1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

is there any Australian content coming ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gazman, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Gazman

Gazman Racer

is there any Australian content coming ?
    Phillip island is in a paddock and has a basic layout so cant be that hard to do for a pro track builder .
    Bathurst Mount panorama has a GT3 12hr race and we have FIA recognised series.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Project 4M - Australian Drift Society w/ Betting.. Feb 14, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Australian xBox Racing League Season 2 Now Recruiting Jan 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian xBox Racing League Season 2 Now Recruiting Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 3 series, 3 time zones! Asian-Australian, Americas and European-African Series! Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Casual Australian / Asia Pacific league? Jun 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Australians not seeing server list Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer EU players placed into Australian server by mistake? Feb 27, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceOnOZ ACC Australian League Jun 29, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Australian Vintage Race Pack Mod Sep 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Australian Skins Aug 27, 2018
    Screens & Videos XGN Australian League - racing the BMW M235i Dec 20, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Wednesday Australian public racing Dec 18, 2017
    Screens & Videos XGN Australian WEC Season Nov 17, 2017
    Bug reports Australian User-created Lobby - Poor Latency Sep 19, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Australian based Assetto Corsa Sep 2, 2017

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Why do you think lack of an aussie track is due the difficulty of the work involved? :)

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I would enjoy their V8 series.

But laser scanning there would be an obvious problem

chksix and paul_wev like this.
  5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes its an obvious problem as nobody can get to Australia. The scanner also doesnt work when upside down. :rolleyes:

6. Gazman

Gazman Racer

Not fussed about V8 taxicars as they are dead and have been for a few years.
    phillip island has a smooth surface , there is barely a bump . It has 1 pit lane building and a few sheds. get the data from google earth . Its also one of the oldest tracks on the planet still being used today .
    iracing has done mount panorama and it's most likely the hardest track to do in Australia ? so its not impossible .
    not every track in AC is laser scanned there are fantasy made tracks also so laser scanning doesn't really matter.
    its like we have race track ebola or something . Kunos put an SUV in the game and no one will even poke it with a stick .

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Hey look everybody,... we have a volunteer to laser scan Phillip island,... lets us know when you send the data to AC. :rolleyes:

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Gladly, if Kunos funds me to get a supercar, chuck a scanner on the roof and run laps at all the aussie tracks I will gladly do this. Does the data get thrown out at speed and while going sideways, if so I may need looooooots of laps to make some half useable data. . :D

Iracing has Bathurst, Philip Island and Oran park scanned and in game. RF modders back in the day managed to scan Oran Park (likely the same data Iracing used ;)) as it is now a housing estate and was before it was made for IR. They also scanned Eastern creek for the mod which has never been released in a commercial release but the track had some changes to it since this was scanned.

I don't know where your from but there are these things called airplanes, people get in one and at most sit 24 hours or so in a can full of farts before they get to here and repeat the process to get home so its fairly possible. A few hundred years ago all it took was for a British person to steal a loaf of bread and get sent here as punishment by boat. I think those that were really punished are the ones that didn't steal anything and had to stay in the UK. We also have this bright glow in the sky called a sun, I think a few of those early convicts got the story out and now others are all trying their hardest to get here to take a look at this big light in the sky they've only seen in movies and read about in what they thought were fairy tales.

9. chakko

chakko Alien

Australia surely has some nice tracks. I like Oran Park and Philip Island. Funny thing is, i wasn't aware of either of those before i drove them in iRacing, and didn't really expect much, but, was positively surprised. I didn't really like Bathurst though, except for the last few corners, that is one track i don't know why it is hyped that much (sorry). If you'd ask me what should come to AC, or the potential successor, i'd say Philip Island. Very fun track. And, i don't see the issues with the laser scanning either. If Kunos can do US courses, then they also can do Australian courses.

On a unrelated note: I love the Aussie national anthem. Always makes me wonder why our German national anthem has to be so depressing, compared to that vehemency of other countries national anthems. Guess we really hate ourselves. ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Bathurst is more of a challenge then many people seem to really want, the top of the mountain is mostly one lane street style and the bottom is just fast with a chicane and a couple 90 degree corners but overall I still think its the best track in Australia by a fair margin for pure driving even if Philip Island is the best one for racing IMHO. The worst one we have I think is the Albert park f1 layout, its I think the worst layout on the calendar and I live in Melbourne. Adelaide was a much better street circuit and if we could ever get a proper street circuit scanned this would be a big wish for me even the modern V8 layout is better then the Albert park f1 track.

In AC we have some well made aussie mod layouts already with Barbagallo and Baskerville being scratch made for AC, there is a questionable rip of Bathurst based off the Pcars layout which is good enough for now as we don't have a proper version and such an iconic track is really needed for any aussie in a sim. There is also a conversion of eastern creek which I am sure was originally based off the scanned RF layout but was heavily reworked with the track layout changes being added to it so maybe they just used the original RF layout for reference.

There are a few other Aussie mods floating around but some are pretty poor including some old rips dating back from old codies games, I know that's where they are from as I was one of the guys that ripped some of these way back then into rfactor and some have made it to AC with barely any work done to them beyond what we did 10+ years ago. :eek:

Kembro likes this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

Totally forgot about Albert Park to be honest. I think i like that one as well, but, i haven't really done many virtual laps on it. I even think since F1 1999-2002 i didn't drive that one. :)

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I imagine it's more about budget for such an undertaking than getting to Australia at all...

LATE4APEX likes this.
  13. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Bathurst and Phillip Island are my favourites and I'd be stoked to have them included. I don't see why, if PCars and GT can include it, it mustn't be an exclusive licence.

Been scanned apparently by Polyphony, so it's possible to get clear time to scan it with several events being held there each year. The 12hr is the ultimate, only thing better would be a 24h. Moving Roo chicanes. :cool:

LATE4APEX and martcerv like this.