1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just another off the rails wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 5, 2015.

1. esox71

esox71 Alien

He says that modeling brake temps will be added someday and that it won't be that hard to code actually, but he hasn't done it yet because of the tremendous amount of physics work it will require from Aris.
    SACKED!

p.s This is a joke.

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Devs know best.
    Let them do their work and decide if the outcome serves your needs.
    If yes, wait for their work to complete when it completes.
    If not, go somewhere else. End of story.

3. Indeed, if the "logic" side is the problem, I don't see where is it; from a logic point of view the penalty is easy; drive through. And if the player doesn't serve it in 3 laps let's say, DQ. Hardcoded in both singleplayer and MP.

Ben Lee and Niki Đaković like this.
  4. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I think Kunos would rather think. How can we complicate this? Hmmm, there has been adition of 5second penalty in real life, lately. Let's do that. Let's not do DT again, at all, let's just make something special. :mad:

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

And seeing last two streams implementing condition for that shouldnt cause headache: if car speed!=0 while countdown!=0, than drivethroughpenalty(). With poping up message and starting to count remaining laps to serve. Having some "underpenalty" value seting to true and reseting to false after passing pit entry and pit exit. If remaining laps equals 0 run blackflag(). With proper reseting for countdowns.

I haven't really coded since college but i could see Cat hacking it in half of a stream :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  6. sofke

sofke Rookie

You never watched race on telly?

Niki Đaković and esox71 like this.
  7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

How did the pit lane penalty app work for track cutting? Couldn't a similar thing be used for jumping the start?

8. Niki Đaković

its not complicated. First there isn't countdown race implemented at all either. That's one more of to-do's on the list of kunos I guess. If you don't have time to serve the penalty, you recieve time penalty. 30second is substitude for DT. Simple as that!

9. For MP there should be some code preventing you from moving before, hmm.. let's say 5 seconds before the lights.

David Dominguez likes this.
  10. esox71

esox71 Alien

LOL...SIR YES SIR!!

11. Niki Đaković

Well, it's just guess work and frustrations speaking here. I'm pretty sure Kunos does know which penalties are appropriate and how to code it. They've said multiple time 1.2 is MP patch. Pretty sure everything we mentioned is already done. Sure it is. :)

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

There has to be start countdown jimplemented at this moment..

And I'm sure stephano knows how to do that (anyone with one semester of c++ or any other language knows).. So it is matter of priorities and this is just immersion/simulation breaking not game breaking..

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Disagree. The real problem seems to be that many people missjudge their level influence in a real world situation. @ears1991 had a nice wording about shareholder attitude.
    We are customers. We bought the right to start and use ac. Nothing more. It's not a share, not a part the company.

Kunos offers their product. They develop and shape it like they want to. We - customers - buy this based on X, where X is in our own responsibility. Afterwards we can use it, period. This is how our market systems are built.
    The only bit of influence left is feedback and proposal. This can be negative, no problem. But that's it, the decision belongs to Kunos. We can't demand or expect things - there is no base for that.
    Today I've called a user (company member) to ask him if function X is possible and how it looks like in his primary software program. He laughed a lot, because I am the creator of this sofware. In his eyes I'm a scorcerer with a hat. And still I ask him a question about my invention?
    Yes, I do. After the first 50k lines of code you may start forgetting about some things, but this wasn't the point. It's that I cannot have the same view on the software than my users that are working with it. I'm actually never using it! My view on the software is another program called visual studio. I'm surpised how the users (try to) do things, and how they value the good and the bad.

I can't imagine that Kunos, especially Stefano, are different here. So our feedback is the only thing, the only window how they can see what we see. It's invaluable, but also only required if they want to listen, want to improve our experience.
    Let me finish with this: If my users would talk to me like some do here on the forums, my interest in their experience would have vanished a long time ago.

So if you aren't ok with important - and in your point of view critical - design decisions (like multiple light sources, mp features or penalties) you really should consider moving on the the sim that supports your major points (this is not a "gtfo I don't like you"). Every big point seems to be solved especially good by one product (e.g. iRacing = mp, environmental = pCars, ...).
    Kunos set it's priority on the aspect of the "driving simulator" (I think it's still the word on the steam page). It's what they wanted to do, their version of "the sim that is missing today" - and they suceeded.

Leemstradamus, WallyM, mangal and 7 others like this.
  14. Niki Đaković

No I meant the race on time u know. 60min race, with countdown plus a lap!

15. nonnex

nonnex Alien

where?

Some ppl. in the forum has said something similar like this, yes, but I havent read anything official that states that 1.2 is about to be a major MP patch.

AI, free bonus cars + track, some various bugs fixes and so on. But nothing what you guys are talking about. And ranting around would not make it happen eighter ;)

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

O dear....

17. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Hmm i would say that whole early access thing slightly changes situation.. Having this here you go, pay and "fck you" attitude is not healthy.. Nor for devs nor for players

sofke likes this.
  18. esox71

esox71 Alien

There.... Aris... "Hi, we are going cycles in terms of software development. We just released some important AI improvements with v1.1 and now we are focusing on Multiplayer for 1.2. After that we will work again on AI and so on. "
    ;)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  19. Niki Đaković

u live under a rock? :D

20. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

there is no sign of that attitude though, quite far the opposite: more free content (bonus pack) after already getting some (ruf, spa, sls etc), and more new features, mp enhancements and ai fixing (which should have been better in the first place, but they havent said fck you, stefano ackowledges its not perfect and is still working at it)

if you think thats a fck you attitude then im pretty impressed. they have already gone above and beyond and show no sign of letting up