1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is setup so important?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Heath82, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Heath82

Heath82 Gamer

Totally agree, driving skills are 90% of your lap time, slow in fast out, i’m working on it, but i think that right tyres pressures and right gear ratio are gonna help me to improve my lap time. That’s what i’m gonna do. Thank you guys , I appreciated a lot

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes slow in fast out will get your closer to the lap time potential, the limit is being as fast in as you can manage too but the gains per brake zone are tiny. Maybe .05 per entry braking 5 meters later but miss the apex by half a car and you will lose .5 or more. That's why its best to focus on exits and the final push is on entry for those last few tenths if you can consistently hit all apexes and maximise your exits.

paul_wev likes this.
  3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

This is funny for sure.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Obviously each corner and type of car will have different optimal lines and approaches, here we are just trying to help the guys out that are a bit off pace so need to simply get the basics dialled in to find time.

More advanced skills include different lines and approaches to improve end lap time and setup adjustments as there is no single method for all situations. This is not the stuff that finds someone 5 or more seconds per lap on a regular track and if they don't have the basic line and consistency down the more advanced techniques will simply confuse them. Once someone has mastered the basic skills and gets a better feel for the car they can experiment and find other ways to find time, still the greatest tip I can give anyone wanting to improve is avoid @MrDeap info like the plague.

Your posts are so all over the place that it shows you have no idea, first you say there are cheats and exploits for the fastest times and skill is not needed. Yet your so called guides as used by you are still considerably off alien pace meaning this is clearly not true, then you say setup will gain 5 to 10 seconds per lap which again unless talking Nords is again not true, then you say its only for those trying to find time to beat AI and get competitive.

But if anything you post was true then it would help easily set record times which clearly you have never been able to do, there is nothing wrong with that as not everyone can but this also means everything you write is junk about exploits and no skill needed. You don't have said exploits or the skills to do this but over time anyone will get better, those that simply go by your mentality of thinking they are at the absolute limit and everyone faster is cheating simply are looking for the easy way out rather then putting in some time to improve their own ability.

5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I didn't write those...

One claim fast in fast out, the other one claim it's wrong to be early on the accelerator. Although both document fall at the same direction. If you read both, it reach illumination for the most part aside from the brake exploit.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There are clearly multiple ways to take corners. A good driver will understand how to adjust line and technique to get the most from the car. Setup plays some part sure but you posting random articles means not much but at least they are more valuable then that bs you try to push.

Many people approach things differently and there is nothing to say any of those are always the best approach though may be in some corners in some cars amd conditions.

There is no one optimal method for every corner in all conditions in all cars.

You simply dont understand even the basics and what the heck is the brake exploit? Is this your bomb dive BS aka 100% brake past the apex as you claim. Please show a lap doing this junk technique into every corner of any track and show us how it works out for you.

You still havent answered why with all your knowledge and exploits your still not very fast? Its not skill its all exploits so what is it your lacking?

Your making far out claims then please once and for all show us how they work for you and prove these claims of yours. If you cant then just let this nonsense go and thats all it is unless you prove otherwise which you never have.

7. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

On chicanes you have to brake past the first corner apex. Even if you take the line & forget the track configuration, you still brake past it. Just type WR RSR AC, whatever look whatever lap on tracks that has one. Obviously if you watch Real life onboard, it get you nowhere...

I don't understand your approach about different line etc. It's out-in-out while almost symmetric & the line remain about the same every laps. If you share someone useless who struggle at the game, different line mean meters, not centimeter. Obviously he will end up not liking the tips once he get grip of the game.

I've read that idiotic guide to prove slow in fast out & the line weren't even racing line & they were all over the place. I won't name & shame this one...

It almost feel like I've invaded your private life or something.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Why don't you just post a video of you driving setting records with your own tips and exploits? Is that so difficult for you to understand as that's kind of the point of your claims. :p

Maybe day 1 of ACC EA you can do this in it, it takes no skill after all to be fast in sims. Everyone will be driving the same combo so lets see what you can come up with. ;)

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I stopped to play for quite awhile, although I still read book as suggested. My last video dates from 7 months ago.

Those are the 2 last one, they're from the Special Events...

Air temp 25C - 30L fuel(stomp on the brake & turn at the same time, hardly 1 sec slower or less if you consider air temp from RSR WR with default fuel load)

Air temp 24C(this one doesn't mean much)

The junk run I did last year(note, it's not serious, but worth training for adapting). I'm also doubting OP is faster than this run, because slow in fast out, but it's all speculation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Ahhh, the mysteries of driving ever faster :)
    I <3 those mysteries ...

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just checking your 1:40.441 vs the RSR record of 1:38.798 would that not be 1.643 slower? Your using a car with ABS and your only 100% on the brake into t1 then release a little as it pushed a bit wide on turn in. Then your 100% on the brakes into the chicane to the apex but with ABS does it really matter even though you clearly have shown no exploit or record lap. I would assume needing no skill and such exploits would be easily fastest so no idea why its not.

An exploit would be every corner was 100% brake into the apex? even with no ABS which kind of defeats the purpose as the electronics will help this method to work. Someone with claims like yours should be able to easily go fastest in any combo using the said exploit everywhere yet this is not the case, so what was your point again exactly? :rolleyes:

liakjim likes this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Are you really talking to the troll???

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

If it skill to stomp on the brake & turn at the same time.... Ok that's your opinion. I don't contest it.

Although in my own opinion it's not, because it is undocumented that it's faster to do it with ABS & it gives a vastly much better result. If you say I'm an idiot, because I take this effect in consideration, you're not wrong either. Because other documentation claims you have to release the brake pressure before turn in.

It's like the slow in fast out approach.
    Every time the user will meet a chicane he will kind of be on the accelerator at the first apex which result of under driving the car & many seconds lost from doing it.

Contradiction from the other pattern.
    While the correct pattern would be to stay on the brake past the first apex(fast in) & accelerate at the second apex(slow out).

The bottom line is to not care about opinion & look at data with many different demonstration to get a clear view of the correct pattern, at best use the specific simulator telemetry. Ignoring the slow in, fast out or whatever contradiction is preferable.

For new player doing perfect circle racing line being perfectly symmetric is the better learning curve. Obviously, on chicanes the last corner get priority for exit speed. Again the time lost is minimal vs a perfect spot on cornering in the videogame.

Sometime you have to give out the line & make acceptance with the 100% brake pressure & turn at the same time, which is a good example with minimal loss of time vs spot on. When you screw up, late on the accelerator is better to keep that symmetry to reduce loss of time & the overall efficiency in the videogame.

14. Rotters91

Rotters91 Rookie

Short answer, wrong. Set up makes a massive difference if you know what you're doing, or find a good tuner