1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kudos to Kunos

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, it's been 6 years since then...:rolleyes:

But in terms of physics and handling of the cars AC is just on a hole different level than GT, although I also had much fun playing GT.

But somehow I would call it 'playing GT' and 'driving AC'.

vegaguy 5555 and Horus like this.
  2. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Oh yeah! You're right! And here I was trying to be so clever.:oops: I guess 6 years in video games years is 16?:)

I didn't mention GT6 because what really changed from 5? Home page?

Playing GT and driving AC. That's the best comparison. I did say using game pad.:rolleyes:

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I use(d) my G25 and XBox360 controller with both, but even with the wheel I'd draw the same comparison.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Trying GT with a wheel was when I started looking for something else and found AC.:)

LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  5. Superior in some ways but not all. It's superior in the ways that matter most IMO to any racing game. I'm still buying GT on day 1 though. I've always loved GT and over the years they keep getting better.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  6. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I have already pre-ordered GT Sport and see no reason to get my $$ back. I am disappointed at the long delay, but am optimistic that it was set to allow for flexibility. They can always say it will be released sooner.
    I am still glad that I took a chance on this game. I am finding new ways to enjoy it everyday.

Edit: I type without proofing. And typos abound

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  7. The feeling I have with forza and similar games is hard to drive but easy to be fast, with AC is the opposite, easy to drive but difficult to be fast and that's when things get salty.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

As a GTer from day on 16 years ago, in no way have they kept getting better. The seties died with the release of gt5, and gts shows it ain't coming back. Gts is a panic release to get a title out on the ps4 because they're too slow and stuck in the 90s to get a full game out. No way would gts be the game PD get out if they could wave a magic wand. Perhaps Kaz should worry less about the moon and lose sleepless nights over a star being out of place. All my opinion of coursr.

9. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

First of all. Nice car!!
    Second, that's. Because GT and Forza created physics that felt like you think they should from a game pad.
    Assetto Corsa, if I have this right, are using real scale physics and trying to get everything drivable, which I don't think is easy.

10. That's nonsense. GT has improved in almost every single way over the years and especially in the ways that matter most. Better physics, the most important part of any sim, and no one can argue against GT improving with each iteration in regards to physics and realism. Better force feedback. Better graphics, (obviously), better sound (people love to whine about the sound but it has got better every time, albiet not by much LOL), ONLINE SUPPORT, better support from PD in general, more/better features like track editor, damage, weather, day/night cycles, better UI's by a mile, better options menu with more features, better/more content (cars and tracks), better photo mode, DLC support, GT Academy, and smarter AI.

The fact of the matter is, anyone who disagrees with this is letting nostalgia get the better of them. You cannot improve a racing game in this many ways and have it not be better overall. Especially when it indisputably improves the driving physics each time. Driving physics and force feedback is hands down the most important things in a racing game, but especially in a racing sim or simcade and no one can deny GT has improved that with each iteration. Even GT5P made GT4-3-2-1 look like a complete joke, let alone 5 or 6, or Sport which by all accounts is the best so far in regards to physics.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Kudos to Kunos indeed, I assembled my rig and fired up AC last night for the first time in a few weeks, it was magical.
    I only had a few hours to spare, so I went to Nurburgring GP and tried out maybe ten or twelve different cars from the Alfa GTA to the R35 GT3, GT40, KTM, Shelby Cobra, and a few others.
    Each one was fantastic in it's own unique way.
    I also found some settings for my ffb that really brought the immersion to new levels for me.
    More again tonight hopefully, all we need now are custom lobbies and some new features and this game is easily the best console racer ever.
    Thank you Kunos.

12. John Sabol from ISRTV tried two GT Sport builds at E3 as he explained in their video on YT, the latest and greatest build that was believed to be close to the original cancelled release date has physics "... that reminds me quite a bit of Assetto Corsa ..." that he ran the day before. Now these are his words, and a lot may happen until GT Sport finally comes out, but my indication is that the competition of best racer on the console really is on (with upcoming Project CARS 2) which is a good thing for us.

Source (at the 13:00 mark, where he mentions AC):

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Larryf1951 and paul_wev like this.
  13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

GT 5 and 6 were garbage, even if I had a lot of fun on gt5 thanks to online. Gt5 and 6 may have improved over gt4 but only in the nature 8f the way more powerful consoles allow. From the perspective of Kaz's "vision" it certainly has not improved. LLoved gt4, loved gt prologue for what it was. Was majorly disappointed with GT5 within hours, was dumfounded by gt6. Smarter AI? Photomode? Ok I loved photomode, but the game itself was pants. So the games have not got better snd better regardless of added features as the games werd boring as hell, nothing to do with nostalgia. oh and they removed things such the speed test features for gt6 so you could say every step forward they take a step back. The series is dead.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

people keep clinging on to this. he said reminds him of AC, not they are the same as AC. His comments are vague and we know from statements by staff at gtp that have played both that gts is not like AC at all and they never will be. You only have to listen to some forza and gt players who tried AC and saiy it has a terrible handling model lol. Those casuals are what keep the franchises in business.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And Mr Sabol isn't the best informed person either. :D
    Nor is he in any sense objective.

pippo10 likes this.
  16. Arch

Arch Alien

This reminds me of the many times when Porsche journalists said that "THIS is the car to finally remove the understeer!" and just kept repeating it for decades.

I really don't hold much value at all to car journalists' or video game journalists' thoughts, barring some examples.

Ace Pumpkin and pippo10 like this.
  17. Thanks for pointing out that there are other opinions from someone who also played the latest and greatest GT Sport build.
    I'm not saying John is trustworthy from a journalistic point of view, but since he played the last version his opinion has at least some value. From what I can see on the video the collision physics have not been updated much, hence the bumper car remarks, and that is a bad thing. Also damage was not visible, which is an integral part of racing.

18. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Okay, y'all have had your little debate on the strengths and weaknesses of GT. Now, please, put your big boy pants on and either stay close to the spirit of this thread or start your own. Enough. Please.

paul_wev and TitzonToast like this.
  19. Just a reminder that it was you starting this thread by mentioning Gran Turismo in your first sentence, and stating AC was superior in the next. I was merely pointing out an opinion of a person who actually played the latest GT Sport title, which is in the spirit of today's discussion since GT6 doesn't apply to the PS4, nor does AC to the older PS3.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  20. Kudos to Kunos?

AC is a niche title with top notch physics, developed with a low budget unsurprisingly yielding limited content, plagued by quality issues, and the nasty world of politics surrounding support for peripherals.

Metropolis Street Racer by Bizarre Creations on the DreamCast introduced the greek term Kudos into the racing game community, and the game was later criticised as trying to sell an album of the Beatles on Mars. On the PS4, AC is exactly that. So yeah, Kudos to Kunos!