1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[ISSUE] DS4 deadzone not working at all

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Kubr0, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

Hi all,

had a bit of time over the weekend and saw that the controller input got updated. Was eager to try it out and immediately saw, with my previous settings, that something changed. Couldn't actually figure out what, so was trying to change the settings and observe how my driving was. I came to a point where I found out that actually, my original settings worked the best, but still, something was feeling different. Yesterday evening, after I was able to give it some further go's found out, that the deadzone setting was actually broken and no changes had any effect to the controller input.

I tried it with another controller, did reset my controller, loaded the controller defaults in the Options, but nothing helped. The deadzone setting seems to be simply dead. Plus, if you set it to 7, dunno why, it gets reset to 0 all the time.

Can anyone explain? Or can someone from the AC team confirm whether this is a real thing and is being investigated?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [issue]Why is my Bentley GT3@Silverstone ranking result deleted? Jun 2, 2019
    General modding discussion [Issue] AC Shared Memory: pf->maxRpm not working properly Sep 21, 2017
    General modding discussion [issue] alpha channel not working like it should Dec 24, 2015
    Chit Chat Room [issue] when logged on, forum doesn`t respond Oct 18, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [Issue] Best lap time table issue Nov 24, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DS4 tilt control Jun 25, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Controls locking up/freezing at random with DS4 controller Nov 24, 2017
    Console Lounge PS4 DS4 tilt steer. May 30, 2017
    Bug reports GT40 revs spiking in-between gears on upshift (DS4 Controller) May 4, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions DS4 Motion Sensor / Tilt steering Mar 22, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Assetto Corsa with DS4 ok? Mar 9, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions DS4 Controller options Oct 18, 2016
    Console Lounge [Steam Guide] x1/DS4 controller settings by Kubro [from 15/3/2014] Oct 9, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PLEASE !!! Return the old software for DS4 controler Sep 30, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cant play with DS4 or keyboard Mar 21, 2016

3. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Deadzone for me and a few others I know has never worked ( ps4 )

Kubr0 likes this.
  4. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Rookie

The gamma prevents the steering from being too twitchy. Here is my setup when using the dual shock 4:

- Vibration: 80
    - Speed Sensitivity: 10
    - Steering Speed: 15
    - Deadzone: 20
    - Filter: 60
    - Gamma: 2.0

I hope it'll help.

5. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

I'm not sure that you've read my post, but hey, nvm, thanks anyway!

6. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Rookie

I did. Reason why I was mentioning the gamma as a way to bypass the fact that tweaking the deadzone numbers doesn't seem to make any difference since the last patch.

I should have taken time to explain this in the first place, sorry 'bout that.