1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Isi released not licence content, why kunos cant?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Arbuzzz, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

ISI just released not license content (NASCAR) http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26475-rFactor-2-Build-1008-Now-Available-(thread-does-not-contain-stock-car-link)?p=387238&viewfull=1#post387238

Download and install the "National Stock Car Racing 2015" mod. This contains many rules settings geared towards stock car racing.

Screenshots http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/screenshots/

So, as I understand this is not official mod from ISI

May be Kunos can release some cars without the license? Like an example Pore (Porsche) GT3 Car :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion [released] shurvision visual mod 1.0 (joshkerr tweaks) Jun 15, 2015
    Liveries Chrisi74 Car Liveries 30.05.2016 Martini Toyota Supra Tuned released Mar 14, 2015
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New Phisics Jul 6, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues HUD elements not visible due to external DDU Mar 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer invisible cars, game losing sync? Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Collision Off during server multiplayer racing_possible?? Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer servers not visible Jun 3, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Blurred-out trackside advertising Feb 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Comparision Video 1.7.2 to the new NG version (massive Sound downgrade) Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server API info about collisions Feb 15, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Invisible Opponents Jan 3, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA rating dropping without collisions Nov 28, 2021
    Screens & Videos Drifting & Cruising | Pacific Coast 1.0 + traffic + 12k textures Nov 2, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars More visible indicators Oct 31, 2021

3. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

As I understand it that mod just has rules for racing, which don't require any license. If they called it a Nascar mod, they would be sued. There is nothing legally stopping Kunos from releasing a bunch of fantasy cars, but this is a simulation. I am not sure how the laws work regarding cars that look and perform like real cars but are called something different work, but if Kunos released a Porsche and called it that they would be sued. I doubt Kunos wants to release knock-off cars, otherwise they would have done it instead of spending all of that money on licensing.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  4. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

So ISI released NSC (in real life Nascar), Kunos can release Pore (in real life Porsche)? It is an option if the license is too expensive or impossible to get. Formula A in pCars, NSC in ISI... I guess Kunos can do it too

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well kunos can and will do what they want, the generally feedback is that fantasy stuff is a little frowned upon especially if its "official content" furthermore this fantasy stuff would have to take priority over the countless licensed stuff they currently have which would be silly to ignore. kunos has the licenses to some real jems, i wouldnt be a fan of a fake car taking place of that even if its for a porsche or something like that. It just seems out of place, i dont care if rF2 does it or GSCE or iracing, i dont care who does it, it just seems wrong. great way to save money though

6. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

It is just a possibility to have more content when there will be nothing to release...

I guess ISI has no money or possibility to release official content... so they started to convert everything from rF1 and now creating not license mods for rF2. But regular player dont really care I think... You can call it Pore and everybody knows that it is Porsche...

7. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

I personally think it has to do with the standard you set for yourself as a company.

If you want to make cars as realistic as possible, you're going to need details... a lot of details. Details most (probably all) manufacturers wont give you unless you buy the license. An alternative for this could be contacting a race team, but again, without the license I doubt the manufacturer of the car will be very happy with teams handing out certain information, which puts them at risk of the wonderful world of lawsuits we live in.
    Making "fantasy" content is fun and all, but that's something modders can do just as good these days, so I'd rather see the companies stick to the licensed content and leave the rest to the community.

8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for your point... I never thought about it... that license gives not only the name of the car, but also provides the data from manufacturer, to make the car realistic as possible

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd like to see an oval in AC, maybe Daytona with the road corse also available.

I'm generally not for unlicenced content but a generic NASCAR type car would be interesting maybe. The dev's have said that including oval racing would be a lot of work though.

EdF4ce and cooknn like this.
  10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Anyone knowing what a "Fabcar" is...? :D LOL Its a certain license that currently is not available, and so some software studio built a Fabcar 935 instead.- Looks like the other thing, sounds like the other thing, probbaly drives like the other thing - but is not called like the other thing.

Its the reason why we have the RUF instead of a certain other brand.

Said studio does like this with their upcoming open-wheeler classes as well. They will add three, maybe even four classes of open wheelers, all of them mimicking Formula-1, -2 and -3 from the real world. Just that it does not get called Formula-1, -2 and -3. The method has some advantages:

You must not spend a lot of money for just a brand name and a word written under an emblem.

You can design a car and make it look and sound like you think the thing in reality always should have looked like from day one on.

You can nevertheless copy the real thing as closely as you want in behaviour, looks and sound, if that is what you want. Just as long as you do not put the real emblem on it.

I think that is the sound thing to do, especially if some brand has excessive pricing policies for its licenses. In the end, its free advertising for them.

That is why said other software title has a mix of fantasy cars mimicking real cars, and officially licensed cars.

:)

11. If we are even struggling to get DRS rules ... let alone full oval rules :p

12. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

13. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. It doesn't guarantee anything.

14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah i remember one of the devs talking about that a while back, someone said the pagani huayra uses the active aero code from the real car, its odd that the assetto huayra has aero a lot more active then say forza, pcar or granturismo, its like they use some boolean on or off system. Curious as to how AC can do this but those multi million AAAs cant or choose not to.

Salad Fingers and yusupov like this.
  15. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

From what I remember the Huayra in AC didn't have the active aero (or at least not as realistically) but drove like **** because of it. So in order to make it drive right they implemented the active aero code. Games that don't focus on trying to simulate as accurately as possible using real data can mess with numbers in other places to try to get it to behave how they want.

When I drove the Huayra the first time it already had active aero, and that transpired before I started following AC development or playing it very much. I can't remember who said that so don't take it as being absolute truth, although the thing about data in other games is true regardless of whether the bit about the Huayra development is.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Because they can't be arsed?

V8_KB likes this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Pretty much yeah.
    When they received active aero data and put that into AC the car was undrivable/was driving nothing like a real thing. So instead what most of the devs would do - put random numbers to make it drive good and release, they decided to make the physics for active aero parts.

18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Kunos already has experience of non-licensed content through NetKar Pro and the effect of adding licensed content to that title in the form of the Fiat 500. The result of that experience is Assetto Corsa and its fully licensed content.

IRacing had the option of non-licensed stock cars or the NASCAR license and they chose the license. The non-licensed option may seem like a better deal but iRacing are not stupid. I'm sure if ISI could afford the NASCAR license they would get it, but they've made it clear they have very little money for licenses, so they really don't have the option.

kakusso likes this.
  19. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

If you're talking about the Huyara active aero anecdote, I remember that from an actual interview of either Marco or Stefano. So, I pretty much trust that one.

20. It is funny to me that the game that a handful of self proclaimed experts have decided is the last word in realism doesn't have laser scanned tracks or licensed content.

21. Having licenses or laser scanned tracks doesn't make your game any more realistic.

mrk1001, SirJack, TCLF and 2 others like this.