1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos reveals details about upcoming Porsche packs + new free track

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ShredatorFIN, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Some details in there I thought console users might be interested in too:

[​IMG]

So, for consoles as soon as approval process is done. Silverstone '60 track layout:

[​IMG]

Also, on forums it's been heavily rumored that next track will be Laguna Seca and Marco throws some more fuel into the fire here. Looks pretty certain now:

[​IMG]

Also he released this nice screenshot of Porsche Carrera S:

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos need a way to report players during a race Nov 28, 2021

3. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

YES! I bloody love classic silverstone

4. awesome epic update and dlc incoming season pass i have is ready! :D

5. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

So, my question is, has the DLC already been submitted for approval on consoles? Or will it be submitted on October 25? I would like to hope its the former, but who knows?

6. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Laguna Seca, I can't wait!

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Would assume it's going to be later for you guys, probably November. Don't think 1.9 for PC is ready yet, and 1.04 will most likely come for consoles with the DLC release. Might take a while.

HavanaB0B likes this.
  8. Markim79

Markim79 Gamer

I personally am not a fan of Laguna Seca but I do welcome it. I'd really love Bathurst though. And I mean REALLY love Bathurst.

vegaguy 5555, DD_Friar and Tomcul like this.
  9. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

At first, I disliked Laguna Secs. Then, after completing several races (in Gran Turismo, of course) I learned the sweet spots on turns. I look forward to driving it in AC.

Edit: corrected a misspelling

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    vegaguy 5555 and Markim79 like this.
  10. As I have understand that, they will send the data to ms and sony, when they released the pc dlc. Otherwise they should have say that the console dlc will come later. So I count with 7 to 14 days after the pc dlc.

11. Why make a new thread since it's a thread for news from the social network, just to pass of the moderators and close it like every other thread?
    Just a thought.
    First we got the modding section closed, what the chitchat section closed as well?
    I'm not saying because of this particular thread, don't get me wrong, it's the sum of all threads.
    Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

12. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

What about the Red Pack? I was under the impression that it would be released before the Porsche packs. Has that changed, or was I mistaken?

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Console players can't read that (Chit chat room is for Steam registered only). However there was 1 post about this before I posted, which I didn't notice.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  14. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Classic Silverstone is a blast! The ideal stomping ground for the 49 and 312T !!
    Thank you Kunos, this really is appreciated.
    Free tracks? I'm not used to this.
    Any plans for the original Spa? (Free or otherwise?)

Tomcul likes this.
  15. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Marco and Stefano confirmed that they've laserscanned what's left for a historic version of Spa, but It'd require too many resources (especially time, 6+ months) and they cannot currently afford that.

16. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

That's a shame. Jackie Stewart said himself that it was a "bigger test than the Nurburgring".
    Probably why he got it struck off the GP calendar!
    Seems it is still testing people to this day. I remember it in GP Legends on the PC in the late 90s. It was a fantastic track......when I wasn't upside down in someone's garden.

ZX636 and Grand Apeiron like this.
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I love how everyone gets excited about new stuff, cars and tracks you can't beat it. But hold on a minute how about finishing of the original game first, track limits on all tracks online, a leaderboard for time trials. How about private lobbies so you can race all this dlc online, how about a free app to actually see what your cars doing while on track or even better add it to the game it is a sim isn't it. I personally are not interested in anything new for this game until the original one is finished.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  18. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

New content is typically a separate part of the production pipeline to core code , Aside from when new content requires new features say specific tires / car features / specific car code.

So for the most part Tracks and Cars are separate to things like - Net code , lobbies , UI (fetures) , track cutting rules and other components along those lines.

I agree though personally I'd love to see way more core features/core development than new content, as I'm more into just racing and given that sim-racing is not really like real driving I just see the cars more as physics objects with certain properties rather than an "opportunity to drive the real thing"

In the end I think all that core development falls on Lord Kunos and like a cat basically he does what he wants, sometimes that's being nice and playing with the expensive toys you bought it, other times its decapitating mice and placing them on your bed.

So from an end users stand point though it may be frustrating at times you have to just try and enjoy what you have at this point in time, kindly ask for the cat to do what you would like but not expect it.

All said and done AC has delivered and offerd way more than it was originally going to and for the price you pay I think its good value for money.

Also people are always excited by new shiny stuff that's just human nature, I think most of them would also want other core features as well but as the new content is something confirmed and about to come out its something they can look forwards to and talk about.

I just wish winter would come sooner so the car stops lying on the wall and puts official Open VR support on the game ;) !

paul_wev likes this.
  19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

This thread exists becuas console users are not allowed to post in or even read threads in the chit chat section...I'd suggest you check where a thread is located in future ;)

20. Oops, my bad,

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

21. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Tracks are done by 1 guy, who isn't working on what you described. Cars.. Aris does the physics, don't think he has anything to do with that either. Stefano is the main programmer, but still.. AC is still developed mainly on PC. None of that stuff you mentioned is a problem for us, and community has been waiting for Porsches eagerly. So it's going to be released anyway on PC (already delayed by a month), adding it to console is a "side effect".

On PC a new version of the game and DLC have always been released simultaneously, I don't know if it's going to be the same thing on console. Would assume so.

I'm waiting for 1.9 just as much as the actual DLC, possible (non-confirmed) improvements are Tyre Model 10 for more GT3 cars, custom championships, possible AI updates. Plus confirmed Fmod (sound) updates. Maybe some progress on brake temps. I have no idea how much of it will translate to consoles, and when, possibly (?) with the Porsche update. And classic Silverstone was announced to come out this fall for PC, before console version was even in stores. They work for several months on each track.

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.