Is there a disadvantage or why is it set to zero in standard-ini?

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Already have low smoke settings...

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

OK, have no background apps running. Tried Quick race and race weekend but 11-12 AI cars is the maximum, with more it starts stuttering...

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

overclock your cpu. 3.5 GHz for an 4770k is a waste of money

7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

No, should I? How could I do this? I have windows 8... Isn't hyperthreading a good thing?

8. I'm curious why you have single screen rendering on? Or is that the same as the render each screen separately option. The number of AI cars is due more to CPU than anything and I can run 23 of them on Nords with minimal stuttering.

Is vsync locking you to 60 or 120 frames? should be 120 for 3d......uncheck vsync and see how many frames you are getting uncapped please. With the settings listed you should be getting plenty more than 120.....Turn off one of the Titans and see how many frames you get on single card...I get more frames on one card than two but I have AMD.

THIS.

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Unfortunately I am not a technician... Is it hard to do? Is it supposable that I will destroy my system if I am not an expert?

10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

this is what a lot of people think, but really it isn't that hard. you have to do stuff really wrong to destroy your system with it.

this might help
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421233,00.asp

11. No, the k in your 4770K means that it is a chip that is meant to be overclocked. I'ts very simple, in fact so simple that I did mine when I first built it a couple years ago and now I can't for the life of me remember what i used to do it....I think it is a program that you can get from your motherboards support site.

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

you dont even need a program, in fact i wouldnt recommend one. you can simply enter the bios & change the settings. best to do a bit of googling first. if you want to be ultra-safe, i would suggest downloading prime95 or similar application as well as something like coretemp or realtemp. if you can run prime95 & not overheat (your CPU clockspeed will downthrottle if this happens) you're guarenteed good to go.

as michael says OCing these chips is very safe & they are basically meant to be run in such a way. maybe start w/ simple 'turbo' OC -- enter bios, disable turbo, set clockspeed to ~3.9ghz for all cores.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Hello Michael,
    I tried it without vsync and without frameratelimit and I get around 70 FPS with 10 AI, around 65 FPS with 11 AI, around 60 FPS with 12 AI, around 55 FPS with 13 AI... BUT without vsync I have extreme tearing so that it is unplayable.
    For me I have to turn vsync ON and set frameratelimit to 60 FPS then it is smooth, but only if I don't use more than 11 or 12 AI cars...

I knew that 3D is demanding (it cuts the FPS into half!!) and 3D-surround (3 screens in 3D) even more but I simply can't play in 2D anymore and therefore I saved my money for this rig, hoping that it could handle full-grid in 3D-vision-surround.
    Maybe it can't handle it. I hoped that there are some other 3D-surround-gamers out there who could tell me their experience and if they can't play full-grid too or if it is a problem with my setup.

All I can do is to try the CPU-overclock-thing and hope that I won't destroy anything...

14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

overclock should help add a car or two, but it does seem clear the problem is simply that the game is not yet optimized for the way youre running it. think it will not be until 1.0+ you'll be able to run a full grid w/ 3D.

15. zielony94

zielony94 Simracer

I have with 4770k @ 4500 HT ON and 10 AI from 65 to 75 fps all settings max FullHD no blur

16. You'll be fine overclocking as long as you stay under 4.3 GHz...google and youtube will show you what to do, quite possibly with your exact same motherboard or chip.

I have a 42" 120 Hz 3d tv/monitor that I use every now and then but enabling 3d with AMD cards is like jumping through hoops playing a piano....that being said, I got the tech preview to work in 3d and saw how awesome it could be...my next card will be Nvidea for this reason.

I think to do what you are wanting at this time is only possible either on one screen only, or with a projector.

17. shiftA

shiftA Racer

No advantage to higher values but I'd suggest you leave it at 2

Just do as the others have suggested, take your time google your motherboard and cpu combination and definitely overclock that k based cpu, your system should and will eat AC

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I have single screen rendering on in the AC settings because if I set triple screen rendering I get even lower FPS.
    So, although I have SLI-widescreen in the driver (picture spanned over three monitors), I use single screen rendering in the graphics settings of AC. The picture is a bit more "stretched" at the edges than with triple screen rendering but as I sayed single screen gives me better (or less bad;)) FPS...

19. I know you don't want to hear this, but I think you should, for now, just try to get 3d vision working on one monitor....once you get it running smooth and stable (which should be no problem for even one of those beast cards) then start figuring out how to get it to work in trips.

Or since you've already sunk this much fortune into it, get a projector and go 1:1 ratio in 3d.

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Not enough space for a projector... but thank you