1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Jaguar XJ13 Featured on RD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seria17hri11er, Aug 20, 2017.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

Ok, This is weird, I tried car last night on brands it was all over the place, so I just try it there on magione, was fine.
    So, I took it back to brands, was totally different to last night, only thing that changed was system restart, strange. :/

2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Bias ply tries man!:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

This is a car that would shine in rF2! You would notice the tire flex physics on those higher sidewalls for sure. Although it would be much slicker and harder to drive in rF2 but a lot of fun!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

No, William and Michael describing the same thing with different words. And i totally agree.
    If you take the Cobra and just coast on a turn, you know that there are tyres behind.
    Same goes with the Ford Gt40 and the Porsche 908 and also Lola which i find to be simply fantastic.
    This car, you feel the rear end like this :

[​IMG]

@aphidgod says that are not the tyres and i will try this by replacing the tyres with CM and report back.

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well when I have had a race session in streetfight servers with you something like week ago at Barcelona, your Cobra seemed to frequently loose the rear tires under coasting. True ? :D

It is because engine braking, and diff being almost open under coasting.

Seria17hri11er and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Nope :cool:.
    Only under power. :rolleyes:

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I took Cobra later too, it was definitelly struggle under coasting till i did some tricks with rear rebound.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  8. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

It also doesn't feel right to me losing the rear under braking with the slightest steering angle. Even hard to keep it straight under braking in a straight line and when it goes it's hard to catch or takes forever to regain grip. It often happens very sudden. Tried lowering rear and raise front a bit, stiffen front arb and bump, loosen rear rebound and more positive toe but still didn't cure it. Must say I didn't do many laps. Otherwise a nice car and sound.

9. Not just the rear tho, the front as well tends to wash out quite badly at low speed in a strange way. It's exactly like those HistorX 65' cars.

10. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I drove it earlier and I like it, I'm quite new to sim racing though (a few months) and don't know very much about cars :)

I managed to get it round the Nords in about 7:49 (which was world record a few hours ago, not looked since).

Pro settings, everything default (inc. tyre pressures) apart from reduced fuel load.

Thrustmaster 500RS, pro pedals and Thrustmaster h-shifter.

It feels slidey but I was able to catch the slides most of the time.

Needed to do a lot of steering correction, especially during braking, but it's all good fun imo.

The model is nice too, and the sound.

One of the best mods I've driven.

Not easy to drive at all (for me), but I'm guessing driving a real one to the limit on the Nords with vintage tyres wouldn't be easy either.

Good work modders, will upload a video of the lap in a bit.

11. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Couple other things to keep in mind:

1) it was on Dunlop tires which were, in 1966, quite inferior to the Goodyear or Firestone tires of its competition.

2) it was built with E-type suspension bits from the parts bin, rubber bushings and all. Bit wobbly, according to the test drivers.

3) this is a prototype, built on a shoestring by a team not much larger than the mod team, and it only made it halfway through the development process before it was canned. Don't be expecting a high level of refinement.

As it stands now it's making 1.06g on the skidpad, a little above the 1g claimed from testing, although that's not a precise 1.0... still, don't get your hopes up for more lateral grip.

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You also got used to it, plus this car requires good concentration. I can't drive it well when I'm tired.

IDK maybe we have slightly aggressive engine braking. Though at LiDAR Goodwood it feels spot on, it gives, it is difficult at Nemuno Ziedas, my local track, but all I have to do is to brake not too late, and it is good.

@iannixxenakis I've just did a lap around Nords too, saw your record :)

After Nords I can say that physics is there to stay, it is more than perfect. Well if there will be more complaints, then maybe we could reduce engine braking by 3-4NM. But I like it, yes it twitches a little when braking in straight, but very little and I like it, you have to feed tiny bit of throttle when coasting through curves most of the times and it cures the car. You have to be fast enough to react to slides, thats true, but is it wrong ? I think physics are good.

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Someone needs to make an E-Type Lightweight Competition car so we can check and make sure the XJ13 is correct :cool:

chksix and mantasisg 2 like this.
  14. Never asked for otherwise. It just kinda feels like it's in a constant state of sliding (front or rear) no matter what you do. But oh well.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

For what it is worth, since I never came close to that car let alone not driving it, I enjoyed the way it felt, the whole driving feeling was what I would expect such a car to be.

Seria17hri11er and mantasisg 2 like this.
  16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I disagree about front end. This one will byte really well. The rear end will slide all the time. Understeer is an unknown word. With that huge engine on the back I would expected to be the opposite around. Front end with not enough weight to be I trouble and the rear end with these massive tyres and the weight above them to have incredible mechanical grip.
    Maybe it's the inertia of the engine or the engine brake force as mentioned.
    But it's ok. The car is super fun, the model is eexceptional and OMG these sounds.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is not bad to do bellow 7'50 at Nordschleife with a car which is constantly sliding. I've got vibes from @Seria17hri11er video now as i've done a few laps around Nords. What more could I ask, thanks everybody :)

Yes it slips a lot, but it is very drivable, just don't abuse it too much. Don't let engine brake too much by feathering the throttle, catch little slides before they becomes big lol, be smooth... I wouldn't be happy if it would stick to the road like in a fairy tale.

@aphidgod I'm afraid that physics are too good haha

@andy-riches I have had started modeling LW E-type once, but don't tell that to anybody, I might not finish it :D I really would love some legendary Jaguars to come from Kunos. I think E-type steering work should be really similar to XJ13, for obvious reasons.

Seria17hri11er and Andy-R like this.
  18. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Not saying that you were, just adding some numbers to the discussion. It's if anything slightly more grippy overall both latitudinally and longitudinally than my target numbers. Pace is also where it should be, a bit fast if anything.

If you're up for doing some test driving I'm game to work with you. Ask @andy-riches , it's tons of fun. :D

Note that it had it's steering rack custom-modified so it won't quite steer like the E-type. They do share common wishbones.

19. Eh, not sure about that :p

I'll try it again on a vanilla track to make sure it wasnt just old Fuji that's broken surface-wise.

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Haven't driven Fuji a lot before, I've just did some laps with XJ there, and nothing seems wrong to me, maybe I'm just used to the car, but the more I drive, the more I enjoy. That Fuji track seems to be very awesome, a bit wild, thats really kool as it is 60s track :) Surface seems good to me.