1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is that easy to change without clutch url?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Racing_34, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

I was wondering if is that easy to Don't use clutch in real life with synchronized gear box. I''ve tried a couple of times with my first car (a cords gsi) and it was possible only in a narrow range and while going particularly slow. I've never driven a car with dogbox engagement but as far as I know, it was easy and effective to change gear without using the clutch. I remember Lauda said that in the 70's they used clutch only to start and when they had problems on the gearbox, otherwise they tried to minimize clutch usage in order to avoid failures. But how about modern road cars? In AC they seems to have a motorbike gearbox.. for sure we don't have feedback on the lever, so calibrate moving speed could.be difficult..

Edit obviously I was talking about cars with h pattern gearbox

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career too easy (how to change it?) or AI not "smart"? Jun 2, 2019
    Suggestions Change AI difficulty from Easy/Medium/Hard to a % like the PC Aug 28, 2016
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC League Management Website - Simple, Easy to use and Free! May 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface ACC Poster for easy help Dec 11, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting FIA Rating is too easy May 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport v3 brake pedal too easy to fully depress Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Gameplay very stupid situation easy to fix Sep 25, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issue - Easy to out brake in low speed corners Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay 488 very easy to stall on start Jun 12, 2019
    ACC User Interface Resolution/mirror/GUI/look to side issues that would be easy to fix. May 31, 2019
    ACC Physics Nissan 2018 Engine cuts off way to easy Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety - too easy to lose, too hard to gain? Nov 17, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues GT Omega rig - easy pedal inversion Jan 4, 2018

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

If you get the timing right then yes it can be that easy in R/L, but get it wrong and you are looking at an expensive repair bill. I trained as an HGV driver when double de-clutch was necessary to change up and down gears (crash boxes a long time ago). Getting the timing right (matching drive axle speed, with engine revs and gear) was essential or it just wouldn't go into gear. Same applies to syncro boxes without using the clutch.
    You are right that you don't get the "feeling" on your gaming shifter, but in AC you do hear a crunching noise if you get it wrong. I believe Kunos will eventually introduce gearbox failures in game if you continually 'crash' the box.
    I like driving the H-box cars but heal/toeing is difficult for me, so I tend to brake with my left foot and blip the throttle when changing down gears to avoid crashing. I don't always get it right but I'm getting better ;) When Kunos does introduce the failures we'll see how good or bad I really am :eek:

4. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

McGraw, I was an HGV driver too, drove for supermarkets in the UK mostly! :D
    On motorcycles and in cars with H pattern boxes, and trucks with full syncromesh H 4 over 4 boxes, I've always preferred clutch-less up-shifts and clutched down-shifts. I've always preferred clutching to change down, I find it quicker and it's easy to use the vehicle's revs to engine brake, I've always disliked changing down without the clutch, even though about 15 years ago or so I used to drive those double d or crash boxes everyday I found it cumbersome and annoying.

I agree with the above posts, I think you'd ideally need a FFB gear shifter so you can feel the cogs mesh and give you a horrible grinding sensation if you get it wrong! Actually for some hardware designer it wouldn't be that hard to design if Assetto could get the code right too. :D

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you have an FFB joystick, there's http://sourceforge.net/projects/j2hshifter/ to use as a shifter (actually it'll work without FFB, but you need to modify the joystick to remove springs & put in an H plate so it will stay in gear)
    Don't think I've heard of a game supporting that mode directly though, that just simulates key presses each time you put it in gear so it can be mapped to the usual H-pattern controls.

I haven't had AC miss a gear yet, but clutch engagement is not really giving me any feeling either. It's fine most of the time but I have to focus on a few corners to downshift smoothly enough. Dunno what the cheapest form of tactile feedback for that would be.